Kanaus in the Champions League

IMA MAROON

The Lithuania hating bigots will be gutted.

But...

Our feeder club can do a lot with the kind of money qualifying for the group stages brings in and we should benefit from this. They can upgrade their training facilities and bring in more quality players and coaches.

Kaunas qualifying for the Champions League group stages will be good for Hearts.

Guest Dipped Flake
The Lithuania hating bigots will be gutted.

But...

Our feeder club can do a lot with the kind of money qualifying for the group stages brings in and we should benefit from this. They can upgrade their training facilities and bring in more quality players and coaches.

Kaunas qualifying for the Champions League group stages will be good for Hearts.

But they haven't?????? Still got another round to go; would still have a wee chuckle if they made it though....

But they haven't?????? Still got another round to go; would still have a wee chuckle if they made it though....

It will be great to see Vlad giving interviews after all the games. He will be a brilliant laugh.

Vlad deserves the Champions League more than anyone.

Would the pyramid be re-arranged?

Would Kaunas continue to be the feeder team?

Would Hearts become the feeder team?

Would Kaunas fans moan about the influx of sub-standard Scots?

Would Vlad focus his time, energy and money on Kaunas?

We'll always be top of the pile but I would have no complaints if a player or two was loaned to Kaunas for a month or so.

Drylaw Hearts
We'll always be top of the pile but I would have no complaints if a player or two was loaned to Kaunas for a month or so.

Neither would I.

As long as it's one of the following :

No.28

Miko

Chesney

Ksanavicius

Zaliukas

Nelison

Stewart

Elliot

Makela

Commander Harris

No.

Yes.

No.

n/a

No.

to think that a the odd result in the champions league qualifiers for Kaunas is going to flip everything over is mistaken IMO. Kaunas are a very small club limited by several factors, they play in a country where football is a minority sport, they have attendances in the hundreds (on a good day), their turnover is a fraction of Hearts' etc. Hearts are no giants in terms of world football but in relative terms to Kaunas they are.

The fact that Kaunas always win their league and get a shot at the championsleague is irrelevant, this has happened for years and it's not going to transform things now.

Why do you think you'll always be top of the pile?

If Kaunas can make it to the group stages this time, why would he not focus on them to ensure it happens again? With them being clearly the best team in Lithuania, the chances of qual will be more frequent surely - Vlad almost concedes this when he talks about the media and protection fo the OF.

If Kaunas were to qualify regularly for either of the Euro competitions, more xposure would be on them hence the benfit of Hearts and access to a wider audience would be lessend.

And you'd be happy if say, Banks, Berra and Kingston were to be loaned out tommorrow until xmas to further Kaunas' euro adventure?:confused:

And you'd be happy if say, Banks, Berra and Kingston were to be loaned out tommorrow until xmas to further Kaunas' euro adventure?:confused:

We are one big happy family. Hearts, Kaunas and MTZ-Ripo.

Kaunas have helped us out in the past and it is only right we return the favour if asked.

Kaunas have helped us out in the past and it is only right we return the favour if asked.

To the detriment of your own campaign? :wacko:

Dr. Bapswent
I would rather it was Hearts.

I feckin hate FBK frickin Kaunas.

Yes, you keep saying.

I love them.

They just put Rangers out of Europe.

To the detriment of your own campaign? :wacko:

No, to help our own campaign. The better Kaunas do the better it is for Ukio Bankas and for Hearts.

Auldreekie1874

If Kaunas can make it to the group stages this time, why would he not focus on them to ensure it happens again? With them being clearly the best team in Lithuania, the chances of qual will be more frequent surely - Vlad almost concedes this when he talks about the media and protection fo the OF.

If Kaunas were to qualify regularly for either of the Euro competitions, more xposure would be on them hence the benfit of Hearts and access to a wider audience would be lessend.

The difference is that Kaunas players want to come to Scotland, Any loan deals going the other way would have to be agreed by the player.It wont happen.

Commander Harris

you can't honestly believe that? :confused:

Can you explain how Vlad is going to turn a wee team in Kaunas with their turnover, attendances, potential support etc into a team regularly competing in the championsleague proper? or even the UEFA cup for that matter :confused:

I mean no disrespect to Kaunas but it's just not going to happen. They might win their league every year and win the odd qualifying game, as has been happening for many years, but like I say,this huge transformation that you seem to be suggestion just isn't going to happen.

anyone who thinks that Kaunas, relative minnows when compared with Hearts(heck, even Aberdeen!), are going to become "top of the pyramid" is blinded by either agenda, ignorance or stupidity.

Drylaw Hearts
Yes, you keep saying.

I love them.

They just put Rangers out of Europe.

I cannot love 2 Football Teams.

Drylaw Hearts
No, to help our own campaign. The better Kaunas do the better it is for Ukio Bankas and for Hearts.

What a load of shiiite.

Dr. Bapswent
I cannot love 2 Football Teams.

I dont support them.

And I dont love them as my team - they are not.

But I do love them for screwing over one of the OF.

you can't honestly believe that? :confused:

Can you explain how Vlad is going to turn a wee team in Kaunas with their turnover, wagebill, attendances, potential support etc into a team regularly competing in the championsleague proper? or even the UEFA cup for that matter :confused:

I mean no disrespect to Kaunas but it's just not going to happen. They might win their league every year and win the odd qualifying game, as has been happening for many years, but like I say,this huge transformation that you seem to be suggestion just isn't going to happen.

anyone who thinks that Kaunas, relative minnows when compared with Hearts(heck, even Aberdeen!), are going to become "top of the pyramid" is blinded by either agenda, ignorance or stupidity.

I don't necessarily believe it, merely posing the question. To say it is never gonna happen is equally blinkered.

From what I know, feel free to correct me, Kaunas have made steady progress over the years in regards to progress in Europe. IF this were to continue and Kaunas were to become regulars in the group stages of either competition, where does it leave Hearts?

Dr. Bapswent
I don't necessarily believe it, merely posing the question. To say it is never gonna happen is equally blinkered.

From what I know, feel free to correct me, Kaunas have made steady progress over the years in regards to progress in Europe. IF this were to continue and Kaunas were to become regulars in the group stages of either competition, where does it leave Hearts?

CH is right.

Club size has a vital role in this.

Kaunas may win the league every year, and therefore automatically qualify for Europe, but their club cannot sustain that level of football when placed against other opposition, as the league they play in is of a lower level than the SPL.

Therefore, although they may win a nice shiny prize each year, it does not mean they are a larger, bigger or better club than one that does not win such prizes but plays at a higher level consistently.

Commander Harris

I wouldn't say steady progress. Some years they win their first qualifier, others (like last year) they lose it. no great leap forward.

my point is for a team with a handful of fans and very limited potential for growth, the odd win changes nothing for them in the long term. A short term boost perhaps but nothing sustainable.

That has also been Hearts' problem to a certain extent, we can have the odd season every ten years or so where we are challenging the top two but without the correct infrastructure in place this can never be sustained long term.

If Kaunas start to get gates in the tens of thousands and start to turnover millions and get large TV contracts while Hearts do not progress then off course in that case there would be a danger of Romanov switching focus but that's like saying if Hearts started getting attendances in the 100s of thousands and started turning over hundreds of million they could be a long term threat to barca and Real. :)

portobellojambo1

Have they, where is the evidence of this.

Despite being in a position to consistently win their domestic league this could well be one of the few times they have gotten to the same stage of the CL that Hearts did at their 1st attempt.

Drylaw Hearts
I dont support them.

And I dont love them as my team - they are not.

But I do love them for screwing over one of the OF.

I don't.

I'm laughing at Rangers plight but I really don't care one jot about frickin Kaunas.

I'm sick of hearing/reading about them tbh.

They such a shiiity little club with a horrible, horrible strip.

should make the first match v rangers a very noisy one after last night.

If qualifying for the champs league makes Kaunas a better team with the windfall of ?10m, we might see some better loan players coming our way.

Dr. Bapswent
I don't.

I'm laughing at Rangers plight but I really don't care one jot about frickin Kaunas.

I'm sick of hearing/reading about them tbh.

They such a shiiity little club with a horrible, horrible strip.

I didn't say I cared about them. I dont.

Im glad any team screws Rangers, but im even more glad its a team Vlad is involved in so he can rub it in.

You clearly do care, as you keep mentioning how much you hate them.

And the strip has no bearing on any of it.

scots civil war
It will be great to see Vlad giving interviews after all the games. He will be a brilliant laugh.

..................what a deluded muppet,or should i say puppet

vlad aint funny either,faintly amusing at best

a brilliant laugh ????? naaaaaaaaaah m8!!!!!!!!!

Drylaw Hearts
I didn't say I cared about them. I dont.

Im glad any team screws Rangers, but im even more glad its a team Vlad is involved in so he can rub it in.

You clearly do care, as you keep mentioning how much you hate them.

And the strip has no bearing on any of it.

I didn't say you cared about them - I said I didn't care about them.

And because I keep saying I hate them means I care about them ?

How do you work that out Dr B ?

Drylaw Hearts

[mod delete]

lighten up u lot, rangers just got beat by our feeders. this ones for walter-HA!

just shows how poor rangers are without bazza and carlos queer

Dr. Bapswent
I didn't say you cared about them - I said I didn't care about them.

And because I keep saying I hate them means I care about them ?

How do you work that out Dr B ?

To hate something is to have some feelings towards them.

Not to care is a lack of feelings.

2+2=

maltese jambo

Well ill be the first to admit it then:

The fact that they beat Rangers obviously went down well with me, but also Kaunas's performance impressed me a lot, and i like them and will be watching out for their results more often from now on.

The Mighty Thor

FBK Kaunas aren't in the Champions league.

They have reached the third qualifying round for the Champions League.

I don't get the number of people nursing a semi over the fortunes of FBK Kaunas.

What's actually quite concerning is the number of 'free thinking' individuals basking in the reflected glory of Romanov's other club as if it puts Hearts FC in a positive light. I don't get it.

Hearts have just finished their worst SPL campaign ever finishing eighth. This absolutely abysmal performance was mainly down to the fact that our owner packed the team and management function with sub-standard players from......yip FBK Kaunas.

I'd rather be discussing and debating our own European adventures but due to serious mis-management we didn't qualify. We didn't even come close.

So excuse me if i couldn't give a flying feck about FBK Kaunas.

FTK.

Drylaw Hearts
To hate something is to have some feelings towards them.

Not to care is a lack of feelings.

2+2=

Ok.

:)

I care about them enough to hate them.

:rofl:

No' date=' to help our own campaign. The better Kaunas do the better it is for Ukio Bankas and for Hearts.[/quote']

:rofl:

Their share price hasn't budged today despite the greater exposure for Ukio Bankas' name on Kaunas shirts in the next qualifying round!

I don't get the number of people nursing a semi over the fortunes of FBK Kaunas.

What's actually quite concerning is the number of 'free thinking' individuals basking in the reflected glory of Romanov's other club as if it puts Hearts FC in a positive light. I don't get it.

Hearts have just finished their worst SPL campaign ever finishing eighth. This absolutely abysmal performance was mainly down to the fact that our owner packed the team and management function with sub-standard players from......yip FBK Kaunas.

I'd rather be discussing and debating our own European adventures but due to serious mis-management we didn't qualify. We didn't even come close.

FTK.

People are concentrating on Rangers misfortunes, rather than Kaunas'.

Get a grip

The Mighty Thor
People are concentrating on Rangers misfortunes, rather than Kaunas'.

Get a grip

I suggest a wee read from the start of the thread chief.

slowly.

Pants Shaton

FTK.

Most sensible post on this thread.

I suggest a wee read from the start of the thread chief.

slowly.

Ok I read it, again, and inbetween all the usual personal niggles, there are at most 2-3 posters talking about Kaunas' fortunes.

The rest are in jest aimed at Rankers demise.

:confused:

tommythejambo

Kaunas will never be top of the pyramid. The main reason being that for a massive game Hearts could pull a crowd in excess of 20,000, whereas Kaunas would struggle to pull 5k.

Archived