John Mulgrew - Jambo

Hawick Jambo

Hawick Jambo

Mods, I'm not sure if its possible to make this a sticky for a few days, but any help would be appreciated.

I'd like to pass onto the sad news that after a long illness, John Mulgrew, full time Unison Service Conditions Rep, died yesterday.

John, as many of the people on here know was not only a great Union Official, he was also a terrific person and a fanatical Jambo. Personally, I also like to think that his great belief in fairness also meant there was only 1 team in Scotland he could have ever supported.

Anyway, I wanted to pass the message on, to pass on my condolences to all his family, friends and colleagues and to allow others to do the same.

Jambof3tornado

Didnt know the man but the passing of any jambo always saddens my heart

RIP. Condolences to his family and friends at this worst of times.

knew jocky from our time in the old balmoral and latterly the mill , had a good few beers wi him over the years , hearts daft ,brilliant guy , will be sadly missed

I knew Jocky from days in the Auld Worthies (and nights) was always good mates with Russell Weir. I remember him taking a job as a Traffic Warden,think he lasted a week!!

Definetely a good guy,good jambo and will be missed.

RIP Jocky.

ming the merciless

Not sure who posted this but thanks for doing it.

I'm Jocky's mate Brian, who attended many, many Hearts games with Jocky and he will be sorely missed.

His sister has asked me to confirm the funeral arrangements, which are 11 a.m. Tuesday 12th August at Warriston. It's a Humanist service.

Cheers

Sad news indeed.

I knew John from years ago. A really decent bloke and a good Jambo.

RIP John.

Condolences to John's family, friends and trade union colleagues from the admin team at JKB.

May he rest in peace.

Mods, I'm not sure if its possible to make this a sticky for a few days, but any help would be appreciated.

I'd like to pass onto the sad news that after a long illness, John Mulgrew, full time Unison Service Conditions Rep, died yesterday.

John, as many of the people on here know was not only a great Union Official, he was also a terrific person and a fanatical Jambo. Personally, I also like to think that his great belief in fairness also meant there was only 1 team in Scotland he could have ever supported.

Anyway, I wanted to pass the message on, to pass on my condolences to all his family, friends and colleagues and to allow others to do the same.

Sincere condoloncies to family and freinds. R.I.P.

kennygarland1

Very sad news,i worked closely with John on a few cases as a shop steward and he will be very sadly missed,i had no idea he was ill and will relay this message on to our members in unison.TY to the original poster.

Father Tiresias

I'm Jocky's mate Brian, who attended many, many Hearts games with Jocky and he will be sorely missed.

His sister has asked me to confirm the funeral arrangements, which are 11 a.m. Tuesday 12th August at Warriston. It's a Humanist service.

Cheers

Really sorry to hear the sad news Brian. I know you will miss him greatly.

ming the merciless
Really sorry to hear the sad news Brian. I know you will miss him greatly.

Cheers mate. Do I know you?

A sad day indeed. A fair few Hearts related nights with him, mainly through his former work colleague Logie. A great guy, who always had fun.

piestandhearts

RIP Jocky.

Always sad to hear of a youngish man passing away. Knew him well from tynecastle, and many Gorgie pubs. A true hearts supporter.

Thoughts and condolences to his family, and his good good mate Brian.

Cheers

Hi Brian, remember you well from Worthies.See you on Wednesday.

Miller Jambo 60
Condolences to John's family and friends from the Gorgie Hibbys.

Just read the tribute to John in the Evening News.

Have been on a few nights out with John and used to travel with him on the old Clermiston bus.

A great guy and will be missed by a lot of people.

RIP mate, Dougie.

To my extreme embarriement I did not realise who "John Mulgrew" actually was.

I saw his picture in today's Evening News (Thursday 14th Aug) and realised that he was "Wee Jocky", someone I knee, through football and drink. As a Senior UNISON Steward, and a Hearts Fan who is partial to the occasional drink (!) I should have known him better, but I didn't. Jocky believed in what he did, with a vengance, and would fight for anyone else to have the right to believe in what they chose. I did not know him as well as I would have liked to (hindsight is a wonderful thing !) but he was a better Jambo, and a better person than many folk I know, and way out of my league.

He will not be in heaven.

He will be on the picket line outside Hell !

Just to make sure the good guys don't end up there.

Hopefully not to soon, but I hope to join him on the line !

At the same time I would like to offer my sincere condolences to his many friends and his family.

The Gasman

maroonlegions

i knew jocky for my days drinking in the Mill and Hearts games , top dude and a heart of gold , R.I.P. Jocky.

Condolences to family and fiends, sorry i could'nt make your funeral on tues Jocky but i did raise a glass or two to your good self when i got home! The mill will be a much lesser place both pre and post match without your jovial presence, RIP wee man!

don,t know if its appropriate with this type of thread but would it be an idea to post a picture of the person who has passed away?lots of people meet and talk to people in different situations and names never get mentioned.anyway regardless if i knew you RIP.

Archived