Another One Bites The Dust

Surrey Jambo

Gigolo-Aunt

How about playing well in a run of games?

That might help you cement a first team place.....

The Comedian

Instead of yelping to the press he should knuckle down and work his way Into becoming a first team regular.

Dr. Bapswent

http://sport.scotsman.com/football/Hearts39-Cesnauskis-to-move-if.4357382.jp

Published Date: 05 August 2008

By BARRY ANDERSON

DEIVIDAS CESNAUSKIS will ask to leave Hearts if he fails to establish himself under new manager Csaba Laszlo.

The on-loan FBK Kaunas winger has told the Evening News that he must become a first-team regular during the forthcoming season or look to move elsewhere. Cesnauskis is keen to impress himself upon the Hungarian during the final year of his loan agreement, which expires next summer. The player would consider extending his stay in Edinburgh, but only if guaranteed regular game time.

The winger was introduced as a last minute substitute in Sunday's 1-0 victory over Hull City at Tynecastle.

He played 15 times for Hearts last season but most of his appearances were as substitute. With Laszlo continuing to evaluate his squad, Cesnauskis revealed he must consider his future if restricted to a peripheral role. "If Csaba says he doesn't need me for his team, if I am not playing, I want to leave Hearts," he said. "If you are not playing, you must change club. Csaba hasn't said anything to me so far, he wants to watch me in games first and then talk.

"My loan is for one more year. It's an important year for me. If I play, maybe I will sign a new contract. If not, I will go somewhere else. If I'm not playing after six months I will have to find something else.

"I hope this can be a big season for me but it depends how the coach looks at me. He has been here a couple of weeks and I believe he trusts me. He also has Mikoliunas on the right side, Beslija has come back, so these are his choices. I will work hard in training and then take a decision."

Hearts expect to hear in the next 48 hours whether Uganda internationalist David Obua has been granted a work permit with an appeal to be heard at Hampden.

Meanwhile, Hearts full-back Robbie Neilson is back in light training after recovering from an Achilles injury which forced him to miss the club's entire pre-season campaign.

The Scotland internationalist has had to wear a protective boot for the past few weeks but with that now removed he is free to step up his rehabilitation process.

However, it is likely to be a number of weeks before Neilson comes into contention for selection for the first team. Jambos boss Laszlo said: "It has been a frustrating time for him but he can now concentrate on getting back to full training.

"He's only done something like ten days running so he has a bit of work to get through to get himself ready."

Midfielders Ruben Palazuelos and Larry Kingston both picked up knocks in Sunday's win over Hull but both are expected to be fit for the visit of Motherwell this weekend.

By BARRY ANDERSON

DEIVIDAS CESNAUSKIS will ask to leave Hearts if he fails to establish himself under new manager Csaba Laszlo.

The on-loan FBK Kaunas winger has told the Evening News that he must become a first-team regular during the forthcoming season or look to move elsewhere. Cesnauskis is keen to impress himself upon the Hungarian during the final year of his loan agreement, which expires next summer. The player would consider extending his stay in Edinburgh, but only if guaranteed regular game time.

The winger was introduced as a last minute substitute in Sunday's 1-0 victory over Hull City at Tynecastle.

He played 15 times for Hearts last season but most of his appearances were as substitute. With Laszlo continuing to evaluate his squad, Cesnauskis revealed he must consider his future if restricted to a peripheral role. "If Csaba says he doesn't need me for his team, if I am not playing, I want to leave Hearts," he said. "If you are not playing, you must change club. Csaba hasn't said anything to me so far, he wants to watch me in games first and then talk.

"My loan is for one more year. It's an important year for me. If I play, maybe I will sign a new contract. If not, I will go somewhere else. If I'm not playing after six months I will have to find something else.

"I hope this can be a big season for me but it depends how the coach looks at me. He has been here a couple of weeks and I believe he trusts me. He also has Mikoliunas on the right side, Beslija has come back, so these are his choices. I will work hard in training and then take a decision."

Hearts expect to hear in the next 48 hours whether Uganda internationalist David Obua has been granted a work permit with an appeal to be heard at Hampden.

Meanwhile, Hearts full-back Robbie Neilson is back in light training after recovering from an Achilles injury which forced him to miss the club's entire pre-season campaign.

The Scotland internationalist has had to wear a protective boot for the past few weeks but with that now removed he is free to step up his rehabilitation process.

However, it is likely to be a number of weeks before Neilson comes into contention for selection for the first team. Jambos boss Laszlo said: "It has been a frustrating time for him but he can now concentrate on getting back to full training.

"He's only done something like ten days running so he has a bit of work to get through to get himself ready."

Midfielders Ruben Palazuelos and Larry Kingston both picked up knocks in Sunday's win over Hull but both are expected to be fit for the visit of Motherwell this weekend.

I thought his appeal was today? and if so don't they make a decision and announce it on the same day? Or is that to easy?

Instead of yelping to the press he should knuckle down and work his way Into becoming a first team regular.

If I were Csaba then I would give him a rap on the knuckles for having spoken to the press about this. Cheeky monkey.

sergent garcia
If I were Csaba then I would give him a rap on the knuckles for having spoken to the press about this. Cheeky monkey.

about what? that he wants to impres his new manager? that he wants to prove himself to be first team regular? or that this season is very important and if he is not needed by team he will consider his options?

yeah mate really cheeky how could he....

about what? that he wants to impres his new manager? that he wants to prove himself to be first team regular? or that this season is very important and if he is not needed by team he will consider his options?

yeah mate really cheeky how could he....

About speaking to the press about club matters, SG. I'm a strict disciplinarian you know. ;) Can't be having players talking in the press about the possibility of leaving Hearts, it creates bad karma and gives those media buggers something to latch on to regarding evidence of "crisis at Hearts, players wanting to leave", especially if another player hints at the same. Also smacks of trying to influence the manager's decisions. The players are there to play football, not act as media whores.

marshallschunkychicken
I thought his appeal was today? and if so don't they make a decision and announce it on the same day? Or is that to easy?

It means that Barry read that it is today in one paper, and tomorrow in another, and so he's decided to hedge his bets as he doesn't really know.

sergent garcia
About speaking to the press about club matters, SG. I'm a strict disciplinarian you know. ;) Can't be having players talking in the press about the possibility of leaving Hearts, it creates bad karma and gives those media buggers something to latch on to regarding evidence of "crisis at Hearts, players wanting to leave", especially if another player hints at the same. Also smacks of trying to influence the manager's decisions. The players are there to play football, not act as media whores.

i think u are over dramatic cant see how it relates with crisis or something if u read press everyday some players say that if they not neede by club they want to leave cant see nothing wrong with that or being somebodys whore...

Very positive in my eyes. No longer getting a shirt just for being one of Vlad's lads. Take Ivaskev and Miko with you.

Clerry Jambo
Very positive in my eyes. No longer getting a shirt just for being one of Vlad's lads. Take Ivaskev and Miko with you.

That would be another step in the right direction:rolleyes:

sergent garcia
That would be another step in the right direction:rolleyes:

u forgot ksana and that would be all the players who managed to score in all preseason except german miniteam...

We have too many "wingers" who can't cross the ball, Cesnauskis is one of them.

Bye Ches

hearts_crazy

Another one of those pesky Liths out of here, woohoo!

Actually Chesny is one who could flourish under Csaba, i'd give him the chance he wants and if he grabs it with both hands and shows what he can do, and achieves a level of consistency with it then he can stay, if not (as I suspect will be the case TBH) he can GTF. Same goes for his twin Miko.

How many more players are going to make empty promises just to get a game? Calum Elliot is a prime example here, i'm still waiting for his goals to 'fire us up the league' and I suspect i'll be a very old man before he makes good on that particular gem. For me if they fail to take the chances they've been given they know where the door is.

The ball is firmly in Chesney's court then.

Show you're worthy of a regular game and you'll likely get one.

If not, see you later.

Well then, it's entirely in his own hands whether he stays or not. I fully believe that Chesney is capable of playing well enough to hold down a spot but I'm not convinced by his attitude sometimes, I don't know if he really applies himself all that diligently. If he doesn't do so over the coming months, he doesn't stand much of a chance of moving on anywhere interesting anyway....

C'mon Chesney, less bumping of gums and more playing of football please.

And ill buy you a ticket to go with him.

Will you?

Thats very kind of you, I love that part of the world, is it a bit cheeky to ask for some spending money as well?

It sounds like my lucky day.

i think u are over dramatic cant see how it relates with crisis or something if u read press everyday some players say that if they not neede by club they want to leave cant see nothing wrong with that or being somebodys whore...

You've never dealt with the media then, perhaps SG? I, and people I've known, have been misquoted and misrepresented many times in the past in the media. It's far better to keep everything tightly under control by not letting your players talk to the media unless under controlled circumstances.

Brick Tamland

Typical purple helmet Banderson - why not put a positive spin on it based on the bold bits I have highlighted? It could have read

"Chesney wants to fight for his place"

Hearts winger DC believes he has the trust of the manager and has vowed to increase his workload in order to fight the competition from Miko and Beslija for a starting place in a rejuvenated Hearts team.

Given there are more of us than Hobos who can read banderson don't you think that might have sold a few more copies? Jobnockey of the highest order and the main reason I don't read your paper.

By BARRY ANDERSON

QUOTE]

Apparently he refers to the gaffer as "Csaba" .....:nono:

Apparently the gaffers name sounds like a surname as well, and vice versa with the surname.

Just google "Csaba Laszlo" and you'll get a professor and an actor by the name of Laszlo Csaba.

I guess it's puzzling for everyone, including the players.

sergent garcia
You've never dealt with the media then, perhaps SG? I, and people I've known, have been misquoted and misrepresented many times in the past in the media. It's far better to keep everything tightly under control by not letting your players talk to the media unless under controlled circumstances.

mate its football not war:) and not leting pleyrs talk to media is bad marketing :) ok i got your point...

portobellojambo1
According to the Scotsman, Chesney will be off if he doesn't get a regular game. Let's see, Andrew Driver just signed a 5 year deal...........http://sport.scotsman.com/football/Hearts39-Cesnauskis-to-move-if.4357382.jp

Don't think he will be a loss, another who has failed to impress regularly.

The odd decent/good game does not make you a good team player.

mate its football not war:) and not leting pleyrs talk to media is bad marketing :) ok i got your point...

:) It's pretty much a battle staying in business and getting ahead of the pack these days, SG. I don't mind players talking to media as long as it's authorised and there are ground rules in place (any talk about leaving the club or being dissatisfied in any way would be ruled out, for example). But ok, I get your point too... :cool:

Drylaw Hearts

I'd like to Chesney him go now.

Kingston looks as though he's going to play RM this Season and unfortunately Miko is next in line for that position.

Chesney and Beslija should both be ofloaded asap.

Billy the Jambo

I hope he takes the other lithuanians with him and while he is packing he could maybe help Beslija and Elliot with theirs

I would not bat an eyelid if Cesnauskius left. A man who, in my opinion, is a serial offender in the non-achieving stakes.

Yes he's got a decent bit of footballing skill but there are some games I watch him play and he's so anonymous we'd be as well having 10 men (or 9 if someone had already seen red :P).

Miko rightly gets a bit of stick but at least he doesn't hide.

Archived