Bryne/Eno new album due!

ArmiyaRomanova

ArmiyaRomanova

Anyone who was, like me, bowled over by the My Life In The Bush Of Ghosts album all those years ago might be interested to know that there's a brand new studio album due out later this month - can't wait!

There's more info on http://www.everythingthathappens.com, where there's already an mp3 track 'Strange Overtones' for download.

Poppier than I'd anticipated, but it's really grown on me...

"this groove is out of fashion, these beats are twenty years old"

Anyone else been hanging out for something else from this pair?

Awww.

Looks like I'm the only one.

Boy do I feel old.:)

Cheer up.

Brian Eno's career took a nosedive when he left Roxy Music imho.

Now that's an opinion from an old fart.

Cheer up.

Brian Eno's career took a nosedive when he left Roxy Music imho.

Now that's an opinion from an old fart.

Eh? His first three solo albums are classics. It was when he went ambient that he took a nosedive.

I have met Brian Eno. many years ago in his Roxy Music days :)

Thought I would share that would you all..

winchester 73
Awww.

Looks like I'm the only one.

Boy do I feel old.:)

I will definately buy it. I loved MLITBOG and also here come the warm jets, another green world and taking tiger mountain to name a few.

so you are most certainly not the only one. :)

Eh? His first three solo albums are classics. It was when he went ambient that he took a nosedive.

Here Come the Warm Jets may be seen as classic by some afficiandos, the rest are a bit too experimental for my tastes and he was into that ambient nonsense well into his third solo album.

Besides none of his stuff made much of an impression in the charts so not really classic material is it ;)

ArmiyaRomanova
I have met Brian Eno. many years ago in his Roxy Music days :)

Thought I would share that would you all..

Given his notorious libido at the time, you do realise that this is tantamount to saying that you've.........:P

ArmiyaRomanova

Before And After Science is also truly superb.....

And though he may well have left the 'pop' market a long way behind after that to concentrate on ambient and production work, there've been a few great Enosongs along the way on albums like After The Heat, Wrong Way Up, Nerve Net and Another Day On Earth.

Before And After Science is also truly superb.....QUOTE]

It's on my never-ending list of albums that I want to check out. I'm sure there are many good songs scattered along the way. 'Seven Deadly Finns' from the early period is an incredible song, don't think that was on an album though I may be wrong.

ArmiyaRomanova

It's on my never-ending list of albums that I want to check out. I'm sure there are many good songs scattered along the way. 'Seven Deadly Finns' from the early period is an incredible song, don't think that was on an album though I may be wrong.

Seven Deadly Finns wasn't on an album, no - but it did appear on the boxed set of vocal stuff EG put out about fifteen years ago....

Found this on YouTube... (not his video, obviously)

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=EctJr-6G9UQ

Superb stuff.... am currently enjoying the recent Eno biography and revisiting the music along the way. The man's a genius.

Superb stuff.... am currently enjoying the recent Eno biography and revisiting the music along the way. The man's a genius.

I had a flick through it in Waterstones last week. Looks a hefty read so I'd imagine it's quite meticulous(?). Quite fancy the 'Re-Make Re-Model' Roxy book too.

More to add to the list. Sigh.

ArmiyaRomanova
I had a flick through it in Waterstones last week. Looks a hefty read so I'd imagine it's quite meticulous(?). Quite fancy the 'Re-Make Re-Model' Roxy book too.

More to add to the list. Sigh.

Yup, it's a lengthy read alright - but very enjoyable, with the emphasis as much on colourful personal incident as recording/album info.

FYI, Fopp on Rose Street has hardback copies of the Remake Remodel book for only ?4 - I picked one up this afternoon, still two left on the shelf.

Archived