thefootballshirt.com

tb2006

Anyone received their shirts yet? Just got mine after about a week and a half and must say I'm VERY impressed. Being looking at the two I ordered and comparing it to pictures on the net; can't see any difference. If they are fake, no-one will ever know! :)

Anyone received their shirts yet? Just got mine after about a week and a half and must say I'm VERY impressed. Being looking at the two I ordered and comparing it to pictures on the net; can't see any difference. If they are fake, no-one will ever know! :)

so are they fakes or not? It's very easy to tell!

Post a pic on here.

Your third post and you're telling us about a dodgy Thai company purporting to sell replica football shirts at knock-down prices. Nice! :) Avoid. Barge pole. Large.

Your third post and you're telling us about a dodgy Thai company purporting to sell replica football shirts at knock-down prices. Nice! :) Avoid. Barge pole. Large.

tbf its in response to a thread i started a while ago.

so are they fakes or not? It's very easy to tell!

Post a pic on here.

my mate got his and texted me, he said they were either authentic or incredibly good fakes

tbf its in response to a thread i started a while ago.

Ah, ok CCP, sorry, I hadn't read that thread. A quick search of the internet shows that people have sometimes had problems paying and the company's system showing that they haven't paid, and also receiving shirts of pretty poor quality, particularly where names and numbers are added. However, in saying that, others have appeared satisfied. It appears to me to be pretty much a gamble, but if folk understand that then that's ok.

As it was the OP's 3rd post, I thought it was very probably the company direct selling on the forum.

Ah, ok CCP, sorry, I hadn't read that thread. A quick search of the internet shows that people have sometimes had problems paying and the company's system showing that they haven't paid, and also receiving shirts of pretty poor quality, particularly where names and numbers are added. However, in saying that, others have appeared satisfied. It appears to me to be pretty much a gamble, but if folk understand that then that's ok.

As it was the OP's 3rd post, I thought it was very probably the company direct selling on the forum.

lol your forgiven.

I heard of the site through a mate who found it on the Burnley website, some of them were very complimental but others werent too impressed.

Prob worth the risk for 15quid.

(i cant vouch that the OP isnt actualy from the company tho :P)

That site DEFINATELY sells FAKES.

But if they are so good no one will know, then I don't really see the difference

my mate got his and texted me, he said they were either authentic or incredibly good fakes

check the label!! Will be able to tell right off weather its a fake or an authentic top.

check the label!! Will be able to tell right off weather its a fake or an authentic top.

Do their counterfeiting abilities not extend to labels then?

BangkokHearts

There's no ifs or buts about it, they are 100% fake if they come from Thailand.

The best fakes are about 3.50 each from the suppliers here and they will fool most people at first glance. A cheaper poorer quality fake will be about 1.50!

Real authentic football shirts are very difficult to get here outside of the usual teams; Man U, Arsenal, Chelsea, Real, etc and they are about the same price as in the UK and in many cases more expensive.

Do their counterfeiting abilities not extend to labels then?

Real and authentic ones? No as that would be against the law (as far as I'm aware). The label might say Nike, Umbro or whatever but it won't be the same as a real label on a real top.

BangkokHearts
Real and authentic ones? No as that would be against the law (as far as I'm aware). The label might say Nike, Umbro or whatever but it won't be the same as a real label on a real top.

They fake the labels also 100%. Not difficult.

It's illegal in Thailand to put a brand logo on a garment that is not licensed by that brand name owner. So putting a Nike swoosh on a garment is the same as making a tag with the brand name same as the original.

Police are easily paid off and the counterfeiters are well protected here so it is no issue for the bigger players.

There has been a clampdown in recent years but the good fake football tops are still available if you look around. As usual the only people affected by these clampdowns are the smaller retailers. The big counterfeiters are pretty much untouchable.

They fake the labels also 100%. Not difficult.

It's illegal in Thailand to put a brand logo on a garment that is not licensed by that brand name owner. So putting a Nike swoosh on a garment is the same as making a tag with the brand name same as the original.

Police are easily paid off and the counterfeiters are well protected here so it is no issue for the bigger players.

There has been a clampdown in recent years but the good fake football tops are still available if you look around. As usual the only people affected by these clampdowns are the smaller retailers. The big counterfeiters are pretty much untouchable.

Maybe thet are better now but in the past I've always been able to spot the fake by looking at the label, yes they are more or less exactly the same but you can still tell the difference imo.

Mind you I don't care as I would never buy from that site or any site that is based in Thailand.

BangkokHearts

Most of the time you can spot a fake even the really good ones and especially if you have an original at hand to compare.

Things to look for aside from the labels (a lot of shirts just have a transfer now as opposed to the sewn in label) are squint stitching, loose threads (especially on the inside of the garment), washing instructions, and size/fit.

As I said if they come from Thailand they are fake, you don't even need to bother checking.

JamboRossi79
There's no ifs or buts about it, they are 100% fake if they come from Thailand.

The best fakes are about 3.50 each from the suppliers here and they will fool most people at first glance. A cheaper poorer quality fake will be about 1.50!

Real authentic football shirts are very difficult to get here outside of the usual teams; Man U, Arsenal, Chelsea, Real, etc and they are about the same price as in the UK and in many cases more expensive.

I do not believe that the shirts I have bought are fakes, I have an eye for detail and can tell these things. I believe the ones I have are factory rejects. I compared my Italy home top with one in the shop and they are identical with the exception that the mesh looks like it is ripped at the bottom but that is easily fixed and not noticeable rom the outside.

I remember back in the day when you could spot a fake just by the fact that the badge, sponsors or names on the back weren't sown on and were just a part of the shirt material! Things were so much easier back then! Ahh.... I miss the 90s! :282:

I remember back in the day when you could spot a fake just by the fact that the badge, sponsors or names on the back weren't sown on and were just a part of the shirt material! Things were so much easier back then! Ahh.... I miss the 90s! :282:

you can still get those pishy tops mate!!

In fact one of my work mates brought me one back from Egypt last year, it was a women so I let her off ;)

are we talking about the Hearts top here?

If so, where is the link to it on that site?

JamboRossi79
are we talking about the Hearts top here?

If so, where is the link to it on that site?

No mate, not Hearts. International teams, and big teams from other leagues.

Thought it was a bit weird.

Still, Arsenal looks not bad at ?14. Are the names and numbers you get fake (good fakes) as well?

Thought it was a bit weird.

Still, Arsenal looks not bad at ?14. Are the names and numbers you get fake (good fakes) as well?

are they not only ?7?

you can still get those pishy tops mate!!

In fact one of my work mates brought me one back from Egypt last year, it was a women so I let her off ;)

Haha. What was she even doing out the kitchen in the first place :rolleyes: I'd like to think i'm a little wiser now than to contemplate wearing one of the old school ones while walking along princess street, but from what I can see the tops on this website look fairly decent and its just a case of whether or not to take the gamble on them going by the mixed reports!!

I dont doubt that they will mostly be fake in Thailand, but this site is selling them internationally on a website which can be viewed all over the world - does that not make it slightly more reputable?

Thank you for CCP for supporting me on this one. I will post a photo tomoro of the ones I bought. I am 100% these are real. What's to stop a company buying these at cost price and making a profit on delivery? Or seconds.........

And the whole 'avoid. barge. pole' thing suggesting I'm a representative of this site......I'm a fifth generation Jambo, no funny nonesense going on here!

I do not believe that the shirts I have bought are fakes, I have an eye for detail and can tell these things. I believe the ones I have are factory rejects. I compared my Italy home top with one in the shop and they are identical with the exception that the mesh looks like it is ripped at the bottom but that is easily fixed and not noticeable rom the outside.

0107love.jpg

The real danger with buying form these type of sites is the risk of your bank account/card details being used fraudulently after you get your top. No matter how convincing it is.

jamboian2006

The site is selling 100% fakes, gauranteed. I wouldn't buy them but if you are happy with what you get for your money then fair enough. The shirts may seem real but compare it to a real one and you will see slight differences like poorer quality printing, sponsors, security features and embroidery. The seams won't be as well stiched also. The reality is they look good just now but in 10 washes time they won't last like a real shirt will.

At the end of the day, who is honestly going to make a big deal about knock off football shirts? I got a couple of tops when I was in Spain, blatantly fake but they did the same job as a real one when I was playing 5's.

Archived