Robbie on road back

The Future's Maroon

Francis Albert

I think Kingsley Amis said the most depressing words in the English lasnguage were "Shall we go straight to the table?" (rather than have a drink first) or, in an alternative version "Red or white?"(as opposed to both).

Another version (not Amis's) was arriving at a party and being told "Do come in. Sir Geoffrey (Howe) is in sparkling form ..."

"Robbie on road back" must be up there.

Ray Winstone

I thought we were trying to strengthen the team?

Should tell the physio he needs another season of rehab.

I'm with Coco....:)

Anyone can see we have missed him, not saying there are'nt better right backs ....Just not at Hearts!!

Woopty doo!! He`s hardly the prolific striker we are desperate for!!! But dont worry Csaba talks a great game!!! :confused::confused:

Do enlighten us, jamie; what would you do differently from Laszlo? For the best part of 3 years we've been crying out for someone experienced and who communicates with the fans; correct me if I'm wrong, but Csaba has done that to a very impressive extent.

Add in to that the players seem happier, hungrier and fitter.

We're also actually using the midfield, as opposed to last season where the ball would start at Banks, be hoofed up, lost and repeated. It was evident from yesterday that he's actually getting us to try and play football. Are we good enough for that? I don't know; he certainly seems to think so and I trust his judgement.

Given time he'll bring his own players in and (further) stamp his mark onto the team; right now he's doing a damn fine job with what he's got, IMO.

What exactly has Laszlo done wrong to **** off so many fans? I'm struggling here, I really am. EDIT: And if your answer to that question is 'he husny bought a striker yet', would you rather he made a panic buy and risk getting another Klimek or take his time and find someone who will actually benefit the team?

I'm with Coco....:)

Anyone can see we have missed him, not saying there are'nt better right backs ....Just not at Hearts!!

I'd rather play with no right back.

Guest jambomickey
Do enlighten us, jamie; what would you do differently from Laszlo? For the best part of 3 years we've been crying out for someone experienced and who communicates with the fans; correct me if I'm wrong, but Csaba has done that to a very impressive extent.

Add in to that the players seem happier, hungrier and fitter.

We're also actually using the midfield, as opposed to last season where the ball would start at Banks, be hoofed up, lost and repeated. It was evident from yesterday that he's actually getting us to try and play football. Are we good enough for that? I don't know; he certainly seems to think so and I trust his judgement.

Given time he'll bring his own players in and (further) stamp his mark onto the team; right now he's doing a damn fine job with what he's got, IMO.

What exactly has Laszlo done wrong to **** off so many fans? I'm struggling here, I really am. EDIT: And if your answer to that question is 'he husny bought a striker yet', would you rather he made a panic buy and risk getting another Klimek or take his time and find someone who will actually benefit the team?

agree with everything you've said mate

rambothejambo

Robbie on road back, I was hoping it was Robbie on back road. A decent centre forward and a decent right back are the two priorities for the team right now, if the management team can't see that then it's going to be one long hard season.

Genghis Khan
I'd rather play with no right back.

Have ye's no' replaced Whittaker yet likesay?:107years:

Guest jambomickey

robbie nielson takes alot of unfair stick! i'm not saying he's a brilliant player but at least he gives 100% unlike some others did

Geoff Kilpatrick

The "predict the number of Robbie Neilson threads in the 2008-09 season" competition is still open. I make that 7 so far since I first suggested it! :)

Robbie is still the best right back we have.

Correct.

It still amazes me that with all the players Vlad has brought in over the last 3 years that Robbie is still the no.1 right back at the club.

LiamWallace
Correct.

It still amazes me that with all the players Vlad has brought in over the last 3 years that Robbie is still the no.1 right back at the club.

me too how can vlad not see he needs to go dunno who would replace him tho.

Ibrahim Tall
That's it in 10 years!!!

Given we've only won 2 trophies in that period that isn't a bad record.

:P

Robbie is still the best right back we have.

Unfortunately I'd have to agree with that, doesn't say much for our RBs :sad:

You can slag him off as much as you want but he is loyal to Hearts through troubled times and gives his all more than others. I dare say he comes on here for a wee nose from time to time and to read the pelters about himself is really going to install confidence to the lad in what some are sayin ,not one would tell him to his face if you met him on the street more likely Ah what like Robbie? hows it goin?Would rather a trier than someone that doesn`t give a toss.

I would like to break from my normal posting re Neilson and say that I am pleased that he is on the way back, I will be delighted when he is back to full fitness. As nobody would take him if he was unable to play.

You can slag him off as much as you want but he is loyal to Hearts through troubled times and gives his all more than others. I dare say he comes on here for a wee nose from time to time and to read the pelters about himself is really going to install confidence to the lad in what some are sayin ,not one would tell him to his face if you met him on the street more likely Ah what like Robbie? hows it goin?Would rather a trier than someone that doesn`t give a toss.

I don't think anyone is questioning his loyalty or effort, just his ability as a RB.

That's it in 10 years!!!

I'm sure there are plenty of other games where he's had good performances, i just picked the two most high profile ones

davemclaren

Robbie is our best right back - FACT. In fact ( there's that word again ), the guy who sits next to me at Tynie thought he was player of the year last season.....much to the consternation of some. ;)

Robbie is our number 1 RB down to luck.

Barasa got injured when he was starting to look like a good player and subsequently moved back to Kaunas*.

Tall was brought in as a right back, but spent most of his time playing in the centre of defence, same with Karapidis.

*Come to think of it, didn't he have to retire because of that injury?

Harry Palmer
Woopty doo!! He`s hardly the prolific striker we are desperate for!!! But dont worry Csaba talks a great game!!! :confused::confused:

I to am confused, about yourself. What, realistically, do you want? What are you expecting? Which prolific striker do you suggest we sign (other than Ratboy)? Are you qualified to be a manager? What would you be telling the 'Official' website when interviewed?

Anyway, Robbie returning gives us another option, albeit a limited option other than crap etc, he also adds to our experience in the squad.

People keep going on about a GK/2 FB's & 20-goal-a-season striker but they somehow decline to mention names. Ah, of course, the scouting network(or Vladimir) should find these players and then if they do they will undoubtedly be crap and much poorer than they themselves could have found outwith wiki or FM.

Far too much :mj_zivili::mj_zivili: so I'll leave you...

Guest JamboRobbo

I guess I'm one of the few who is happy at this news.

Robbie is no world beater, but he does a decent job at SPL level, and is a MUCH better RB option than Jason Thomson from what I've seen of them.

Robbie on road back, I was hoping it was Robbie on back road. A decent centre forward and a decent right back are the two priorities for the team right now, if the management team can't see that then it's going to be one long hard season.

Add a left back and a goalscoring midfielder.

Woo Hoo!! Mon the Tackle!! :pray:

Thompson isn't ready, talk of Karipidis going back to Greece.

Robbie Neilson is our best right back, get over it ladies ;)

Guest JamboRobbo
I would like to break from my normal posting re Neilson and say that I am pleased that he is on the way back, I will be delighted when he is back to full fitness. As nobody would take him if he was unable to play.

:laugh:

portobellojambo1

Agree BH, more chance of moving on a fit player than an unfit one. I don't normally take a lot out of friendly matches, the game on Sunday versus Hull was no different, but one of the actual successes to me was Jason Thomson, he looked comfortable on the ball and seems to understand that when propelling it forward the idea is to keep it within the white line that marks the edge of the pitch.

Think Robbie has had his time, and it is now time to look forward and try to get better in that position

jambos are go!

Great news that one of the most respected and admired defenders in the SPL is getting back to fitness. Arguably our best right back since the 1950s at least and who can ever forget 'that' tackle. As Alex MacDonald once said the great ones prove it when there's medals to be won.

H J Simpson

Good to see they still refer to him as Scotland Internationist. That means Kevin Kyle, Steven Crainie and the lad Dobie can refer to themselves in the same manner.

Neilson is **** - fact. All the guys who say but Burley picked him, he was only in charge for about 10 games and since then didn't try to sign him for Southampton or pick him for Scotland. Ask yourself why!!

As for 'the tackle', watch the game, the only reason he had to put in the challenge was cause Gretna did us on the break after a **** poor atempt at a cross by our RB which hit the first man even although there wasn't a Gretna player within 10 yards of him hen he crossed it.

Defending - ****e

Passing - ****e

Awareness - ****e

Effort - 100% - so feck, I'd give 100% as well, doesn't make me good enough

H J Simpson
Great news that one of the most respected and admired defenders in the SPL is getting back to fitness. Arguably our best right back since the 1950s at least and who can ever forget 'that' tackle. As Alex MacDonald once said the great ones prove it when there's medals to be won.

I want what your drinking, smoking, popping & injecting please

I'd call you a hobo but not one of them could come up with as good a line as that.

Archived