Dougie Freedman

vegas-voss

Ok most probably pish but just read on Hibs.net that Dougie Freedman knocked us back.Anyone heard this first i have ever heard of him being linked with us.

Another poster referred to a mystery striker turning us down on a season long loan.

Freedman would have been good. (if true...)

Keep away from there. Your head will explode.

What does it say :P

That he knocked us back because he wanted a grand more.Also said Csaba was ready to walk because of failed promises from Vlad(never took any notice of that bit)

Another poster referred to a mystery striker turning us down on a season long loan.

Freedman would have been good. (if true...)

What age is he now.I know he has scored goals everywhere he has been but must be something like 34 now.

That he knocked us back because he wanted a grand more.Also said Csaba was ready to walk because of failed promises from Vlad(never took any notice of that bit)

There's no doubt that budgets will be tighter this season. Not spending money we don't have is something the pieman should have been doing 10 years ago.

Does anyone know what Freedman was looking for?

marshallschunkychicken

Aye, cause it's OUR manager that's ready to walk cause of broken promises...

:rolleyes:

Nucky Thompson

It must be true if it's posted on Hibs.net:rofl: According to them we were going into administration on the 16th February, then the 22nd, then the 30th:107years:

Funny that Freedman's name has popped up again (it did in another thread last week)

I'm friendly with a couple of fairly influential lads within Palace and I've been assured that Duggie is on ?12k per week. He's also been taking his coaching badges and it's known that he's looking for a coaching role.

Not only could he be given that with us, but he's a class act on the pitch and is exactly what we need up-front.

Funny that Freedman's name has popped up again (it did in another thread last week)

I'm friendly with a couple of fairly influential lads within Palace and I've been assured that Duggie is on ?12k per week. He's also been taking his coaching badges and it's known that he's looking for a coaching role.

Not only could he be given that with us, but he's a class act on the pitch and is exactly what we need up-front.

But ?12k for a 34 year old:eek:

Glad if true Vlad told him where to go.

I didn't hear tonight's show (but I'm hoping for confirmation) but I just got a text from a friend who stated that Talk 107 have confirmed that we're in for Freedman.

I think this could happen.

Anyone care to cement this?

Please enlighten me as to the "friend of ex-player" on the quoted thread.

I also knew a player once.

Am I the "friend of ex-player" you are referring to?

The guy who started the thread I linked to.

Enlightened now ?

The guy who started the thread I linked to.

Enlightened now ?

No.

Where does this state that this this quote came from a friend of an ex-player:

"Enquiries have been made been told he is free to leave Palace Isnt keen on coming to scotland though so think its a non starter. Was speaking to an agent today who had heard through another s.p.l manager."

Leave it. You win.

I didn't hear tonight's show (but I'm hoping for confirmation) but I just got a text from a friend who stated that Talk 107 have confirmed that we're in for Freedman.

I think this could happen.

Anyone care to cement this?

I listened to the show but did not hear that unless it was mentioned when i was out the room at times.

No.

Where does this state that this this quote came from a friend of an ex-player:

"Enquiries have been made been told he is free to leave Palace Isnt keen on coming to scotland though so think its a non starter. Was speaking to an agent today who had heard through another s.p.l manager."

Leave it. You win.

The guy has posted infrequently since our forward line was Lee Miller and Mark Burchill.

He used to come out with some good info that he was clearly getting from one of them.

I can't remember which one it was though :wacko:

The guy has posted infrequently since our forward line was Lee Miller and Mark Burchill.

He used to come out with some good info that he was clearly getting from one of them.

I can't remember which one it was though :wacko:

You're clearly making this up in an attempt to cover your erse.

What connection does Lee Miller or Mark Burchill have with Freedman?

You dug the hole.....

You're clearly making this up in an attempt to cover your erse. Baws.

What connection does Lee Miller or Mark Burchill have with Freedman? Same agent ? Who knows ? What I do know is that he clearly has a good source and has been spot on with info in the past.

You dug the hole..... and you spat the dummy for some reason.

:wacko:

Edit: http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/415135-post27.html here he is confirming it himself.

Too old and too expensive. IF he was as good as he used to be, then it MAY be a good shout. IF he was interested and IF he was prepared to come for AT MOST half of the reputed 12k then it would be worth a punt. I don't see that happening though.

Big gamble IMO.

Whilst I am thinking about it, this is the second time I have read someone say that they know "people in the know" at Palace.

2 Supporters of a Scottish club seem to have links to a London club in the space of a couple of days? Who would have thunk it?

Ryan Gosling
Too old and too expensive. IF he was as good as he used to be, then it MAY be a good shout. IF he was interested and IF he was prepared to come for AT MOST half of the reputed 12k then it would be worth a punt. I don't see that happening though.

Big gamble IMO.

Did well in league one last season.

2 year deal as a player/coach and I'm aboard.

"What connection does Lee Miller or Mark Burchill have with Freedman?"

Same agent ? Who knows ? What I do know is that he clearly has a good source and has been spot on with info in the past."

So are you doubting my word against your own "WHO KNOWS" quote/quotes?

You're clearly quoting/posting on a thread that you know little or nothing about.

I'm not saying that my information is going to come to fruition, but I'll stand here and fight my corner.

Just to reiterate, Freedman would do us a turn both on and off the park.

Live with it.

"What connection does Lee Miller or Mark Burchill have with Freedman?"

Same agent ? Who knows ? What I do know is that he clearly has a good source and has been spot on with info in the past."

So are you doubting my word against your own "WHO KNOWS" quote/quotes?

You're clearly quoting/posting on a thread that you know little or nothing about.

I'm not saying that my information is going to come to fruition, but I'll stand here and fight my corner.

Just to reiterate, Freedman would do us a turn both on and off the park.

Live with it.

Check the edit in my last post for confirmation from the man himself.

Congratulations - you've just made yourself look like a complete diddy.

Run along now.

Did well in league one last season.

2 year deal as a player/coach and I'm aboard.

Wages dependant and I would agree. No more than six grand IMO, any more and it is a risk.

The real reason that clubs tend to err away from older players is their fitness. Irrespective of his ability, his game was based about high energy and in Scotland he would be joining a league that is acknowledged as a faster game. He would need to be really, really fit for us to get our moneys worth.

This is rubbish

All that has happened is that Freedman had his testimonial a week or so ago -- during one of the interviews he was asked about the future and any contacts etc - he stated he had been advised to keep playing and had one more year left on his contract -- he had been offered a coaching role at Palace.

They then asked him about playing in Scotland and he said he would never say never but that his family were settled in the South.

We then had a poster who asked the question what about trying to get Freedman -- people then posted their views and some claimed to have info -- Please note there had never been contact between Hearts and his agent or himself -- it was all started by a Poster and the football rumours site -- this grew legs to the extent that some Hobo posted an item on their Captainpugwash.net --

Now we have the sad situation of people trying to discuss seriously whether there has been a move for him -- it never happened -- think again folks !!

We'll agree that we are interested?

:-)

It seems so. Whether he's interested in us is another matter.

FWIW I think he'd still do a turn for us.

chester copperpot
That's FAF :rofl:

Sorry Jkato, just after you'd made up with LC too.

It's a beauty, I'll give you that.

hoofhearted

I have met dougie freedman a few times through a friend of mine i know for a fact that he had the chance to go to rangers a couple of seasons ago for less money than he was on but a bigger win bonus and a house was offered dougies wife did not want to move then and i cant see that changing now so a total non starter for me

I think Burchill and Freedman share an agent in Blair Morgan.

Thay used to share the same agent though not any more Burchill"s agent is Darren Jackson.

Worthing Jambo

Freedman has been freed by Palace.

According to one Palace season ticket holder he did a great job for them before going on loan to Leeds.

He was expected to take a coaching role at Palace, but that went sour when Warnock joined, and wouldn't guarantee him a starting slot.

Could probably do us a turn but would he be up for it?

Ok most probably pish but just read on Hibs.net that Dougie Freedman knocked us back.Anyone heard this first i have ever heard of him being linked with us.

Spot the link ?

Everything posted over there comes under the same bracket.

Archived