Give the new manager time

Horse

Have to give the guy a chance FFS. Can't believe he is getting pelters on here already - but maybe I can!

When JJ took us over he took us to the bottom of the league before he turned things around with his own signings, Bruno, Roussett, Fulton etc and getting more out of the youngsters at the time - Locke, Johnston, Ritchie etc.

I appreciate you can't sign players under contract out with the transfer window these days as you could then so maybe there is more a need to get some guys in before the end of August.

However, if we can see an improvement in the first month in the team spirit and the manner the team is playing then that is a start. However, I feel if we are not in the top six by the end of August people will be saying the usual he is just a vlad puppet etc.

Remember JJ start to his managerial career at Hearts before you give Csaba abuse.

I truly hope that the majority of the Hearts support agree with this because as far as I'm concerned, there isn't any other way to look at it.

shaun.lawson

He'll get time from me, certainly. The only sine qua non I'd set is we must be in the top six come the split - but he can't work miracles, and as long as we see a committed, properly organised team making the most of what it has, that'll do me for his first season in charge. I doubt many'll feel that different either: if we end up 5th, for example, that'll hardly be success, but it would be tolerable given what's gone before.

He'll get time from me, certainly. The only sine qua non I'd set is we must be in the top six come the split - but he can't work miracles, and as long as we see a committed, properly organised team making the most of what it has, that'll do me for his first season in charge. I doubt many'll feel that different either: if we end up 5th, for example, that'll hardly be success, but it would be tolerable given what's gone before.

He is known as the Miracle man...he can perform miracles :)

I think we seen yesterday that the team have a lot more spirit and team work and some of the football was very pleasing.

This is after three weeks. I will have a better idea how things are at Christmas time.....but I honestly think he will turn this club around... :)

Clerry Jambo

It certainly would be success for Csaba to get this squad to 5th place........it's Romanov who should be taking the wrath if he doesn't back his Manager with some signings

Obviously the OF will be in the top 6. Have to fancy Utd and Aberdeen as well. Not sure how M'well will be this year, so think it could be between us, Hibs, M'well and Falkirk for the last 2 places.

Jam Tarts 1874
It certainly would be success for Csaba to get this squad to 5th place........it's Romanov who should be taking the wrath if he doesn't back his Manager with some signings

Fine, but where is the money going to come from? Romanov has effectively just given us ?12m FFS :rolleyes:

Buffalo Bill

There's been a lot of nitpicking on here with regards to what Csaba has said, what he's now saying, what it might mean, what is does mean etc etc.

If that's what people want to do then that's their choice, but I'm sure the guy is working his socks off for this club and is doing his best, which is good enough for me.

I'm just looking forward to a new season, a fresh start and a few beers either side of the game.

Buffalo Bill

Drylaw Hearts
Fine, but where is the money going to come from? Romanov has effectively just given us ?12m FFS :rolleyes:

Romanov has effectively given us back ?12million of the debt he's accrued since he arrived.

There's been a lot of nitpicking on here with regards to what Csaba has said, what he's now saying, what it might mean, what is does mean etc etc.

If that's what people want to do then that's their choice, but I'm sure the guy is working his socks off for this club and is doing his best, which is good enough for me.

I'm just looking forward to a new season, a fresh start and a few beers either side of the game.

Buffalo Bill

I'll come back and comment on what you've said BB once I've analysed it down to the finest detail. ;)

Clerry Jambo

Oh please dinnae make me laff - thats another discussion for another thread.

If we go into this new season with the same squad as of Monday 4th August 10.51am then top 6 would be some achievement.

Is that success for you??

Vlad and his Committee have totally balls up the squad over the last 2 years and wasted BIG money.

Too many similar midfielders, lack of full back cover, oh hang on we have Andy Driver!:wacko: other than Kingston no attacking midfielder with a bit guile or craft to unlock average defences and obviously no goalscorer.

I could go on but feck it - I was in quite a good mood this morning:rolleyes:

No he hasn't. We might be able to use the interest payment we've saved to buy a striker's shin or something, if the money were not needed elsewhere of course.

There are so many people on here who are new signing "addicts". It's like a fix that they must have, all the time.

The job of a manager is not to come in and start signing players. He has to analyse what players he has got to start with, and that takes some time. He has to try and improve what he's got, and get more out of them. That's man-management, and the good coaches are able to do this (bad ones just reach for the cheque book or start bleating when they can't splash the cash). He can also look to strengthen the squad with the right players, when they are available. No point in signing dross just for the sake of bringing in new faces.

Csaba seems to be approaching things the right way in my book, but he needs more than 3 weeks to sort out the current situation. Give him time, and the improvements will come. Don't expect him to work miracles, or you're sure to be disappointed.

Guest Maroon Carpet

Let's just hope we get off to a great start on Saturday with a win over Motherwell.

I am sure that Csaba will have the team fired up.

There are so many people on here who are new signing "addicts". It's like a fix that they must have, all the time.

The job of a manager is not to come in and start signing players. He has to analyse what players he has got to start with, and that takes some time. He has to try and improve what he's got, and get more out of them. That's man-management, and the good coaches are able to do this (bad ones just reach for the cheque book or start bleating when they can't splash the cash). He can also look to strengthen the squad with the right players, when they are available. No point in signing dross just for the sake of bringing in new faces.

Csaba seems to be approaching things the right way in my book, but he needs more than 3 weeks to sort out the current situation. Give him time, and the improvements will come. Don't expect him to work miracles, or you're sure to be disappointed.

How. Dare. You. Talk. Sense.

Thats pretty much how I see it as well. The guy needs more than 2-3 weeks to have a look, get settled and discuss the players he needs/wants.

Had to laugh how a comment like "and then we will sit down and discuss players" (not a direct quote) when he was talking about signing players had folk starting a thread about how the 'we' he was referring too meant that Vlad was making all the decisions and he was a puppet. Some folk are total planks. Jumping on absolutely everything looking for hidden meanings. If these people think every other manager goes up to the chairman and say "sign him" without having to justify or explain the player to said chairman then they must be mental.

Until proven otherwise i'm gonna go with Csaba. Yesterday we played much better than last season, passed the ball a bit and kept a clean sheet. Baby steps folks!

Oh please dinnae make me laff - thats another discussion for another thread.

If we go into this new season with the same squad as of Monday 4th August 10.51am then top 6 would be some achievement.

Is that success for you??

Vlad and his Committee have totally balls up the squad over the last 2 years and wasted BIG money.

Too many similar midfielders, lack of full back cover, oh hang on we have Andy Driver!:wacko: other than Kingston no attacking midfielder with a bit guile or craft to unlock average defences and obviously no goalscorer.

I could go on but feck it - I was in quite a good mood this morning:rolleyes:

I'm going to stick my neck on the line and say that with the squad we've got, we should be a stick-on for the top six, providing Csaba's a semi-competent manager!

Francis Albert

Agreed. Remember the hysteria and pant-wetting that accompanied the end- of -window day when we brought in four or five players including Beslija. At the end of the day what did all that frenzy amount to?

Agreed. Remember the hysteria and pant-wetting that accompanied the end- of -window day when we brought in four or five players including Beslija. At the end of the day what did all that frenzy amount to?

was is not about 10! Quality better than quantity. First job of the manager is to try and improve the existing stock.

Clerry Jambo
I'm going to stick my neck on the line and say that with the squad we've got, we should be a stick-on for the top six, providing Csaba's a semi-competent manager!

Fair do's mate it's all about opinions and I hope you are right.

I must say that this is the first time in decades that with a new season dawning I have no appetite for it.

But I will trudge along on Saturday cheer the boys on like we all will and hope for the best:)

winston churchill
Have to give the guy a chance FFS. Can't believe he is getting pelters on here already - but maybe I can!

When JJ took us over he took us to the bottom of the league before he turned things around with his own signings, Bruno, Roussett, Fulton etc and getting more out of the youngsters at the time - Locke, Johnston, Ritchie etc.

I appreciate you can't sign players under contract out with the transfer window these days as you could then so maybe there is more a need to get some guys in before the end of August.

However, if we can see an improvement in the first month in the team spirit and the manner the team is playing then that is a start. However, I feel if we are not in the top six by the end of August people will be saying the usual he is just a vlad puppet etc.

Remember JJ start to his managerial career at Hearts before you give Csaba abuse.

you want to give him time before he has kicked a ball:rolleyes:

If we dont sign a striker then we are in trouble.

I dont care how good a manager you have, if you dont have the squad then its going to be an up-hill struggle!

was is not about 10! Quality better than quantity. First job of the manager is to try and improve the existing stock.

Precisely. In fact, his first job should be trying improve the players we have and his second to asses our massive squad and proceed to seperate the wheat from the chaff and cull the dross and get the wage bill in a healthier situation before adding his own new faces in January.

Precisely. In fact, his first job should be trying improve the players we have and his second to asses our massive squad and proceed to seperate the wheat from the chaff and cull the dross and get the wage bill in a healthier situation before adding his own new faces in January.

Problem I think he is going to find is that he wont find much wheat to seperate from the chaff!!

I have to say I have not seen one bad thing about him on here. where did you see this abuse Horse?

Guest Maroon Carpet
If we dont sign a striker then we are in trouble.

I dont care how good a manager you have, if you dont have the squad then its going to be an up-hill struggle!

Only time will tell, it will depend on the results starting from the Motherwell match next Saturday, if we can get a win under our belt from day 1 and build on this then things might not be too bad, let's judge from the start.

you want to give him time before he has kicked a ball:rolleyes:

Thought he was our manager and not player;)

Archived