Solskjaer testimonial

Coco

Went down to this game yesterday.

First time at Old Trafford, great seats, sat 10 yards from Fergie. Fantastic crowd turned up to celebrate Ole who really seems to be one of football's good guys. He is apparently going to put the money towards setting up schools in Africa. The reception he got was fantastic. He still has it by the way - only played 20 minutes but could easily have had 2 goals with tremendous efforts. Could see the benefit in having experienced players as Ole guided Frazer Campbell through the game when he was on the pitch.

Standout player for me though was Paul Scholes. Was great to see Tevez' effort and Giggs movement but I have never seen as good a player as Paul Scholes live. Did have his obligatory daft foul, but his use of the ball, finding space, finding a yard when he got the ball were all absolutely brilliant.

One interesting point was that United's no 28 a guy called Gibson is about as effective as our own! Couldn't believe that he has managed to get into their squad as he didn't look to have anything to his game.

Anyone else go yesterday?

Who were they playing, Coco? and what was the score?

Espanyol. United won 1 nil.

One other point which struck me yesterday was about how hungry for success those players at United are.

Looked at the likes of Giggs and Van der Sar and Scholes warming up before the game. All the titles in the club game between them several times. But they are back for more because they really want more. Think what it must mean for one of the new players coming in - a Nani or Anderson - and to prove themselves to these guys. Can only imagine how the other midfielders at United look up to Scholes. At one point in the game - after about 80 competitive minutes - Giggs lost the ball in the Espanyol box. But rather than standing complaining or pretending to be injured as the 'star' players at Hearts do he burst back and got back and won the ball back in the centre circle. Wonderful combination of respect for the manager and the other players means that they all work so hard. We need to learn these sorts of lessons from the best.

Gigolo-Aunt

Cheers.

Good habits taught from an early age and not allowed to slip. Alex Ferguson has very high standards, when you drop below - you are off.

davemclaren

I was at the Emirates yesterday and saw Real Madrid v Hamburg and Arsenal v. Juventus. I'm surprised that Hamburg won the tournament today.

Great Stadium but the pies were extortionate and getting away from the stadium after the match is a nightmare.... :rolleyes:

I was there yesterday, not long back actually. You werent on my train by any chance, delayed for over an hour?!

Great day out and a good weekend in Manchester :) Just wish Ole's shot had went in the top c!! The atmosphere wasnt great with all those horns every 2 seconds etc.. You should try and get yourself down to a CL game, atmosphere is electric come european night.

Espanyol. United won 1 nil.

One other point which struck me yesterday was about how hungry for success those players at United are.

Looked at the likes of Giggs and Van der Sar and Scholes warming up before the game. All the titles in the club game between them several times. But they are back for more because they really want more. Think what it must mean for one of the new players coming in - a Nani or Anderson - and to prove themselves to these guys. Can only imagine how the other midfielders at United look up to Scholes. At one point in the game - after about 80 competitive minutes - Giggs lost the ball in the Espanyol box. But rather than standing complaining or pretending to be injured as the 'star' players at Hearts do he burst back and got back and won the ball back in the centre circle. Wonderful combination of respect for the manager and the other players means that they all work so hard. We need to learn these sorts of lessons from the best.

Thats basically why I thought M.Stewart was worth a punt. Maybe MUFC take in loads of guys in their first trawl, but just to get that near to Old Trafford means you must have at least a little 'something' I would think ?

The game was on live in Norway so i watched it yesterday. When Ole took that left footed thunderbolt I was praying for it to go in! He was immaculate yesterday and could certainly stillplay (as Giggs pointed out after!)

He was in the studio later (for norwegian telly) looking at highlights. When they asked him his favourite memories he spoke about the euro cup and how much Man U meant to him before almost breaking down! He had to stop speaking several times to compose himself. There was a woman at the next table greeting her eyes out. It would be an understatement to say he is a legend here. The bar was packed and hardly a word was spoken when he was doing his speech on the park at the end.

I cant stand man U but he is certainly some guy. Seriously gifted striker.

20LEGEND. Nuff said!

They had one of those Maroon Platoon ;) style everybody in the stand lift up a card in the North Stand which spelled out 2OLEGEND. Looked absolutely brilliant.

One interesting point was that United's no 28 a guy called Gibson is about as effective as our own! Couldn't believe that he has managed to get into their squad as he didn't look to have anything to his game.

How can you say that based on just one performance?! :wacko:

Darron is a very good player, one who Sir Alex rates very highly down at United, so highly that he believes he has the ability to replace Scholes.

Just watching the friendly against Peterborough, he scored an absolute cracker from 25yds with his 2nd touch less that a minute after coming on.

Went down to this game yesterday.

First time at Old Trafford, great seats, sat 10 yards from Fergie. Fantastic crowd turned up to celebrate Ole who really seems to be one of football's good guys. He is apparently going to put the money towards setting up schools in Africa. The reception he got was fantastic. He still has it by the way - only played 20 minutes but could easily have had 2 goals with tremendous efforts. Could see the benefit in having experienced players as Ole guided Frazer Campbell through the game when he was on the pitch.

Standout player for me though was Paul Scholes. Was great to see Tevez' effort and Giggs movement but I have never seen as good a player as Paul Scholes live. Did have his obligatory daft foul, but his use of the ball, finding space, finding a yard when he got the ball were all absolutely brilliant.

Anyone else go yesterday?

Signed him on loan to Hearts on FM08 and he's awesome!! Scored 16 goals in 25 games.

Pity I decided to not put in a future fee for him at the start of the loan!!

Start of loan worth ?1million, worth now ?5.5million! :(

How can you say that based on just one performance?! :wacko:

Darron is a very good player, one who Sir Alex rates very highly down at United, so highly that he believes he has the ability to replace Scholes.

Just watching the friendly against Peterborough, he scored an absolute cracker from 25yds with his 2nd touch less that a minute after coming on.

It is the only time I've seen him. He played an hour without doing anything right.

We were amazed that he was playing for United. He was that bad I was speculating on whether he was just one of Ole's mates who had been given a game.

Maybe he has been great in other games. But I like Laszlo only need 10 minutes to see if a player is a player. :)

Archived