Too drastic a change? How does this sound?

scott_jambo

scott_jambo

for our first SPL match of the season.

-----------Banks------

Thompson--Berra--Zaliukas--Obua

Palazeulos--Jonsson--Stewart--Driver

---------Kingston------

---------Makela-------

I realise Ksnevicus did well, but i think this is our best available 11.

Ruben on the right? Why?

Playing another winger would cause us to many problems defensively i presume. Although i appreciate he is left footed.

no guarantee obua will get a work permit

rueben on the right? ARE YOU MAD!!

i think a slightly better system to give us width (which i thought we lacked today) and to better accomodate players would be:

--------------banks----------------

thompson---berra---zaliukas---wallace

------stewart--- jonson---rueben---

kingston----------------------- driver

-------------makela----------------

**harsh to drop our audrey, but needs must

scott_jambo
Ruben on the right? Why?

Sorry i forgot to explain why i chose this.

The reasoning is that i want Larry, our most dangerous player, to orchestrate our attacks in the final third.

Pala got an assist today so wanted to keep him on the wing, plus i think he has enough quality to suit both wings just like Driver can.

scott_jambo
no guarantee obua will get a work permit

rueben on the right? ARE YOU MAD!!

i think a slightly better system to give us width (which i thought we lacked today) and to better accomodate players would be:

thompson---berra---zaliukas---wallace

------stewart--- jonson---rueben---

kingston----------------------- driver

-------------makela----------------

**harsh to drop our audrey, but needs must

i think our players need to master a simple 4-4-2 albeit with a support striker, before we tinker it that much in the early part of the season.

i think our players need to master a simple 4-4-2 albeit with a support striker, before we tinker it that much in the early part of the season.

i agree, but 4-4-1-1 isnt a 4-4-2 :P

basically we need to stop fandangoing about and get in a couple of strikers

Charlie-Brown

Depending on which left backs are available then I don't think the team will be massively different to the team that started the game - obviously conditional on what / if any players can be signed prior to the Motherwell match but you've got to think Mole & Ksanavicius are ahead of Makela in Csaba's pecking order.

Depending on which left backs are available then I don't think the team will be massively different to the team that started the game - obviously conditional on what / if any players can be signed prior to the Motherwell match but you've got to think Mole & Ksanavicius are ahead of Makela in Csaba's pecking order.

though makela did 100% more when he came on than mole did

thompson---berra---zali---Obua

------stewart--- jonson---

miko-------Kingston-------- driver

------------makela----------------

Charlie-Brown

There is little chance of Makela starting next week if Mole & Ksanavicius are fit, if we sign a new striker or Glen gets fit again then he's even further down the pecking order.

There is little chance of Makela starting next week if Mole & Ksanavicius are fit, if we sign a new striker or Glen gets fit again then he's even further down the pecking order.

He had a couple of nice wee touches when he came on too. Not long enough to judge tho and i suppose it comes down to what they do day in, day out in training

Karipedis---Zal---berra---Obua

------jonson--- Rubens---

Kingston-- -Stewart----- driver

------------nade----------------

Jambof3tornado

Jamie Mole did some great running and with someone up front beside him would do well,didnt think Juho had time to do very much.

Jamie Mole did some great running and with someone up front beside him would do well,didnt think Juho had time to do very much.

Jamie Mole certainly did some great running in the channels. Unfortunately his first touch wasn't the best and his second touch was a tackle.

He also needs to commit himself with some solidity when he "challenges" in the air. Half-hearted isn't the word. Put your back into it lad or you're wasting your time!

Riddley Walker

surely karipidis instead of zali at the back??

zali's distribution is awful, and berra and kari looked quite decent at times last season...

Ryan Gosling
surely karipidis instead of zali at the back??

zali's distribution is awful, and berra and kari looked quite decent at times last season...

Hi

You appear to have confused Zaliukas with Berra.

for our first SPL match of the season.

-----------Banks------

Thompson--Berra--Zaliukas--Obua

Palazeulos--Jonsson--Stewart--Driver

---------Kingston------

---------Makela-------

I realise Ksnevicus did well, but i think this is our best available 11.

From what i saw of Thompson - he loks ok but not quite ready so it would have to be Neilson

Replace Stewart for miko also

Riddley Walker
Hi

You appear to have confused Zaliukas with Berra.

nope, im pretty sure i didn't....zali is far more of a liability compared with berra

Ryan Gosling
nope, im pretty sure i didn't....zali is far more of a liability compared with berra

You said Zal's distribution was awful.

If you think his is awful, what does that make Berra's?

Riddley Walker
You said Zal's distribution was awful.

If you think his is awful, what does that make Berra's?

you're correct, berra's distribution is also terrible, but i was explaining why i'd rather have kari than zal, as his overall gameplay is a lot better. i'd leave berra in as our "captain fantastic";)

thompson---berra---zali---Obua

------stewart--- jonson---

miko-------Kingston-------- driver

------------makela----------------

Why on earth would you want Miko in any starting line-up the guy is just utter pish.

He was on the park today for about 10 seconds and tried to handle the ball and then he concedes a free kick about 10 seconds after that.

Complete and utter waste of space.

inside right

Yes and he looked up for the game Mole just didn't seem interested.

Riddley Walker
Why on earth would you want Miko in any starting line-up the guy is just utter pish.

He was on the park today for about 10 seconds and tried to handle the ball and then he concedes a free kick about 10 seconds after that.

Complete and utter waste of space.

to be fair to the diving cherry face, towards the end of last season he was one of our best players(not that there was much competition)

I'M IBRAHIM TALL

Thomson at RB purely because even if Robbie is fit he hasnt kicked a ball this pre season so i think Thomson has about a months grace.

I think we will have a new striker by Saturday. Be it a loan or a Kaunus player or even a Ugandan, i think someone new will be in. Whether or not we pair him up with Makela/Mole or play potential new guy up top his self is yet to be seen.

to be fair to the diving cherry face, towards the end of last season he was one of our best players(not that there was much competition)

Still don't agree he was one of our best, he constantly gets on the wrong side of players and tries to make challenges which is why he gives away too many free kicks.

He gets carried away when he beats one man and then tries to beat three or four and inevitably loses the ball.

More often than not he fails to pass the ball to a Hearts player and he shoots when he should pass etc.

There is no doubt he has a bit of pace and he tries hard but for me he will never be a player and should not be in the Hearts side.

Say What Again
i think a slightly better system to give us width (which i thought we lacked today)

Playing 4 central midfielder across the middle tends to do that.

Archived