Stewart and Zaliukas

heartsfc_fan

heartsfc_fan

Two players who were poor last season.

However after a 90 min showing from them today, much improved IMO. Zali looked good alongside Berra and had Windass in his back pocket in the second half.

Stewart put himself about well - he could be a good player for us this season I reckon.

Zali did well today BUT he was playing against a fat 56 year old. Windass will get torn a new one in the premiership. I think that Berra and Zali can get a decent partnership going, they are both young, tall and reasonably quick. I was impressed with the way the defence passed the ball today (although I only saw the 2nd half) especially the boy (I forget his name) who was playing right back. He had a good understanding with Larry.

Stewart obviously has ability (as shown against Rankgers last season and at Hibs) but he is unbelievebly frustrating. For a 26-27 year old he should be far more consistent and passing to his team mates on a more reguar basis! This should be the peak of his career in terms of ability and physical conditioning yet he appears to lose the plot like a daft wee laddie too often and fades out of games as soon as he is riled.

Bindy Badgy

There were a couple of times in 06-07 that I thought Zal was going to tern into a decent SPL level defender. However, last season he was absolutely honking.

If he can get back to the form he showed occasionally during 06-07 he might be worth hanging onto.

Ibrahim Tall

Zals always had the potential to be than capable at this level, but like many the situation off seemed to effect his performances badly.

A good manager that's actually in control will hopefully put him back on that track again.

Stewart was pretty ordinary i thought, looked dangerous at moments but then seconds later he'd overhit an easy 10 yard pass by a mile or just simply pass the ball to a Hull player. Still don't think he's either good enough or consistant enough to be a regular starter.

inside right
Zali did well today BUT he was playing against a fat 56 year old. Windass will get torn a new one in the premiership.

Zaliukas had a reasonable first half but was turned inside out by Windass in the second. Windass even continually outjumped him. Was not until Berra started going man to man against Windass that we got him under control.

Drylaw Hearts
I'd like to see both released.

So would I.

Btw that makes us imposters apparantly.

jamboinglasgow

I was thinking to myself that Zal was looking good today and only once did I feel that he could make a mistake as he passed the ball back to banks when banks was near a few attackers. Stewart was hopeless for me, we would of been better putting Mcgowen in there (in my opinon.)

As for the team

Banks - solid as ever, could easily be our no.1 for another season

Thomson - mixed can be good but not sure if he is our no.1 RB

Zalikus - good and solid, better than last year

Berra - same as Zal

Driver - LB doesn't suit him played ok 2nd half without exceliing

Kingston - man of the match, has the passion and skill he possesed when he first came to hearts

Stewart - not really benefical for the teams at times, passes too long or high for players

Jonsson - had an average game, not his best but not his worst

Ruben - Played fine and good cross for Ksavicous

Ksnavicous(bad at spelling) - Looked like he had some of the skill he had against Barca but lost the ball too often

Mole - not suited for the one striker but could work well alongside a goal scoring striker

subs

Brown - looks great, hard tackling and good passing. Think he will be a great future player

Karipidas - didn't do anything wrong in midfield

Miko - average but still thinks tackling is running into player at high speed

Makela - did not do much

Kestitus - Hearts Evander Sno, plays many posistions but not great at any, but did nothing wrong at RB

Wallace - at times had a bit of pace and held ball well but not on long enough to fully judge

Cesnaukus - not on long enough to judge.

Only a Game
I'd like to see both released.

Not before we've signed better 1st picks in their positions I hope

davemclaren
Not before we've signed better 1st picks in their positions I hope

Exactly. Zali makes me nervous and Stewie seems to have too much angst but we don't have many players at present. :P

I have always liked Zal.

Very compitent CB

Regardless of what some imposters say on here.

:rolleyes:

Have to agree with that.

Ray Winstone

What does Michael Stewart add to the team?

All he does is run about and 'harri' opposing players.

He cant pass

He cant tackle

He cant make bursting runs forward

He cant beat an opposing player

Today was a perfect example of how inaffective a player he is.

He adds absolutely nothing to the dynamic of the team and should not have been allowed to stay on.

Jam Tarts 1874

I hate Stewart. He reminds me of an imposter I was unlucky enough to be in the same team as many years ago. Everybody hated him, just as I'm sure all the Hearts' players hate Stewart, he brings everybody around him down with his constant berating of everyone around him to try and cover up for his own shortcomings.

Stewart's passing is shockingly bad and once again against Hull he was moaning at his team-mates for not being on the end of his wayward passing. The worst barracking he gave out yesterday was after he received a pass in the centre circle (from Jonsson I think), Stewart was dis-possessed due to his own lack of composure and skill, he then started shouting that he didn't want to receive a pass there - errr midfielder not wanting to receive a pass in midfield? Frail had the right idea with Stewart - he dropped him and we looked better without him.

Zaliukas is a solid centre-back and does a good job, always did, I was surprised at how much criticism he received last season. I suppose some "fans" find it easy to turn on the Lithuanians when things are not going well.

Drylaw Hearts
I hate Stewart. He reminds me of an imposter I was unlucky enough to be in the same team as many years ago. Everybody hated him, just as I'm sure all the Hearts' players hate Stewart, he brings everybody around him down with his constant berating of everyone around him to try and cover up for his own shortcomings.

Stewart's passing is shockingly bad and once again against Hull he was moaning at his team-mates for not being on the end of his wayward passing. The worst barracking he gave out yesterday was after he received a pass in the centre circle (from Jonsson I think), Stewart was dis-possessed due to his own lack of composure and skill, he then started shouting that he didn't want to receive a pass there - errr midfielder not wanting to receive a pass in midfield? Frail had the right idea with Stewart - he dropped him and we looked better without him.

Zaliukas is a solid centre-back and does a good job, always did, I was surprised at how much criticism he received last season. I suppose some "fans" find it easy to turn on the Lithuanians when things are not going well.

Zaliukas received criticism because he was horrrific last season.

Not because he's Lithuanian.

It may be because he's Lithuanian you think he's better than what he actually is.

Dr. Bapswent
I'll give Stewart credit when he completes a pass.

Zal did well. No brain farts today.

I agree with that.

Zal was fine today.

Stewart still wants to run the show, but lacks the ability or sense to keep the head and make the simple things happen.

Both players had very good starts last season.Both went off form about the same time and were not the same.Zal is the only one that i think that can recover his best form.Surprised that Hearts took the option of keeping on Stewart.

Can you possibly describe a player as 'horrific' :wacko:

Zal certainly had some high profile blunders ( ala Titus Bramble :P ) but I still think there is a player in there. Now as for Stewart.........hmm I liked him at first but I'm beginning to have my doubts now. Maybe Csaba can bring the both of them on though

I'd really like to see Stewart as one of the mainstays in our midfield.

But I've yet to see him win a 60/40 tackle, never mind a 50/50

I've yet to see him retain the ball with a bit of consistent composure and pass it to a colleague.

I've yet to see him do anything really that would warrant his place in the team.

...........and I like the guy !!

God knows what the Stewart detractors think.

Interstingly the summarisers, who have played the game at a high level, rated Stewart yesterday,

IMHO he was at the Heart of most of our good play. Yes he made mistakes, but he also linked the play well at times, e.g. the move when Kasnevicious should have scored.

But then again, there's a history of players at Hearts who once they become the whipping boy the fans never let up!!!

He cant pass

He cant tackle

He adds absolutely nothing to the dynamic of the team and should not have been allowed to stay on.

You forgot moaning at other players as well.

Some of ideas were correct but he just doesn't have the ability to pull them off. How many times did he try to find a Hearts player but ended up putting it out of play.

If we don't bring in a midfielder before Motherwell I would start with a diamond:

Eggert in front of the defence.

Ruben and Driver as the middle two.

Kingston behind two strikers.

Or 4-2-3-1:

Eggert and Ruben as the two.

Kingstong and Driver in the wide positions and Ksana in behind.

Boab Mugabe

He cant pass

He cant tackle

He was gash the first time round. Quite why we brought him back for a second time when we've seen what he offers... :confused:

Let's not forget his shocking set piece delivery too.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

Correct, during the game me and my mate were talking about his inability to pass to a team-mate, and my mate said that he never loses confidence though, no matter how many times he does it. My reply was that's because he genuinely doesn't ever believe it's his fault!

Two players who were poor last season.

However after a 90 min showing from them today, much improved IMO. Zali looked good alongside Berra and had Windass in his back pocket in the second half.

Stewart put himself about well - he could be a good player for us this season I reckon.

Stewart always starts with a fresh enthusiastic approach but it never lasts. The jury is out on Zal. The squad in general was not good enough last season and has not been improved. New full backs, a goalscoring midfielder and two strikers are required if Hearts are to compete for a European place.

Big time!

Did Stewart complete a pass?? I don't think so. He gets into good positions and people tend to run off him, but his passing is BRUTAL. BRUTAL is the word for it.

Can he just not pass a ball? Is that why he is here as opposed to at Man United?

But we all know his next Titus Bramble moment is only a matter of time.....

Sadly the same quote goes for Karapidis as well.

Archived