Phil Brown. EXCUSES!

scott_jambo

scott_jambo

He says that because Hull were playing in a different country and so the game was more 'physical' and 'aggressive'...

Ehh, newsflash Philly, your players are a bunch of thugs. Boeteng, Dawson, Ashbee and Windass to name a few!

Miko was our biggest phyiscal threat with his ridiculous tackles today ffs!

Csaba is annoyed with a good Hearts performance and this boy is quite happy with an under par performance. Fair enough...

How physical and aggressive does he think the premiership will be? come to think off it the Championship is one off the dirtiest leagues ive seen. what a tanned fud.

Mac_fae_Gillie

my biggest worry at half time was the injuries we would pick up,Hull were dirty B'ds after we scored and worse anytime we did some good passing move,reminded me of Hearts last year..yep not a season to be proud of.

Better to come by the look of today.

Hull City were always going to be rank.

I had a wee discussion with a nice English gentleman on here recently about the respective merits of the Championship compared to the SPL, and what I saw today enforced my view and in fact made me think I was giving them more credit than I should have.

Poor, poor side that will be automatically relegated.

shaun.lawson
Hull City were always going to be rank.

I had a wee discussion with a nice English gentleman on here recently about the respective merits of the Championship compared to the SPL, and what I saw today enforced my view and in fact made me think I was giving them more credit than I should have.

Poor, poor side that will be automatically relegated.

Now, which English gentleman might that be? :biggrin:

The funny thing about that discussion was I actually acknowledged throughout how unbelievably rank last season's Championship was: I've never known it so bad. Hull, meanwhile, struck me as a natural mid-table side who just hit a purple patch in the second half of the season: they haven't a prayer of staying up, but the gap between the two divisions is monstrously hard to bridge now, and I still expect them to win friends this year, rather like Barnsley did in their season in the top flight 11 years ago. Hull are a great old club, who went through some terribly tough times not so long ago: I'm delighted to see them up there at last, even though it clearly won't be for long.

And the thing is, we only beat them 1-0 - at Tynecastle. What would the result have been had the game been at the KC? Which hardly suggests we're much kop either: yet many are now justifiably talking about us being in the European shake-up this season, mainly because the competition isn't up to very much. And sorry, but that all suggests the SPL to be pretty rank as well! Look at it this way: West Brom made astonishingly heavy weather of winning the Championship, yet I think they'd have ****ed 3rd place up here, and this season, would pose a serious threat to Rangers in 2nd as well. And mark my words: they'll stay up.

The funny thing about that discussion was I actually acknowledged throughout how unbelievably rank last season's Championship was: I've never known it so bad. Hull, meanwhile, struck me as a natural mid-table side who just hit a purple patch in the second half of the season: they haven't a prayer of staying up, but the gap between the two divisions is monstrously hard to bridge now, and I still expect them to win friends this year, rather like Barnsley did in their season in the top flight 11 years ago. Hull are a great old club, who went through some terribly tough times not so long ago: I'm delighted to see them up there at last, even though it clearly won't be for long.

And the thing is, we only beat them 1-0 - at Tynecastle. What would the result have been had the game been at the KC? Which hardly suggests we're much kop either: yet many are now justifiably talking about us being in the European shake-up this season, mainly because the competition isn't up to very much. And sorry, but that all suggests the SPL to be pretty rank as well! Look at it this way: West Brom made astonishingly heavy weather of winning the Championship, yet I think they'd have ****ed 3rd place up here, and this season, would pose a serious threat to Rangers in 2nd as well. And mark my words: they'll stay up.

I was waiting for you to see this! :)

I would say that the 1-0 (albeit a friendly) flattered Hull. A poor, poor side that only had Geovanni as a player that we would like at Tynecastle.

As for the emboldened statement, I will assume you have been on the bevvy?:eek:

Benny Factor

Shaun, that's been the case for the last couple of seasons.

How many times over that period has a team beaten us having played terribly? The whole SPL is a joke when it comes to quality.

I left the 4-0 defeat to Rangers last season astounded at getting beaten by that score-line from a team as bad as that(we were bad, very bad that night, but they were not much better).

shaun.lawson
I was waiting for you to see this! :)

I would say that the 1-0 (albeit a friendly) flattered Hull. A poor, poor side that only had Geovanni as a player that we would like at Tynecastle.

As for the emboldened statement, I will assume you have been on the bevvy?:eek:

No, not Hull BH - West Brom! Hull'll finish 19th or 20th: if you think they were bad, wait til you see Joke ****ty!

No, not Hull BH - West Brom! Hull'll finish 19th or 20th: if you think they were bad, wait til you see Joke ****ty!

Hehehe!

I skimmed your post, did you catch me out? :)

shaun.lawson
Hehehe!

I skimmed your post, did you catch me out? :)

It's only what 99% of people do on here with my posts, I suspect - can hardly blame them really! :)

Miller Jambo 60
How physical and aggressive does he think the premiership will be? come to think off it the Championship is one off the dirtiest leagues ive seen. what a tanned fud.

Looked a bit skinney and camp.

we stuffed them

I think Phil has done a fantastic job to get Hull into the Premiership.

But some of his signings are not going to hack it. It is almost a mirror image of Aidy Boothroyd and Watford.

shaun.lawson
Shaun, that's been the case for the last couple of seasons.

How many times over that period has a team beaten us having played terribly? The whole SPL is a joke when it comes to quality.

I left the 4-0 defeat to Rangers last season astounded at getting beaten by that score-line from a team as bad as that(we were bad, very bad that night, but they were not much better).

Absolutely, mate. It does all come down to money, though. As a result, non-OF sides are unable to keep their best players for very long, before they leave either for Glasgow or the Championship, to clubs paying much bigger wages, and the teams that brought them through have to start again from scratch.

If I were to rank all the non-OF sides since the SPL was formed a decade ago, Hearts 05/6 would be way out in front. Then would come Hibs 00/1, a fair bit ahead of Levein's Hearts of 02-4, who'd in turn be slightly ahead of Hibs 04/5 and Motherwell 07/8 (albeit the latter two played much more ambitious football). But our boys of 2006 were assembled by paying way over the odds on wages, and so, to a lesser extent, were Hibs in 2001 - and even under Levein, our debt rose rapidly! There's just no money in the Scottish game at all, so not only is it very difficult to reach that high a standard, but very often, it can be incredibly dangerous to even attempt to do so.

shaun.lawson
I think Phil has done a fantastic job to get Hull into the Premiership.

But some of his signings are not going to hack it. It is almost a mirror image of Aidy Boothroyd and Watford.

It's odd. Allardyce's Bolton and O'Neill's Leicester showed you can be direct and physical and survive in the EPL: even prosper. But only with players of a certain level - and unless you have a sugardaddy or rich consortium behind you, any promoted club are basically stuffed, because the players necessary for survival just won't come.

That Sunderland found staying up so difficult last year despite spending so much was very, very troubling for all of us stuck in the Championship: I can't blame either Phil Brown or Tiny Penis for making the signings they have, but they're swimming against the tide, and barring miracles, will find it much too strong for them.

How many points did Derby get last season? I can see Hull getting 8 if they are lucky - 1 flukey win and 5 draws out of 38 seems fair.

Brown will get sacked for not keeping up a tam kite team, and they'll bring in someone else who can't keep them up.

Unbelievably mind. It's amazing that a playoff team can't survive in the Premiership by spending ?3 million.

:whistling:

Crazy when you think how much cash they have spent to still look ****.Windass at nearly 40 is still the biggest threat.

And the thing is, we only beat them 1-0 - at Tynecastle. What would the result have been had the game been at the KC?

Possibly 0-1 as it was when we beat them there two years ago.:wacko:

I agree with your comments about West Brom though. I think they'll get the odd tanking but they score goals so will also win a few and I think that will keep them up.

Archived