All maroon strip

heartgarfunkel

heartgarfunkel

Don't like it. White shorts please. Black socks with maroon and white top in tribute to the 1914 team would be a nice gesture.

scott_jambo
Don't like it. White shorts please. Black socks with maroon and white top in tribute to the 1914 team would be a nice gesture.

Deal with it.

alwaysthereinspirit

Love the maroon shorts but not with the maroon home shirt. White shorts every time for me.

heartgarfunkel
Deal with it.

Ooh, I'll try - just for you love. Been watching the Hearts for years and we've always had white shorts. I personally prefer them to an all maroon kit.

Ooh, I'll try - just for you love. Been watching the Hearts for years and we've always had white shorts. I personally prefer them to an all maroon kit.

Dry your eyes :laugh:

heartgarfunkel
Use them all up looking at a picture of the white shorts? :P

My Fashanu pics - how you know?:cheese:

scott_jambo

That might make you special in some situations in your life, but not on JKB.

Why dont you go and watch Hibs, there wearing white shorts this year.

Bring on the maroon!

heartgarfunkel
That might make you special in some situations in your life, but not on JKB.

Why dont you go and watch Hibs, there wearing white shorts this year.

Bring on the maroon!

OK Boss, I'll become a Hibby. Great suggestion.

Don't bother - they're wearing all green this season.

Rangers maybe ? Sure they've got white shorts.

scott_jambo

You clearly support the wrong club if you hate the colour maroon.

Maybe Leeds would suit you? Im trying to help you out with suggestions here.

heartgarfunkel
You clearly support the wrong club if you hate the colour maroon.

Maybe Leeds would suit you? Im trying to help you out with suggestions here.

I'm going to try and help you. Read carefully. Where did I say I hate the colour maroon? I love the colour maroon, naturally enough for a Jambo. I like eating beetroot. I just don't like maroon shorts with the lovely maroon home top. They look fantastic with a white/grey/candystripe away top. Our traditional colours are maroon and white. I must be a traditionalist when it comes to Hearts home kits.

scott_jambo
I'm going to try and help you. Read carefully. Where did I say I hate the colour maroon? I love the colour maroon, naturally enough for a Jambo. I like eating beetroot. I just don't like maroon shorts with the lovely maroon home top. They look fantastic with a white/grey/candystripe away top. Our traditional colours are maroon and white. I must be a traditionalist when it comes to Hearts home kits.

Not the word i would use.

If you only like maroon a wee bit, how about West Ham?

heartgarfunkel
Don't bother - they're wearing all green this season.

Rangers maybe ? Sure they've got white shorts.

Were they not wearing blue shorts when Kaunas played them the other night? Ah well:confused:

Some right nippy people on KB today. The OP posts about not liking the new strip and apart from a reply from Rossi which was funny, all he gets is vitriol. Some people in need of their naggins methinks.

rudi must stay

quite like it, makes us look a wee bit more intimidating imo. Like the top as well but not really sure if i like the back of it with the design though, they maybe should have just left it plain

gowestjambo
Some right nippy people on KB today. The OP posts about not liking the new strip and apart from a reply from Rossi which was funny, all he gets is vitriol. Some people in need of their naggins methinks.

Couldnt agree more, christ what a crime!! imagine suggesting white shorts after all! You would think they were our traditional colours!

For what it's worth, I also without question prefer white shorts to compliment the maroon top...........

I didn't think all maroon looked not that bad. Or looked not that bad on 06 teams. But our colours are maroon shirts with white shorts.

Isaac Begbie

Spot on, the abuse directed at the OP is a bit OTT. He has stated his opinion and his preference thats all.

IMO i'd much rather we had white shorts too, i prefer them and those the traditional Hearts colours. And no, i dont fancy supporting the hobos, huns or anyone else before that ridiculous sort of suggestion us aimed at me!! :confused:

gorgie rd eh11

I like white shorts or maroon shorts, doesn't really matter.

What i would like changed is making sure the maroon is maroon. The laddies playing at half time had a better maroon colour to their strip than the official strip.

heartgarfunkel
Love them, we've won the cup wearing them in our last two finals.

that's a fair point!:107years:

gowestjambo
Love them, we've won the cup wearing them in our last two finals.

OK maroon shorts are the common denominator..(White top in 1998) so lets keep them for cup finals............

No, it would be pseudo-sentimental and cheesey. Not to mention completely unsubtle.

heartgarfunkel
No, it would be pseudo-sentimental and cheesey. Not to mention completely unsubtle.

Respect your opinion neave, but it would be purely sentimental, not pseudo - we are a club that holds great regard for our illustrious past. The HMFC input into the Contalmaison memorial bears witness to this.

Respect your opinion neave, but it would be purely sentimental, not pseudo - we are a club that holds great regard for our illustrious past. The HMFC input into the Contalmaison memorial bears witness to this.

I hope we're not still as fixated by the 1914 team in 100 years as we are today. Let's move on.

quite like it, makes us look a wee bit more intimidating imo. Like the top as well but not really sure if i like the back of it with the design though, they maybe should have just left it plain

i love that design on the back only thing annoying about it is that the huns have the same thing on th back of theirs!!!! arg!!

not bothered between maroon or white shorts. i watch the footie not the fashions

Only a Game
I like it.

Always have done.

More importantly the players like it.

Anyone got stats for our recent performances whilst wearing all maroon ?

This is encourageing, arguing over the strip - things are looking up!

Oh god is it May yet..:)

Its the played inside the strip that counts not the colour

heartgarfunkel
I hope we're not still as fixated by the 1914 team in 100 years as we are today. Let's move on.

:confused:

Francis Albert

For me Hearts colours are marron shirts and white shorts. It surprises me that CPR got so much stick for minor cosmetic improvements to the badge but a much more significant change with tradition raises barely a murmur - and the murmurer gets shot at!

Oh god is it May yet..:)

Its the played inside the strip that counts not the colour

Which is very true but one of the biggest debates about Hearts over the last two seasons is keeping it`s identity!

I`m not making a big deal over the colour of a pair of shorts but i do like the white myself, compliments the maroon better.

The thing is too, my mental image of Hearts when i was growing up was watching Hearts zip about the field in their elegant maroon tops and white shorts.

It`s just a traditional thing for me too. It may be small in the grand scheme of things but it`s part of Hearts make -up.

Do you ever think you`ll see Celtic changing to green shorts or Rangers to Blue as their first choice?

KEEP IT WHITE!!!!!;)

davemclaren
Which is very true but one of the biggest debates about Hearts over the last two seasons is keeping it`s identity!

I`m not making a big deal over the colour of a pair of shorts but i do like the white myself, compliments the maroon better.

The thing is too, my mental image of Hearts when i was growing up was watching Hearts zip about the field in their elegant maroon tops and white shorts.

It`s just a traditional thing for me too. It may be small in the grand scheme of things but it`s part of Hearts make -up.

Do you ever think you`ll see Celtic changing to green shorts or Rangers to Blue as their first choice?

KEEP IT WHITE!!!!!;)

I rue the day we gave up playing in long trousers. :whistling:

Pants Shaton

If we want to be 'traditional' then we should start playing in all white with a large maroon heart shaped badge.

Archived