Football Manager 2009 - Your chance to be involved with Hearts...well maybe

JamboLad

So some people know I do the Football Manager research for SI games for Hearts.

This is this years guidelines for FM09 in the SPL

Positions 1-2 (Rangers and Celtic)

First Team: 124-145

Reserves: 100-119

Bracket 2 (Dundee United, Motherwell, Aberdeen)

First Team: 105-119

Reserves:90-104

Bracket 3: (Falkirk, Hearts, Hibs)

First Team: 100-115

Reserves: 88-99

Bracket 4: (Inverness, St Mirren, Kilmarnock, Hamilton)

First Team: 95-110

Reserves: 80-94

The files are being started at the moment but what Im looking for is just some people's views on players and how good they should be.

And anything els you wish to contribute, not I will take everyones views into account but at the end of the day I have the final say on players ratings.

The top 20 Hearts players are as follows

1. Kingston, Laryea (130)

2. Berra, Christophe (122)

3. Banks, Steve (115)

4. Jonsson, Eggert (115)

5. Driver, Andrew (113)

6. Karypidis, Christos (110)

7. Rub?n Palazuelos (110)

8. Wallace, Lee (110)

9. Glen, Gary (108)

10. Gon?alves, Jos? (106)

11. Nad?, Christian (106)

12. Neilson, Robbie (106)

13. Basso, Anthony (105)

14. Bruno Aguiar (105)

15. MacDonald, Jamie (105)

16. Stewart, Michael (105)

17. McGowan, Ryan (100)

18. Mole, Jamie (100)

19. Elliot, Calum (98)

20. Thomson, Jason (94)

Obviously Jose is offski but he is still in the file at the moment.

this is the top 20 Potential ability's at the moment

1. Rapnik, Matej (165)

2. Berra, Christophe (155)

3. Driver, Andrew (155)

4. Jonsson, Eggert (155)

5. Brown, Jonathan (145)

6. Copil, Dimitriu (145)

7. Glen, Gary (145)

8. Kingston, Laryea (145)

9. McGowan, Dylan (145)

10. McGowan, Ryan (145)

11. Robinson, Scott (145)

12. Rub?n Palazuelos (145)

13. Gon?alves, Jos? (140)

14. Nad?, Christian (140)

15. Wallace, Lee (140)

16. Elliot, Calum (135)

17. Mole, Jamie (135)

18. MacDonald, Jamie (130)

19. Basso, Anthony (125)

20. Husband, Stephen (125)

These are not set as the young players have a minus potential which is a range which works as follows

- Please note that giving the minus ratings does still not ensure they will reach somewhere in the potential range (i.e. giving ?10 does not mean the non-player will definitely reach a potential between 170 and 200) as this will depend on circumstances and a random factor.

-10 = 170-200

-9 - 150-180

-8 - 130-160

-7 - 110-140

-6 - 90-120

-5 - 70-100

-4 - 50-80

-3 - 30-60

-2 - 10-40

-1 - 0-20

There should be more to come really just seeing what the general feel is like for people contributing here.

Views please :D

p.s. - Mods could you sticky this is it gets a decent response

Rick Grimes

one thing i've noticed the DB in previous years is that lots of the Hearts youngsters are as low as -5, whereas most other SPL teams are -6 lowest. the OF have loads of even higher rated youngsters which doesn't seem to match the career path of a lot of scottish players.

I've only been doing it since half way through FM07 so FM08 was totally me.

I cant really talk about other clubs as I only really have a say with Hearts but I will take it on board. The main thing is getting Hearts spot on rather than moan about other clubs. The young has been vastly improved since i took over I have had to add alot of players and Hearts youth are one of the best lot in the SPL.

If Obua signs he will become the 3rd best Hearts player

On a side note and a bit of fun

Who do you all think should be on the like and dislike list and out of 20 what rating would you like to see them have?

Hearts of Vladland
I've only been doing it since half way through FM07 so FM08 was totally me.

I cant really talk about other clubs as I only really have a say with Hearts but I will take it on board. The main thing is getting Hearts spot on rather than moan about other clubs. The young has been vastly improved since i took over I have had to add alot of players and Hearts youth are one of the best lot in the SPL.

Is this why Pinilla was good in 08. :P

Regular John

For me, Ruben, Driver and Karypidis (sp?) would all be above Jonsson.

The boy is hideously overrated on here and it would seem on FM.

Is this why Pinilla was good in 08. :P

Unfortunately I never got to do Pinilla ;)

Because he was never in the Hearts file for long this summer was the first time I had him there and then he ****s off.

Gutted :(

Dunno if you do this bit but one thing that always gets me is say 10 years down the line with hearts haing 100M in the bank but Romanov/ now Fedotovas still sell players over your head, sometimes for less than they were bought for.

Thats not something I have much control over as its just the game.

I have tinkered with the interference that Romanov has seeing as he has less in real life atm but I think as a whole FM09 will be harder to get clubs rich as its pretty unrealistic.

Can u not put us into bracket 2 ;-) I always feel Hearts are a pretty poor SPL team in FM. Or put all of their rating up 5 or so ;-) I do think maybe Nades potential could be a bit higher as I believe he has good potential. Maybe make Palazuelos a bit better and surely Nade, Stewart and Jose are better than Robbie. Anyway seems pretty accurate and good luck!

Because the stadium is not been accepted it wont be in the game until we have all the planning permission.

I think we should be in bracket 2 but its not up to me :(

I push players up a bit who I think are better and if we still had Pinilla he would obviously be a superstar

I can't believe that on FM08 we have a lower reputation than Hibs. I haven't played it for a while but I'm pretty sure that we somehow have the same reputation as Motherwell. :confused: How the hell do they work out that?

HMFCjamieHMFC

Yeah Glen's PA should be higher but his CA is about right. Also maybe make Larry's PA a bit higher

Older players do not have high PA's

will Larry actually get much better in his career at his age?

Glen's PA is -8 atm which gives him a 130 - 160 PA, 150 would make him a pretty good EPL player.

It could well get upped to -9 though before the start of the game.

How comes Thomson rating is lower than McGowans? Just with Thomson having more 1st team experience. Also noticed he wasn't in the potential bracket aswell.

loveofthegame

Out of interest when's FM2009 out?!

And what exactly does the fact we're in the 3rd bracket mean?! Does it mean it'll be harder to attract decent players?! And/or does it make it harder to turn Hearts into a successful side?!

Out of interest when's FM2009 out?!

And what exactly does the fact we're in the 3rd bracket mean?! Does it mean it'll be harder to attract decent players?! And/or does it make it harder to turn Hearts into a successful side?!

It just means our players are in a the lower bracket of how good they are.

No idea when it is out.

Thomson is lower than McGowan as I think McGowan has more ability.

1. Rapnik, Matej (165)

2. Berra, Christophe (155)

3. Driver, Andrew (155)

4. Jonsson, Eggert (155)

I thought young Scottish players were caped at 145? Or do SI now allow any auld PA nowadays?

I thought young Scottish players were caped at 145? Or do SI now allow any auld PA nowadays?

There is no cap, never has been since I have been doing it. If a player has ability it will be shown in the game...

There is no cap, never has been since I have been doing it. If a player has ability it will be shown in the game...

They used to be quite strict about this and there was no way they'd allow a -9 Scottish youngster. They used to limit them to -7's or 8's. However, that said, Richey used to get away with murder when he did the Hobos. it will be interesting to see how Hibs fair this year as I think Richey no longer does the research.

Malcolm Tucker

First off, it's Karipidis not Karypidis ;)

Other than it looks pretty spot on bud, maybe slightly higher PA for Glen and R. McGowan.

They used to be quite strict about this and there was no way they'd allow a -9 Scottish youngster. They used to limit them to -7's or 8's. However, that said, Richey used to get away with murder when he did the Hobos. it will be interesting to see how Hibs fair this year as I think Richey no longer does the research.

Richey still does Hibs

I'm fairly positive he quit this year. I also remember them advertising for a new Hibs researcher.

He is definitely still doing it

Might be for next year then as they were definitely advertising for a new Hibs researcher. I assume there's still only one researcher per team with a head researcher in overall charge?

Richey was late in getting back to the Head researcher about doing it but he is still doing it.

Celtic have a few people who do their research and the rest have one per team with a Head researcher and assistant head researcher.

I may just be clueless but what do the numbers in the bracets represent and what does:

represent?

I may just be clueless but what do the numbers in the bracets represent and what does:

represent?

That is the Current Ability bracket that most Hearts players will fall under. Its out of 200

With Obua signing it makes us a wee bnit better for 09 seeing as he will waltz in as the 3rd best player at Hearts behind Berra and Larry.

Mon another couple of good signings for FM reasons!

jamboinglasgow

three things, Basso's potential abilty a bit high for a player in his late twenty's.

2) I am sure Dylan is a better footballer than Ryan (thats not saying Ryan is a great footballer) could it be possible to make Dylan 150 to Ryan's 145.

3)What about Roco Visconte, what is his PA?

The McGowans both have a -8 potential which means it varies between 130-160 in different games. Think Rocco is a -8 or a -7 I cant remember.

jamboinglasgow
The McGowans both have a -8 potential which means it varies between 130-160 in different games. Think Rocco is a -8 or a -7 I cant remember.

ok cheers

Archived