A Blue/yellow Helicopter,is it police?

Walter Bishop

conn artist
Been circling round my street for a good half hour now, doing my tats in!!!!!

pretty sure it is, i live near where they take off and land in glasgow so see them all the time. the spotlights on the front are so powerful at night, they where follwing some wee neds with spotlight on the past the flat one time. it was like something out of a movie.

Walter Bishop
If you live in any part of Scotland apart from Strathclyde it wont be the police.

livingston?? has a big camera? on the front of it.

livingston?? has a big camera? on the front of it.

My guess is that it's for telly then. I'm sure polis helicopters are just typical police colours.

Or mibbe it's some rich dude surveying the area in style :D

Boaby Ewing
My guess is that it's for telly then. I'm sure polis helicopters are just typical police colours.

Or mibbe it's some rich dude surveying the area in style :D

Aye, almost certainly some Russian oligarch looking to buy a wee semi-detached in Livi.

Aye, almost certainly some Russian oligarch looking to buy a wee semi-detached in Livi.

Have you never watched 'Downsize Me' on Channel 5, Dave? Happens all the time.

Modesty is all the rage this year.

The latest Strathclyde Police helicopter to take to the air is the state-of-the-art Euro-copter (EC)135T2+.

The EC135T2+ is the most advanced police helicopter in the world. It has all the functions of our previous Euro-copter plus a digital downlink facility, night vision capability and upgraded engines with increased endurance.

The crew are delighted with the new aircraft.

The colour scheme used on all police helicopters throughout the UK is dark blue and yellow.

After extensive research by the Police Science and Development Branch (St Albans) and the Defence Research Establishment (Farnborough), it was decided that this ‘WASP’ colour scheme was most effective in reducing the risk of mid-air collisions with low-flying military aircraft.

Experience has shown that making the aircraft more visible in the air increases public awareness and reassurance, while serving as a clear warning to wrongdoers.

http://www.strathclyde.police.uk/index.asp?locID=107&docID=-1

Miller Jambo 60
The latest Strathclyde Police helicopter to take to the air is the state-of-the-art Euro-copter (EC)135T2+.

The EC135T2+ is the most advanced police helicopter in the world. It has all the functions of our previous Euro-copter plus a digital downlink facility, night vision capability and upgraded engines with increased endurance.

The crew are delighted with the new aircraft.

The colour scheme used on all police helicopters throughout the UK is dark blue and yellow.

After extensive research by the Police Science and Development Branch (St Albans) and the Defence Research Establishment (Farnborough), it was decided that this ?WASP? colour scheme was most effective in reducing the risk of mid-air collisions with low-flying military aircraft.

Experience has shown that making the aircraft more visible in the air increases public awareness and reassurance, while serving as a clear warning to wrongdoers.

http://www.strathclyde.police.uk/index.asp?locID=107&docID=-1

Good one Ted ,a right wee mind of information:)

Archived