Refs looking fur a grand!!!!!!!

Clerry Jambo

Scottish refs looking for ?1,000 a match - they must be avin a laff:eek:

http://scotzine.com/blog/?p=730

IMHO ?1000 a match could possibly be justified for the SPL if they were fair, consistent and good at their jobs. Based on what I witnessed last season none of them seem to meet any of those criteria.

That kind of money could only be paid out for a professional ref, not just a guy who turned up on Saturday with a 9-5 on weekdays. With pro refs the game would benefit massively and we'd lose idiots like Brines and such, get folk willing to make it a career.

chester copperpot

?1000 a game isn't much for the OF to get the decisions again.

Especially against Dundee Utd. ;)

?1.000 a game, you are having a laugh, for a part time job! Who pays the ?1,000, should be all paid by the OF, after all they are the major benefactors.

For that sort of money you should be looking at measurement criteria for performance.

For taht sort ofmoney you'll get a lot more refs, for sure.

joe.gausden

Must be to fund their double lifes (ie; McCurry and the sunday school teacher)

Why ask for a rise. All they have to do is keep booking / send of hearts players for nothing and they get their money at end of season. Easy money as i see it. just keep doubling the fine for us each season. would be upto ?80k next season i think , the way they're going on.

Their big orange lodge/stained glass windows (delete as appropriate) must be needing some renovation work

Pwicks!

Captain Canada

They should have performance related pay and based on last season they would get about ?50 a match each. If they're prepared to go professional and improve the standard then I'd have no problem with it but if they're wanting a grand a week on top of their other jobs then they can whistle for it! Boom boom!

Jambof3tornado
They should have performance related pay and based on last season they would get about ?50 a match each. If they're prepared to go professional and improve the standard then I'd have no problem with it but if they're wanting a grand a week on top of their other jobs then they can whistle for it! Boom boom!

They'd have to pay everyone in the ground you mean!!!

Given most of the referees are professional people earning large salaries outwith football, I think you'd have to pay them a lot more than 50k a year if they were professional.

Given the salaries some players are on and the high profile nature of a referee's role and the fact without them there would be no game, 1k a week is a fair amount. That said, they should have it incrementally reduced when they have a howler.

That way we'd be paying them about a tenner.

sandylejambo
Given most of the referees are professional people earning large salaries outwith football, I think you'd have to pay them a lot more than 50k a year if they were professional.

QUOTE]

i've said before, give the ex footballers a wage for doing the refs job instead of letting them be painters or taxi drivers and not only will you get fairer and fitter refs, you will also get guy's who know the games divers and cheaters, fast track them i say and get rid of this bunch of part time accountants who would'nt know a dive if it was over them

Given the salaries some players are on and the high profile nature of a referee's role and the fact without them there would be no game, 1k a week is a fair amount. That said, they should have it incrementally reduced when they have a howler.

That way we'd be paying them about a tenner.

It's a ?1000 a match.

Having former players as refs would be an utter disaster. How many accusations of bias would there be. It would be a disaster.

Having former players as refs would be an utter disaster. How many accusations of bias would there be. It would be a disaster.

Yes, imagine in ten years time and we are playing a match, and us winning has an adverse affect on Rangers, and who is refereeing our match, a certain Ned Ferguson.

loveofthegame

I wish i had the bottle to ask for a grand for total ineptness in my side job. Although the boss would probably laugh me out of his room. Hopefully whoevers in charge of this decision will do the same.

Miller Jambo 60

Aye imagine Andy Walker doing a Hearts Celtic game.:eek::eek:

Archived