Paul Hartley- He's so slow

Lossiejambo

Lossiejambo

I am just watching Tottenham v Celtic.

Hartley is having a nightmare.

Just gifted a goal to Darren Bent and keeps getting caught in possession.

Hartley was a first class player for us but i think we sold him just at the right time.

What do you think?:)

Five to One

Could still put a shift in last season especially for Scotland, but I agree that unless it's poor early season fitness I'd say his legs have gone.

Hartley's best position was always as an attacking midfielder.

He could time his runs perfectly into the box depending on how the play developed. Didn't have to be particularly fast to do this, just had to be clever with his runs.

Unfortunately, Vlad, or whoever was picking the team then, and now fortunately Strachan, want to play him just in front of the defence.

Couldn't understand this at Hearts. I'm only thankful Strachan is wasting him just as badly at Celtic.

Hartley's best position was always as an attacking midfielder.

He could time his runs perfectly into the box depending on how the play developed. Didn't have to be particularly fast to do this, just had to be clever with his runs.

Unfortunately, Vlad, or whoever was picking the team then, and now fortunately Strachan, want to play him just in front of the defence.

Couldn't understand this at Hearts. I'm only thankful Strachan is wasting him just as badly at Celtic.

Agreed. :thumb:

Hartley was fantastic for Celtic for the last 6 months of the season. Level headed neutrals & Celtic fans will tell you that he was their best midfielder last season.

Too many bitter folk on here, we'd have him back in a minute and don't tell me otherwise. You think Stewart, Jonsson, Palazuelos are better?

Archived