Csaba disses the hobos

Ryan Gosling

Ryan Gosling

Watching his press conference just now.

Handling it brilliantly but he was asked about realistic aims, said there were 5 teams who would be competing for the European spots.

He reckons Dundee United, Motherwell, Aberdeen, Hearts and 'maybe a team can surprise everyone'.

:D

Guest jambomickey

Handling it brilliantly but he was asked about realistic aims, said there were 5 teams who would be competing for the European spots.

He reckons Dundee United, Motherwell, Aberdeen, Hearts and 'maybe a team can surprise everyone'.

he's talked a good game since he's arrived but the time is just about here for action! talk is cheap

Hahaha briliiant;)

Lets hope he does what he's sayin and having hearts chasing for a europian place this season..

he's talked a good game since he's arrived but the time is just about here for action! talk is cheap

Bill Shankly, Alex Ferguson, Brain Clough - Hope Csaba's talk is that cheap!

Paulandshark
Going from their pre-season the Hobos are going to be nowhere near the European spots.

With all due respect do you think after Hearts pre-season you will be in the hunt for Europe as well?

Before you say it, I am well aware we haven't scored yet and yes, we will be nowhere near Europe

What did you make of the bit about Riordan?:cool:

Ray Winstone
What did you make of the bit about Riordan?:cool:

What did he say about Riordan?

With all due respect do you think after Hearts pre-season you will be in the hunt for Europe as well?

Before you say it, I am well aware we haven't scored yet and yes, we will be nowhere near Europe

With all due respect, I KNOW that we will finish above your second rate clownshoe hilarious funboy team this season.

Will you be the first to take my charity bet?

Doubt it.

We'll be top 3 - the shecht will be relegated (if Hamilton win a game. Just one).

Paulandshark
With all due respect, I KNOW that we will finish above your second rate clownshoe hilarious funboy team this season.

Will you be the first to take my charity bet?

Doubt it.

We'll be top 3 - the shecht will be relegated (if Hamilton win a game. Just one).

And how many times have I read that about Hearts on this site....

Yeah, I'll take your bet.

pre season results mean very little imo,so keep your chin up all isn't lost yet :107years:

$ilvery_Moon

With our current squad no, and our pre-season results reflect that. We don't have the firepower currently to finish 3rd but.... outwith the Old Firm the league is very very poor IMO. A couple of quality signings and it could be a possibility for us. There should be a number of teams that can challenge for the 3rd spot next year. You included. A lot of the SPL teams look considerably weaker to me than last season.

How do you think we'll both fair?

I'll be happy with another Scottish Cup ;) :107years:

What a pathetic attempt to wind us up. Why?

It's smacks of someone being desperate for approval or someone on the end of another sparkly PR campaign.

Poor show and lacks respect.

It's smacks of someone being desperate for approval or someone on the end of another sparkly PR campaign.

Not as if he came out with anything stupid like calling you a 'pub team' is it :P

:107years::107years::107years::107years::107years::107years:

How about a fiver a point?

Not as if he came out with anything stupid like calling you a 'pub team' is it :P

:107years::107years::107years::107years::107years::107years:

That was heat of the moment.

Anyway, all he was bothered about was how fit players were, telling them to lose weight or ship out....:rolleyes:

It's quite slick. There's no better way to endear yourself to your masses than to disrespect your local rivals.

Clever PR...and I have to admit quite humerous.

Say What Again

Couldn't agree more mate.

I've been impressed with everything he's said so far - lets get that on to the park before we start jumping up and down.

Fingers crossed :)

Rabbie_Burns
That was heat of the moment.

Anyway, all he was bothered about was how fit players were, telling them to lose weight or ship out....:rolleyes:

It's quite slick. There's no better way to endear yourself to your masses than to disrespect your local rivals.

Clever PR...and I have to admit quite humerous.

Something your last few managers have excelled in over the past couple of years... :cool:

Say What Again
Anyway, all he was bothered about was how fit players were

Sounds very similar to what Mixu has to worry about. :rolleyes:

Paulandshark
With our current squad no, and our pre-season results reflect that. We don't have the firepower currently to finish 3rd but.... outwith the Old Firm the league is very very poor IMO. A couple of quality signings and it could be a possibility for us. There should be a number of teams that can challenge for the 3rd spot next year. You included. A lot of the SPL teams look considerably weaker to me than last season.

How do you think we'll both fair?

I'll be happy with another Scottish Cup ;) :107years:

To early to see how much we will struggle however I think we will be around the split mark in the league when it comes to the split, I think it will be the same for both clubs.

I would say Utd are a pretty good bet for 3rd and if Well can cope from the loss of McCormick then they will do ok. Sheep will be there usual unpredictable self and not sure of Falkirk. Rest of the league don't really look up to much to be honest.

To early to see how much we will struggle however I think we will be around the split mark in the league when it comes to the split, I think it will be the same for both clubs.

I would say Utd are a pretty good bet for 3rd and if Well can cope from the loss of McCormick then they will do ok. Sheep will be there usual unpredictable self and not sure of Falkirk. Rest of the league don't really look up to much to be honest.

I think Dundee United will be in the mix purely because of Levein, however they have lost 3 key players in Kalvenes, De Vries and Hunt, so it really depends on the quality of their signings.

A lot of people are tipping Falkirk to do well this season, but I still don't see where their goals are going to come from? Latapy is another year older and I just don't think they have the firepower to kick on from last season.

Motherwell and Aberdeen are much the same as last season, but it really depends on the fitness and form of their key players.

Hearts are an unknown quantity at this time. Even with recent cut backs, we are still easily the best salary payers out-with the Old Firm, this may well mean we are able to attract 3 or 4 quality players before the transfer window. Even with our current squad, the likes of Berra, Driver, Kingston, Jonsson and Nade (potentially) are in my opinion of higher quality than any other team out with the Old Firm posess.

Hibs performed way above expectation last season in achieving top 6 following the departure of nearly all the flair kids. Fletcher will probably go before the end of August and with the crippling salary cap, combined with the folly of appointing yet another 'legend' to the managers position in light of his managerial CV, I think this season could well be a real struggle.

The People's Chimp

It's not been the most inspiring on the field, but off it shabba's been saying the right things, the players are working harder and we've potentially a signing or two to come in as well as afew players to come back from injury. So i'd say all of that points to a 3rd/4th finish.

Doctor FinnBarr

Because he can!

:107years:

Archived