New Kickback Version For Mobiles

Guest GhostHunter

Guest GhostHunter

I've just introduced a mobile friendly version of kickback, which is essentially a text only version.

The old version loaded all images and took an age to load, so the new version does away with this...you can now view kickback on yer phones.

The server automatically detects a mobile has connected and displays the text only version, so you don't need to make any changes.

Enjoy

Dex

It's the future! I'm looking forwards to more updates from obscure football matches/cup final ticket queues in the future!

marshallschunkychicken

Less than 48 hours from initial request until it's fully set up.

Well done guys.

I've just introduced a mobile friendly version of kickback, which is essentially a text only version.

The old version loaded all images and took an age to load, so the new version does away with this...you can now view kickback on yer phones.

The server automatically detects a mobile has connected and displays the text only version, so you don't need to make any changes.

Enjoy

Dex

Which add-on did you use?

Ah, this answers my question. Just go my PSP yesterday and was playing about on kickback with it, as you say all the images and smileys. Opened a page, next thing I'm on some mobile kickback!!

MY internet was fast enough and I want the old one back:(

Any way you can add a link to the page to take me to the older version for my psp?

I'm using an iPhone, and was able to use the PC version with no real delays or problems. Would it be possible to have a way to switch between the mobile version and the PC version, rather than an automated system that detects what device I'm using, and decides for me ?

Thanks,

The Gasman

Francis Albert

Great news. Now if I feel an attack of optimism coming on I'll always, at any time of the day or night, have an instant cure at hand.

Just got an LG Viewty phone Dexter and cant wait to try JKB on it.

The phone is on its initial charge, so will wait a few hours.

I'm using an iPhone, and was able to use the PC version with no real delays or problems. Would it be possible to have a way to switch between the mobile version and the PC version, rather than an automated system that detects what device I'm using, and decides for me ?

Thanks,

The Gasman

What he says.....:)

Fantastic!

The Blackberry loves it!!!!

Much faster, much clearer and the layout fits the screen perfectly. I now have no social life what so ever - thank you JKB!

Deodato

Seymour M Hersh
Superb! Posting this from sunny Marbella and the new version is flying! Well done guys.

What happened to summers in Portugal?:)

Sorry Dexter, I wasn't wanting you to spend time and effort on a specific version for iPhone. I can quote easily use the "standard mobile version" or the "standard PC version" all I was asking was for a way for me to choose which version I access. Just now KB recognises that I'm using my phone, and automatically directs me to the mobile version, I'd like to still be able to access the PC version at times.

Thanks,

The Gasman

Sorry Dexter, I wasn't wanting you to spend time and effort on a specific version for iPhone. I can quote easily use the "standard mobile version" or the "standard PC version" all I was asking was for a way for me to choose which version I access. Just now KB recognises that I'm using my phone, and automatically directs me to the mobile version, I'd like to still be able to access the PC version at times.

Thanks,

The Gasman

There are a few add-on's for the iPhone on the vBulletin forum.

I'm sure he will sort you out.

Guest GhostHunter

Thanks,

The Gasman

There are a few add-on's for the iPhone on the vBulletin forum.

I'm sure he will sort you out.

Will need to look at the php code to allow a choice - the specific addition automatically detects a mobile connection and displays the text only version...another way to look at it, is that it's cheaper to view and use KB on the text version ;) Will keep you updated....

The additions for the iphone version are not suitable for the version of vb that we use, plus it's still in a beta stage...

Thanks,

The Gasman

Like the Gasman, I'd like a way of switching for the iPhone - cos the text version is tiny and is difficult to zoom into...good work though!

Will need to look at the php code to allow a choice - the specific addition automatically detects a mobile connection and displays the text only version...another way to look at it, is that it's cheaper to view and use KB on the text version ;) Will keep you updated....

<?php

$kbstring = "Give me a shout if you need any help on the php code.";

echo $kbstring;

?>

Guest GhostHunter
<?php

$kbstring = "Give me a shout if you need any help on the php code.";

echo $kbstring;

?>

LOL

Will do :)

The additions for the iphone version are not suitable for the version of vb that we use, plus it's still in a beta stage...

Wouldn't it be easier to just have a sub domain redirect to the text only version?

eg: http://m.hmfckickback.co.uk

Archived