Has anyone ever eaten Partridge?

Captain Canada

Captain Canada

I managed to get to the ripe old age of 33 without ever trying Partridge meat but had some at a fancy dinner last night and it tasted amazing! Has anyone else on here tried it and what did you think?

I wouldn't normally post something like this but I reckon most people won't have had it before and are missing out!

I managed to get to the ripe old age of 33 without ever trying Partridge meat but had some at a fancy dinner last night and it tasted amazing! Has anyone else on here tried it and what did you think?

I wouldn't normally post something like this but I reckon most people won't have had it before and are missing out!

Nope never had it. Was in hospitality at Hampden once and they served Ginea Fowl, it was just fatty chicken.

One New Year at my Mums we had a Sea Trout with loads of massive prawns for starter (supplied by my Uncle from Peterhead, his son, my cousin, was then a skipper of a trawler) then for the mains it was a sort of buffet of game, so there was venison, duck and pheasant.

So no, I haven't had partridge, but I have had pheasant.

ArmiyaRomanova

Yup, and damn fine it is too... rich, gamey taste.

i'm not sure where in Edinburgh might sell it regularly - the Tesco on Broughton Road had it for a brief period at the end of last year though.

Guest juvehearts

anderson's the butchers in morningside sells it.

?2.75 per kilo.

get a nice bit for about ?4.70.

fry or grill it with some port & serve with some fresh country vegtables & a medium red wine.

ostridge is nice too.

Boris come to my restruaunt in febuary, i know a game farmer (lord thomas stevenson) & we get loads in from his estabishment in the borders!

Jambojohnnyboy

Boris come to my restruaunt in febuary, i know a game farmer (lord thomas stevenson) & we get loads in from his estabishment in the borders!

Is that a farmer of game or is he just a game farmer who is up for anything?;)

Watch your teeth if you do get some from a game butcher.

Crunching some shotgun shot is not the most pleasant!

Dirk Diggler
Watch your teeth if you do get some from a game butcher.

Crunching some shotgun shot is not the most pleasant!

I can't imagine crunching any 'shot' would be pleasant.

Each to their own though.

Archived