Dando boy Didnt do

K1874M

I never thought he did it even in the beginning. 8 years he's been in jail with no chance of getting the real killer now.

doctor jambo
He was found not guilty, that is not to say he didn't do it.

Evidence was pretty thin though to say the least. Probably be a not proven verdict in Scotland.

The evidence was wafer thin, and the Forensics was non-existant. The FSS stated a few months after he was sent down that the ballistics was not valid, and should not have been used in court- and they worked for the prosecution

Apart from that single speck they had nothing else

ie- they had absolutely NO evidence AT ALL

Evidence was pretty thin though to say the least. Probably be a not proven verdict in Scotland.

Hahaha.

C'mon now Deek. We are innocent until proven guilty. If not proven guilty, then we must be innocent?

(One reason why I find the not proven verdict wrong, but that's another argument)

Surely it's the CPS's job to make sure the evidence isn't thin so that a conviction can be attained.

Having taken an interest in the case since day one, I am convinced he didn't do it.

I always said he didn't do it.

Public pressure forced ra polis to bang up the first suspect they came up with.

haha its that attitude that got him banged up....

Just imagine all the military/SAS paraphernalia, replica guns, and Freddie Mercury memorabilia he'll be able to buy with his massive compensation payment.

" The Do Do died, then Dodi died, Di died and Dando died.... Dido must be sh****** herself. " - Frankie Boyle.

are you not in egypt?

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Assuming that daft question is directed to me, the answer is no. Why not say what you really mean instead of skirting around the issue? :)

Ibrahim Tall

Didn't think he did it from the start, the police just banged up the first 'weirdo' they could find.

Surely it's the CPS's job to make sure the evidence isn't thin so that a conviction can be attained.

The prosecutor would not have taken the case to court unless convinced there was a reasonable chance of conviction.

I doubt he would have taken it to court on the basis of one speck of gun powder residue. There should have been other circumstantial evidence to support the CPS case.

There was obviously sufficient at the first trial to convince the jury. The second trial was almost all based on the residue in the pocket which has been discredited.

And where there is any doubt he should have been found not guilty.

As an aside, who all thinks that Angus Sinclair did kill the girls picked up in the Worlds End pub in 77. Or was it a victory for human rights when his case was thrown out?

Captain Canada

Good to see Barry George being set free, I like most others on here am convinced he didn't shoot Jill Dando. One eye witness saw him on her street 4.5 hours before she was shot - from day one the case against him has smacked of desperation by the police and someone should be held accountable for wasting so much tax payer's money on these ridiculous trials. Makes you wonder about the competence of the police when someone gets shot on their doorstep on a busy street in broad daylight and 8 years on they still don't know who did it.

Jam Tarts 1874

It is a tragedy that an innocent man spent 8 years locked up. This sad case just demonstrates what happens when there is a public outcry following a crime and pressure is put on the Police to come up with a conviction.

The fact is that he was always too thick to have committed the crime.

The prosecutor would not have taken the case to court unless convinced there was a reasonable chance of conviction.

I doubt he would have taken it to court on the basis of one speck of gun powder residue. There should have been other circumstantial evidence to support the CPS case.

There was obviously sufficient at the first trial to convince the jury. The second trial was almost all based on the residue in the pocket which has been discredited.

And where there is any doubt he should have been found not guilty.

As an aside, who all thinks that Angus Sinclair did kill the girls picked up in the Worlds End pub in 77. Or was it a victory for human rights when his case was thrown out?

Angus Sinclair's DNA was found at the murder scene..Barry George's incriminating evidence was circumstantial and retrospectively proven to be inaccurate.

Poor decision re. Angus Sinclair - Well done Barry George.

The People's Chimp
Just imagine all the military/SAS paraphernalia, replica guns, and Freddie Mercury memorabilia he'll be able to buy with his massive compensation payment.

good times.

doctor jambo
_1419278_mask.300.jpg

....clearly innocent.

guilty of being weird- yes

murder? no

He was just going for a night out with MAx Mosely and Frank Bough

While it's good that an apparently innocent man is now free you have to feel sorry for Jill Dando's family who are now left feeling that her killer is never going to be caught.

I understand Kenny's comments about good news for human rights but its pretty sad news again for the British legal system and her family.

guilty of being weird- yes

murder? no

He was just going for a night out with MAx Mosely and Frank Bough

I was actually talking about the curtains.

Miller Jambo 60
Hahaha.

C'mon now Deek. We are innocent until proven guilty. If not proven guilty, then we must be innocent?

(One reason why I find the not proven verdict wrong, but that's another argument)

He must be due loads of dosh.

He's still an absolute beast, rapist et al.

For the record,i respect British justice but i still believe it was him.

Anyone see the Sun today?

We are a nation of morons.

Yep, both those sentences usually go hand in hand.

They were saying that the bullet residue was found in Barry George's pocket, and it matched the residue found on Jill Dando, but it was deemed invalid in Court because the evidence had been stored in a room where other bullet residue was held.

George has a huge history of harassment on woman, to an alarming degree.

Anyone see the Sun today?

We are a nation of morons.

Fancy..... I was going to say enlightening us, but that would definately be the wrong choice of words.

Fancy telling us what it said?

coppercrutch
They were saying that the bullet residue was found in Barry George's pocket, and it matched the residue found on Jill Dando, but it was deemed invalid in Court because the evidence had been stored in a room where other bullet residue was held.

George has a huge history of harassment on woman, to an alarming degree.

So do I. But they seem to enjoy it. ;)

I know some sick, sick, filthy birds. :dribble:

jackjambo22

Dont think the boy George :P did it, but !!!!

The appeal courts have been known to free the 'accused' in the past due to technicality's as oposed to finding new evidence .Two cases that i remember a little about spring to mind. forget the names:(

The first was that Head Teacher who was jailed for allegedly killing his foster Daughter who was in his care.He was released on a technicality certainly not evidence saying otherwise. His wife of the time, up and left quick style. He was also no stranger to lies as his CV confirmed when applying for jobs.

The other one was the two Irish Sisters who were accused of killing the partner of the Man one was having an affair with, they got off on a minor technicality but plenty evidence suggested they may have been involved.

The above three in the two cases have shunned the media since release and in the past have only answered questions that suit them, not the more incriminating ones that seem to suggest a trail of lies:rolleyes:

Maybe one day we might have the ability to determine the guilt of all but until then :wacko:

coppercrutch
A fantasist?s theory CC. :cool:

Nah - I know some truly dirty birds !!

Most women are into some pretty filthy ****..:eek:

The first was that Head Teacher who was jailed for allegedly killing his foster Daughter who was in his care.He was released on a technicality certainly not evidence saying otherwise. His wife of the time, up and left quick style. He was also no stranger to lies as his CV confirmed when applying for jobs.

Just because someone lies on their CV, it doesn't make them any more or less likely to commit murder.

Any lawyer trying to argue that in court would be shot down in flames in about 10 seconds.

It's better to release 10 murderers on a technicality that have one innocent man in jail.

Mark_Mywords

His latest quote ...

He says he couldn't have carried out the shooting as he was following another woman at the time.
:eek:

• 2 months later...

Archived