Andy Kirk

neilnunb

I see he joined Dunfermline last night. I know he split the support, although personally I liked him. Should score plenty goals in the 1st Division anyway.

Guest JamboRobbo

another who I wouldn't ideally want to bring back, but who is a damn sight better than the options we have up front right now.

Ivanauskas33

I thought he was a really good player for us. Should have been given more of a chance ahead of Wyness IMO

Gigolo-Aunt
another who I wouldn't ideally want to bring back, but who is a damn sight better than the options we have up front right now.

Cant argue with that.

heartsfc_fan

I thought Andy Kirk was a good player IMO. Dunfermline have already signed Austin McCann (?) I believe. They might be fighting at the top this season I reckon.

rumbles1874
Never rated him. Though in fairness he did seem to bang in a good few goals in the lower leagues in England.

i liked andy both as a player and a person used to like round the corner always happy to take a min and chat, agree would not want to have him back but is better than what we have just now

good luck to him

Drylaw Hearts

Kirk knew where the goals were and had a decent record.

Take him out the box and he was hopeless.

A very cheap Kris Boyd.

I hope he does well.

He'd be worth a punt as topscorer in that division if he wasn't dependant on the likes of Austin McAnn to deliver assists for him!!!

would not want him back at hearts but reckon he will do a very good job for the pars in that league, very good signing

I didn't mind Andy Kirk. Reminded me of Nick Moran, the actor in Lock Stock.

I actually think Gary Wales was better, but Kirk did a job for us and good luck to him.

Dirk Diggler
I think he'll do well for the Pars, I liked him at Hearts.

Agreed.

He'll score goals in that division.

Good luck Ulster Andy.

Kirk knew where the goals were and had a decent record.

Take him out the box and he was hopeless.

A very cheap Kris Boyd.

I hope he does well.

We probably got the ball into the box on many more occasions back then too. Another 'striker' who had 192 sq ft of GOAL to aim at yet when he got that close he invariably managed to lodge the ball in the same 12 sq ft as the feckin keeper :mad:

Good player for us, made even better by the arrival of De Vries in 2002...I'll always remember his first against Hibs in THAT 5-1 game:) Inspired by Valois and De Vries, Kirky looked a different player.

I liked Ulster Andy. Used to love hearing the crowd chant his name. Too many had the wrong image of him and his country of birth, but I don't hold these principals. Just like what he did on the feild.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
I thought he was a really good player for us. Should have been given more of a chance ahead of Wyness IMO

Blast from the past! Forgotten about him

Understatement of the century. My six year-old daughter would've been a better option than Wyness.

Couldn't understand why we let Kirk go TBH. I liked him a lot. Good luck to him with the Pars. He'll get a round of applause from me should he ever come back to Tynie.

$ilvery_Moon
A player who got more praise and 'love' than he deserved because of where he was born.

Maybe with some. Do remember he scored over 30 goals for Hearts too.

loveofthegame
A player who got more praise and 'love' than he deserved because of where he was born.

Garbage.

Snake Plissken

I thought And was a decent goalscorer who was probably due more of a chance than Wyness. I think a small section of the support did seem to like him for non-footballing reasons.

I recall the home leg of the Zeleznjcar (sp.) game we won 2-0, I was in section G and talking to some guy who wasn't exactly the most articulate individual you'll ever meet. Burberry cap, overweight could have been anywhere between 28 and 50, it was hard to tell. Told me how his favourite player was Andy Kirk but then he was "biased" about that. I didn't ask and at the end of the game I reached under my seat to find that Mr Burberry had nicked my program.

Charming.

Patrick Bateman

Injury prone and inconsistent. I wonder if he would be hailed as "Irish Andy" had he been born in the Republic? I doubt it somehow. A poster boy for Robertson's Bar attendees and little else.

Good luck to the lad always liked him seemed to pop up with goals, I would take him now over Nade, Mole and Elliott :sad:

Perhaps with some neanderthals but the majority of us just like seeing a young boy playing upfront fand scoring for the JTs and don't forget he had quite a few injury problems during the 5 years he was with us. He played upfront for us during a good period when we qualified for the UEFA cup on more than one occasion. How we would take that just now.

One of the few times I felt let down by Levein when he was in charge was playing 1 upfront at home to Bordeaux in the 2nd leg, at the time when Kirk was on a good scoring run. Had he played with De Vries we would have had a better chance of killing them off IMO.

Totally agree mate!

Unfortunately Wyness was one of Leveins 'big signings' and he was always going to keep Kirk out of the team inspite of Wyness contributing FA!:sad:

Wyness did have some "nice touches" though according to some KBrs! :rolleyes:

I thought And was a decent goalscorer who was probably due more of a chance than Wyness. I think a small section of the support did seem to like him for non-footballing reasons.

I recall the home leg of the Zeleznjcar (sp.) game we won 2-0, I was in section G and talking to some guy who wasn't exactly the most articulate individual you'll ever meet. Burberry cap, overweight could have been anywhere between 28 and 50, it was hard to tell. Told me how his favourite player was Andy Kirk but then he was "biased" about that. I didn't ask and at the end of the game I reached under my seat to find that Mr Burberry had nicked my program.

Charming.

These are exactly the type of neanderthals I referred to in my previous post.

Frankly THAT is an insult to the Hearts fans who rated Kirk purely on football merit! :(

Frankly THAT is an insult to the Hearts fans who rated Kirk purely on football merit! :(

Exactly. They are type of "fans" that do my head in. Any player should be judged on his ability not where he came from. Alan Maybury was well-liked for his attitude and determination, never mind his ability and it didn't matter that he came from the southern part of ireland.

FFS even DAFC have better players than us now,what a fecking shambles.

Christ, I thought I was a Greetin Faced ^^^^...You REALLY are a Ferkin Joke at times mate...Andy Kirk, Austin McCann, Stephen Simmons, etc... :eek:

I never watched us much last season,BUT, if they're better than we've got, then Fek me We're Doooooomed A' tell yeah!! :eek:

Injury prone and inconsistent. I wonder if he would be hailed as "Irish Andy" had he been born in the Republic? I doubt it somehow. A poster boy for Robertson's Bar attendees and little else.

ULSTA.jpg

Thought you'd appreciate this.

scott_jambo
I thought Andy Kirk was a good player IMO. Dunfermline have already signed Austin McCann (?) I believe. They might be fighting at the top this season I reckon.

:eek:

Christ, I thought I was a Greetin Faced ^^^^...You REALLY are a Ferkin Joke at times mate...Andy Kirk, Austin McCann, Stephen Simmons, etc... :eek:

I never watched us much last season,BUT, if they're better than we've got, then Fek me We're Doooooomed A' tell yeah!! :eek:

He's away,now tell me who have we signed that is better than Andy Kirk and for that matter Austin McCann.

PS not re-signed.

Section N always seemed to like him.

Patrick Bateman

If Andy Kirk is such a good player, then how did he end up at Dunfermline, having also played for footballing giants Boston, Yeovil town and Northampton? He's a mediocre player who had rare purple patches from time to time. I can understand people liking him, but the heroworship? That's one for the pink hand loyal brigade.

If Andy Kirk is such a good player, then how did he end up at Dunfermline, having also played for footballing giants Boston, Yeovil town and Northampton? He's a mediocre player who had rare purple patches from time to time. I can understand people liking him, but the heroworship? That's one for the pink hand loyal brigade.

Who's doing that?

Hi

Being a Heartsfan far from home nothing made me happier then when Boston announced the signing of Andy Kirk and Austin McCann. I went to watch then quite a bit (even the most expensive seats were ?13) Austin McCann was player of the year and all the locals loved them- they were a credit to themselves and to Hearts, shame the manager was a tosser.

they both played a lot of hard games down here and I watched them play against Fulham in the cup so not all lower league and they always showed a bit of class. I think they will both prove valuable new signings back up there and personally wish them both the very best of luck.

Key

I didn't mind Andy Kirk. Reminded me of Nick Moran, the actor in Lock Stock.

I actually think Gary Wales was better, but Kirk did a job for us and good luck to him.

There was a time that I would have agreed with you, but the moment that Artur Numan (I am sure it was him) went through Wales ruined his football career. He was never the same after that. Andy Kirk was a decent striker, one that we should not have let go at the time but not one I would want us to re-sign.

Thought Kirk was going to be a great player for us when he 1st appeared.Sadly he never lived up to his early promise.He used to really bug me by not knowing the offside rule and being crap against the Old Firm.

There was a time that I would have agreed with you, but the moment that Artur Numan (I am sure it was him) went through Wales ruined his football career. He was never the same after that. Andy Kirk was a decent striker, one that we should not have let go at the time but not one I would want us to re-sign.

Yes, Wales was never the same after that Numan tackle. :sad:

rudi must stay
Thought Kirk was going to be a great player for us when he 1st appeared.Sadly he never lived up to his early promise.He used to really bug me by not knowing the offside rule and being crap against the Old Firm.

well said. He could have done a lot more for us. It genuinely seemed like he enjoyed playing for us though which was nice to see so he can't be faulted for that

As a self-styled 'Mr Holier Than Thou' character (Who apparently hates resorting to childish insults and references), it's quite suprising to see you exercise such fascinating wit as 'Pink Hand'. Religion isn't relevant to the Andy Kirk situation.

His name was Andy, he was from Ulster. Irish Andy just doesn't sound as good. ;)

I see he joined Dunfermline last night. I know he split the support, although personally I liked him. Should score plenty goals in the 1st Division anyway.

A good honest player. I always had time for him.

Wouldn't have featured much in season's 2005/06 or 2006/07 with us, but IMO better than any of the forwards at Tynecastle right now, (barring Gary Glen perhaps ?).

Andy Kirk scored 33 goals in 114 league games for Hearts which is probably

more than our current first team squad put together.

So that along with the fact that he actually tried in every game he played for the Hearts means he will always be thought of fondly by those who actually seen him play for the Jambos..........

regardless of being born in Ulster or Timbucktoo........

so good luck Andy.......

unless your playing against us.........

in that case i hope yer pi$h.

Archived