Niemi would have joined Hibs

vegas-voss

Was told by my Hibs(he's one of the better ones) supporting mate at work last night who's father used to play for Hibs and still has a lot to do with the club that both Niemi and Jonathan Johanson were willing to join Hibs but Petrie had put a stop to it because of wages.Niemi was willing to sign as a player coach for only ?4k a week and JJ was only after ?2.5k but Petrie thought both wanted too much.

Take this story how you want but was just wondering if anyone else had heard anything about Niemi and Hibs.The JJ bit i could easily believe but not sure on the Niemi bit.

I have heard those exact terms for Neimi mentioned before. Who knows man, who cares, they are not getting Neimi, they have Zibi/Calamity/McNeil :laugh:

I heard this as well from a hibby ive been mocking him about it all week, i didnt think Niemi would go to hibs for ?4000 but apparently him and Mixu are big pals.Surely Niemi is still good enough for a bigger team than the hobos!!

I have heard those exact terms for Neimi mentioned before. Who knows man, who cares, they are not getting Neimi, they have Zibi/Calamity/McNeil :laugh:

Yeah i know but if there is any truth in it then it means there is a great keeper going who has a great fondness for our club going for only ?4k a week.

Billy the Jambo

If Niemi is willing to play for 4k aweek get him signed .I think he would do a great job for us again

Yeah i know but if there is any truth in it then it means there is a great keeper going who has a great fondness for our club going for only ?4k a week.

If Niemi is willing to play for 4k aweek get him signed .I think he would do a great job for us again

Past it IMO, I shall keep the old memories and not have them sullied by a goalkeeper that has lost his edge.

No thank you.

Guest JamboRobbo
Past it IMO, I shall keep the old memories and not have them sullied by a goalkeeper that has lost his edge.

No thank you.

Agree, not one for the future, and past his best, BUT.

Like I said with De Vries, whilst Niemi is not the boy I would choose to sign, there is no doubt he's a damn sight better than our current goalkeeping options.

Conclusion - we need to sign a half decent goalie.

Archived