Anyone work at Meadowbank House

portobellojambo1

portobellojambo1

If so can you explain why it appears that 18 of the windows appear to have plants/leaves, something bloody green, growing all over them.

To say it looks feckin daft is an understatement, but the reason may be perfectly logical.

If so can you explain why it appears that 18 of the windows appear to have plants/leaves, something bloody green, growing all over them.

To say it looks feckin daft is an understatement, but the reason may be perfectly logical.

Is it just 18 windows?

portobellojambo1
Is it just 18 windows?

I think so neobis, it might not even be Meadowbank House but the building next door that has been standing empty for a while now (maybe called St Margarets House). Only appeared this week, a few windows at first, then a few more each day and tonight it was 18 (fairly obvious I get pretty bored on the bus journey across town I think, considering the things I notice while staring out the window).

To be fair if youve ever seen the amount of work done in Meadowbank House it pretty much lies empty 12 months of the year. The only office ive ever been in where folk get paid to read magazines constantly.

It is the one next door your talkin about but ive no idea whats going on.

my very first job was in meadowbank house, i was bored shechtless & lasted about 6 months

MacDonald Jardine
I think so neobis, it might not even be Meadowbank House but the building next door that has been standing empty for a while now (maybe called St Margarets House). Only appeared this week, a few windows at first, then a few more each day and tonight it was 18 (fairly obvious I get pretty bored on the bus journey across town I think, considering the things I notice while staring out the window).

They're turning St.Margaret's House into some kind of arts centre.

They've been trying to lease offices in it for what seems like years.

J.T.F.Robertson

http://www.randomhouse.com/kvpa/ruins/ :eek::unsure:

Jed The Jedi
To be fair if youve ever seen the amount of work done in Meadowbank House it pretty much lies empty 12 months of the year. The only office ive ever been in where folk get paid to read magazines constantly.

Thats a scandalous accusation, i have worked ther for 22 years and have never read a magazine.

Newspapers, well thats another thing, read them all day,especially at the weekend when on double time, magic.;)

Thats a scandalous accusation, i have worked ther for 22 years and have never read a magazine.

Newspapers, well thats another thing, read them all day,especially at the weekend when on double time, magic.;)

Haha I work for the other company that works there. Its just jealousy on my part. Although dont take that to mean I work particularly hard. I dont.

Theres an old boy on our floor (2nd) who properly falls asleep all the time. You probably know him, he's got a huge tache and "works" about 20 hours a day. Ive seen plenty times where he is properly passed out snoring his erse off!

Say What Again
Theres an old boy on our floor (2nd) who properly falls asleep all the time. You probably know him, he's got a huge tache and "works" about 20 hours a day. Ive seen plenty times where he is properly passed out snoring his erse off!

You know Jed then? ;)

Say What Again

I noticed that on Wednesday. Looks bizarre. :wacko:

Darth Sidious

St Margarets House, used to house Scottish Office Pensions Agency until that was moved to Galashiels a few years ago. My first job was there.

Been empty and an eye sore since.

northfieldhearts

we go to work to get paid, not to work. but it seems the higher up to get, the less work gets done.

Adi Dassler

Know a few folk who work there.

One reckons he gets through 2 books a week at work.

northfieldhearts
Know a few folk who work there.

One reckons he gets through 2 books a week at work.

he must be one of the grafters then. most get through 2 books a day.

Archived