New Phone

The Brow

Looking for a new phone and having a frustrating time of it.

All i want is a small phone that makes calls. A half decent camera would be nice but i'm not that bothered. Doesnt need an mp3 player or any office type applications or games. Basically an updated version of an old Nokia would suffice. Thats the size im after. Currently have a Nokia I have had for a couple years and the screens got a big crack in it so needs to be replaced.

Anytime I go into a mobile phone shop they are blatantly trying to sell me some tosh im never going to use. The look on their faces when I say what I want is a mixture of confusion and disgust. Coming from the sort of half-mulleted-fake-tanned-wearing ***** that work in these places I am assuming that I am in the minority.

They keep offering me either a N95 which is a total brick with too many features for me, or an Iphone, which for reasons above i dont want. Im not a technophobe I have loads of gadgets, I just want a feckin phone that does what it says on the tin !! (to quote ronseal)

Help!!!!!!

I feel your pain. I recently upgraded my phone and walking into the O2 store at the Fort I was shocked at the size of phones that 'are in demand' at the moment. The shop assistant didnt like my comment 'that we dont all live within the M25 corridor so dont need huge phones which can boil the kettle for you'. All I wanted was something small also but upon comparing my old phone Sony Erickson 810 to the 'new' phones they are almost all double in size as quote "everyone wants to use the internet on their phones now". Erm... hello... Thats what my PC is for! Why would I want to strain my eyesight looking at something 1.5 inches wide when I can have it in full 19" glory at home!?

In the end I went for a N82 as it had built in sat-nav so saved my buying one for the car!

Jambof3tornado

Samsung g600 is not bad,decent camera and easy to use. Wife has a metal effect one and its great.

heartsfc_fan

All i want is a small phone that makes calls. A half decent camera would be nice but i'm not that bothered. Doesnt need an mp3 player or any office type applications or games. Basically an updated version of an old Nokia would suffice. Thats the size im after. Currently have a Nokia I have had for a couple years and the screens got a big crack in it so needs to be replaced.

Anytime I go into a mobile phone shop they are blatantly trying to sell me some tosh im never going to use. The look on their faces when I say what I want is a mixture of confusion and disgust. Coming from the sort of half-mulleted-fake-tanned-wearing ***** that work in these places I am assuming that I am in the minority.

They keep offering me either a N95 which is a total brick with too many features for me, or an Iphone, which for reasons above i dont want. Im not a technophobe I have loads of gadgets, I just want a feckin phone that does what it says on the tin !! (to quote ronseal)

Help!!!!!!

Go for something like the Sony Ericsson W200i. It has a camera, MP3 player and is pretty small. Not an "advanced" phone by any means.

I'm sure tesco or somewhere had them on Pay as you go for like ?39.99

I P Knightley

Help!!!!!!

Hear hear!

I think it's possible to freeze these guys' phones by continually telling them that you aren't interested in all the whistles and bells that give them hardons just by talking about them.

They probably got the job in the phone shop because the shoe shop thought they were underqualified to match a left shoe correctly with a right shoe.

Afraid that this is no help to you whatsoever as I know next to nothing about phones. Just wanted to say that I feel your pain.

Tiberius Stinkfinger

Nokia 6300.

Small,light,2 pixel doobry on the back.

Rings loud & sends texts.

Brilliant phone.

Nokia 6300.

Small,light,2 pixel doobry on the back.

Rings loud & sends texts.

Brilliant phone.

I have a Nokia 6300 and it's great, simple to use and not too fancy.

My works phone is basic and cheap but is fine for calls and MP3s and has a great battery life. No camera though. Nokia 3109 Classic

Archived