Headphones - Advice Required

Guest sparrieheid

Guest sparrieheid

Looking for advice on which headphones to buy as my neighbours have expressed their displeasure at my new stereo.

Definately looking to buy cordless ones but my only experience with them was many years ago when you had to have direct line-of-sight to the base unit and they sometimes produced a background hiss that ruined the sound quality. However, I want to be able to strut my funky ass around my flat listening to perfect sound quality choons.

I don't mind paying that bit extra, I really want the quality.

Your thoughts please.

Guest sparrieheid
Baseball bat to neighbours knees. Should stop them complaining! ;)

I like your plan, but I'd substitute the baseball bat for beating him to death with one of his cowboy boots, the short-erse prat.

jamboboetjie
Looking for advice on which headphones to buy as my neighbours have expressed their displeasure at my new stereo.

Definately looking to buy cordless ones but my only experience with them was many years ago when you had to have direct line-of-sight to the base unit and they sometimes produced a background hiss that ruined the sound quality. However, I want to be able to strut my funky ass around my flat listening to perfect sound quality choons.

I don't mind paying that bit extra, I really want the quality.

Your thoughts please.

Try the Sennheiser 140 or above(Cordless) .They work on the FM band and can be heard in other rooms,Ive had my for over a year and they still work as perfect,Hope this helps

jamboboetjie
Try the Sennheiser 140 or above(Cordless) .They work on the FM band and can be heard in other rooms,Ive had mine for over a year and they still work as perfect,Hope this helps

Product Description: Sennheiser RS 140 - headphones

Product Type: Headphones - wireless - radio

Recommended Use: TV, home audio system

Headphones Type: Headphones - binaural

Headphones Form Factor: Ear-cup

Connectivity Technology: Wireless - radio - 863 - 865MHz

Sound Output Mode: Stereo

Response Bandwidth: 18 - 21000 Hz

Signal-To-Noise Ratio: 68 dBA

Guest sparrieheid
Product Description: Sennheiser RS 140 - headphones

Product Type: Headphones - wireless - radio

Recommended Use: TV, home audio system

Headphones Type: Headphones - binaural

Headphones Form Factor: Ear-cup

Connectivity Technology: Wireless - radio - 863 - 865MHz

Sound Output Mode: Stereo

Response Bandwidth: 18 - 21000 Hz

Signal-To-Noise Ratio: 68 dBA

Cheers for that, I'll check them out, but I still like the idea of beating my neighbour to death with his own cowboy boots, just for chuckles and stuff.

this_is_my_story
Cheers for that, I'll check them out, but I still like the idea of beating my neighbour to death with his own cowboy boots, just for chuckles and stuff.

:laugh::laugh:

Serioulsly though, I wouldn't be giving the time of day to anyone complaining about anything if they wear cowboy boots with any degree of seriousness.

Death by boots for this chap should be given some serious thought!

Griclesfield

i bought a pair of sony headphones ... big ear muff yins from tesco for ?20.

the sound is class.

i had the same problem with neighbour complaining, told him to get a life.

Guest sparrieheid
:laugh::laugh:

Serioulsly though, I wouldn't be giving the time of day to anyone complaining about anything if they wear cowboy boots with any degree of seriousness.

Death by boots for this chap should be given some serious thought!

To be fair to him the soundproofing in these flats is atrocious and if he can hear it then the entire stair can probably hear it and I don't want to force my noise on everyone so I don't actually mind going down the headphones route for my own listening. It's just his arrogant and condecending attitude when he knocks on my door that grates.

However, when I choose to have a party the entire stair will be informed beforehand and he can go poke himself if he complains.

The irony is that this 'hipster dude' actually works in the music 'biz' as an A&R guy so he should appreciate being introduced to my fine music collection, although he recently got paid off after his company was bought over and he's currently struggling to set up his own company. Add the fact that he has a neurotic wife who doesn't work and rarely leaves the flat and I should probably have some sympathy for him.

Nah, stuff him, he's an arrogant bam and I hope he's suffering.

Anymore of his snash and I'll jobby through his letterbox as a final warning. It's the only language these people understand understand.

Guest sparrieheid
i bought a pair of sony headphones ... big ear muff yins from tesco for ?20.

the sound is class.

i had the same problem with neighbour complaining, told him to get a life.

Are they cordless headphones? Seems awfy cheap but I'll check it out.

The neighbour is a **** who looks down on me because I rent my flat whereas he owns his. What he doesn't know is that I got divorced last year and had to sell the flat I'd had in Trinity for 15 years so I cleared all my debts and am still sitting on many many thousands of squids, I just chose not to buy somewhere else due to the impending credit crunch but I could easily buy a flat in his stair if I chose, but I prefer to enjoy the rich batchelor lifestyle instead.

If he ignores my final warning of jobbying through his letterbox, I will resort to grabbing him by his quiff and killing him to teh death with his absurd footwear. Short erse.

Griclesfield
Are they cordless headphones? Seems awfy cheap but I'll check it out.

The neighbour is a **** who looks down on me because I rent my flat whereas he owns his. What he doesn't know is that I got divorced last year and had to sell the flat I'd had in Trinity for 15 years so I cleared all my debts and am still sitting on many many thousands of squids, I just chose not to buy somewhere else due to the impending credit crunch but I could easily buy a flat in his stair if I chose, but I prefer to enjoy the rich batchelor lifestyle instead.

If he ignores my final warning of jobbying through his letterbox, I will resort to grabbing him by his quiff and killing him to teh death with his absurd footwear. Short erse.

nah bud, they aint cordless. . . thats too posh for me.

Guest sparrieheid
nah bud, they aint cordless. . . thats too posh for me.

Ah, thanks bud, but no use to me as I wanna be able to sit on the bog and listen to banjo music, you know, like normal folk.

this_is_my_story
To be fair to him the soundproofing in these flats is atrocious and if he can hear it then the entire stair can probably hear it and I don't want to force my noise on everyone so I don't actually mind going down the headphones route for my own listening. It's just his arrogant and condecending attitude when he knocks on my door that grates.

However, when I choose to have a party the entire stair will be informed beforehand and he can go poke himself if he complains.

The irony is that this 'hipster dude' actually works in the music 'biz' as an A&R guy so he should appreciate being introduced to my fine music collection, although he recently got paid off after his company was bought over and he's currently struggling to set up his own company. Add the fact that he has a neurotic wife who doesn't work and rarely leaves the flat and I should probably have some sympathy for him.

Anymore of his snash and I'll jobby through his letterbox as a final warning. It's the only language these people understand understand.

That's the game. Take no further **** from him, and give him plenty of yours, quite literally!

I P Knightley

You sound like the type of considerate neighbour that is far too infrequent these days. (Right up to the bit where you jobby through his letter-box, that is!)

Good on you.

And once you've used good earphones, you won't want to go back. I got Bose Triport in-ear for the iPod and the music's so much better than either the old earphones (both basic ones and Sennheisers (though not really dear ones)) or even the Hi-fi. I don't own headphones for home but my brother-in-law has Bose noise-cancelling ones that probably cost him a pretty penny but really are quite brilliant.

Here's a site with some deals on at the mo: http://www.iheadphones.co.uk/shopdisplayproducts.asp?page=1&filter=yes

Guest sparrieheid
That's the game. Take no further **** from him, and give him plenty of yours, quite literally!

I'm vegetarian. I'll win a dirty war, no contest.

Guest sparrieheid
You sound like the type of considerate neighbour that is far too infrequent these days. (Right up to the bit where you jobby through his letter-box, that is!)

Good on you.

And once you've used good earphones, you won't want to go back. I got Bose Triport in-ear for the iPod and the music's so much better than either the old earphones (both basic ones and Sennheisers (though not really dear ones)) or even the Hi-fi. I don't own headphones for home but my brother-in-law has Bose noise-cancelling ones that probably cost him a pretty penny but really are quite brilliant.

Here's a site with some deals on at the mo: http://www.iheadphones.co.uk/shopdisplayproducts.asp?page=1&filter=yes

Well I'm a considerate neighbour up to the point that the **** starts flying, as it were.

Thanks for the advice and link, some good stuff there, cheers.

Archived