Earthquake

Heaven98

Bit of a jolter today. Out in Chino Hills which is about half an hour from us. Threw the little one off the bed.

Got my cousin and family out here travelling California. So far they've been caught by a flash flood, driven through some of the worst forest fires we've had in years and today had the thrill of a quake. Not sure they're totally convinced that this is safest place to live........

I was on one of the trading floors at a client this afternoon and I saw about the quake on one of the TVs showing CNBC. One of the very first things on my mind was "hope David and his family's ok." Glad to see that's the case (bed jostling aside...)

And, as for your relatives, they would be right--it's not the safest place to live! Come east; we've got our problems in NY, but there's no mudslides/floods/forest fires/earthquakes/smog/name your natural disaster n NY...

I P Knightley

, but there's no natural disaster n NY...

Perhaps true. But there's no need to make up your own instead, is there?

Hillary%20Clinton%20from%20all4humor.jpg

Bit of a jolter today. Out in Chino Hills which is about half an hour from us. Threw the little one off the bed.

Got my cousin and family out here travelling California. So far they've been caught by a flash flood, driven through some of the worst forest fires we've had in years and today had the thrill of a quake. Not sure they're totally convinced that this is safest place to live........

My father-in-law, who lives in Chino, called and left a message last night to say that there had been an earthquake but that everything was ok.

We had been over recently visiting him and his wife for 3 weeks and only returned a fortnight ago.

200milesfromgorgie

off subject sorry, but any tips for driving from san diego to santa barbara? go through LA on that nasty road or go along the long long coast road?

off subject sorry, but any tips for driving from san diego to santa barbara? go through LA on that nasty road or go along the long long coast road?

No competition - do the long long coasty thingy. It's a brilliant drive. About 400 miles and it's stunning. Avoid the 405/101 like the plague. One of the worst bits of road real estate in the world. Just a giant parking lot!

I was on one of the trading floors at a client this afternoon and I saw about the quake on one of the TVs showing CNBC. One of the very first things on my mind was "hope David and his family's ok." Glad to see that's the case (bed jostling aside...)

And, as for your relatives, they would be right--it's not the safest place to live! Come east; we've got our problems in NY, but there's no mudslides/floods/forest fires/earthquakes/smog/name your natural disaster n NY...

Thanks Josh. I love NY - wouldn't want to live there though. Not enough space and your weather's crap. Coming over to NJ in November to stay with friends and will probably do NY for a couple of nights. I'll be in touch.

200milesfromgorgie
No competition - do the long long coasty thingy. It's a brilliant drive. About 400 miles and it's stunning. Avoid the 405/101 like the plague. One of the worst bits of road real estate in the world. Just a giant parking lot!

yeah your the second kber whos warned me of 405. thanks for the advice looks like its gonna be a long driving day on that day. May even have to purchase and wear th new home strip and fly my colours ...then again.

Thanks Josh. I love NY - wouldn't want to live there though. Not enough space and your weather's crap. Coming over to NJ in November to stay with friends and will probably do NY for a couple of nights. I'll be in touch.

Unfortunately I'm moving to MD in September, otherwise we could have caught a beer.:cool:

The 405 is great. You've not really driven in California until you've had a high speed joust on it.

Give it time and you'd be cursing it like the rest of us who have to use it on a daily basis. They've been agonizing what to do with it for years now and they've come up with an astoundingly brilliant Californian idea. "We'll make it bigger and wider." At a cost of squillions of dollars and a net result of....even more traffic on it to cause multiple pile-ups, jams etc. etc.

Archived