Good news....

Drylaw Hearts

Drylaw Hearts

http://www.theherald.co.uk/sport/football/display.var.2412491.0.Paatelainen_dismisses_quit_rumours_as_total_nonsense.php

Paatelainen dismisses quit rumours as ?total nonsense?Mixu Paatelainen, the Hibernian manager, last night branded rumours of his supposed resignation as "total nonsense" and promised worried supporters his misfiring side will come good in time for the start of the Clydesdale Bank Premier League.

On the day he unveiled former Chelsea midfielder Joe Keenan and ex-Nantes defender Steven Thicot as new signings, the Easter Road club's manager brushed aside stories he had offered to quit following a lack of financial backing from directors and a poor pre-season build-up.

"The rumours are total rubbish, total nonsense," he said. "I will not quit, that's for sure. I know what we need to work on and we will work on them. We will get it right. The results in pre-season haven't been good."

Paatelainen says he is working hard to strengthen his squad before facing Kilmarnock on August 9.

Paatelainen has confessed he is desperate to sign a striker after watching his team go eight full matches without a goal, stretching back to April 23.

Despite crashing out of the Intertoto Cup to Swedes Elfsborg, being thrashed 6-0 by Barcelona and losing to third division Cowdenbeath on Monday night, he firmly believes wins will come when the real action begins.

"I am not worried," he said. "I know we will score goals, there's no question about that.

"I would like to have seen our strikers and midfielders score more goals pre-season. It hasn't happened, possibly because of the very, very high quality opponents we have played against."

The last sentence is a classic.

Without bursting your bubble, I don't think we're in a position to gloat about other teams strikers.

YMMV

Frankly, I'd take time out to laugh at those jakeball rubberducks if we were bottom of the 3rd division.

marshallschunkychicken
Without bursting your bubble, I don't think we're in a position to gloat about other teams strikers.

YMMV

YMMV?

:confused:

Seymour M Hersh

YMMV

We are always in a position to laugh at the hobos.:107years:

merseyjambo

YMMV - Young Mental Mordun Vale?

J Kato are you sure you shouldn't be in your bed coming out with crap like that

Quality of opposition - Clyde, Raith & The Blue Brazil. Hardly classy are they

Sell Fletch and I can see the Hibs bein in a relegation battle

YMMV - Young Mental Mordun Vale?

J Kato are you sure you shouldn't be in your bed coming out with crap like that

YMMV = Your Mileage May Vary. Not too difficult an acronym to work out, surely?

Going back to the OP. Our forward line is poor.

YMMV :-)

Archived