Rapnick and Gowser in defence against Mole and dennis

Mole scored 4

Some intersting performances

An they were ?

Reserve team took 8 of the under 19s today

Mole scored 4

Please not mole for the first team aaaaaaaaaaaaaagh.

Mole scored 4

Who's Dennis? McLaughlin? Is he back?

Vlad_Knows_Best

Mole & Elliot

Both should be no where near Hearts or the SPL.

A good front pairing for a 1st Division Club.

From Perth to Paisley

Mole scored 4

Yeah but who was in goals??

Mole always plays well in the reserves.Last chance saloon for him.Hope he can grab it with both hands.To think just over a year ago he was our best prospect.

Nucky Thompson

Mole is worth another chance, remember he was a wee laddie the last time he got thrown into the team.

Vlad_Knows_Best
Heard there were 3 pens, and most of the U19s have been away over Christmas and New Year...

You heard............You mean you don't know.......now that's a first on here.

:P

Colonel Kurtz
You heard............You mean you don't know.......now that's a first on here.

:P

8 scored and a pen missed

Was impressed with Mole and Devine

I heard he wasn't progressing as well as it was hoped.

DH

I put on a thread the other day that not many of the youngsters are progressing as well as Hearts have hoped and one factor too blame is that they are on long term deals with decent cash.

As the new BK advert says...

WHERE'S THE HUNGER?

:527:

Maybe the reason they're not progressing is because the team gets changed every week, and because we have so many players a large group of them don't get to play competitive football.

McLoughlin probably hasn't progressed because Beniusis is in the reserves.

The Mighty Thor
I put on a thread the other day that not many of the youngsters are progressing as well as Hearts have hoped and one factor too blame is that they are on long term deals with decent cash.

One factor i agree.

The one that i've been banging on about for about 18 months is the standard of coaching. That's a major concern when you look at the lack of progress with Berra, Wallace and Elliott etc.

Drylaw Hearts
DH

As the new BK advert says...

WHERE'S THE HUNGER?

:527:

I don't think the idea to send DM to Spain was a good one.

It doesn't seem to have done him any favours.

When the story broke of John Murray possibly going West, I commented on the lack of youth players that are ready to make the step up in the last few years.

Neilson

Gordon

Berra

Wallace

Elliot

Driver

We seem to only be able to bring through to the first team on average 1 youth player per season.

IMO, that is not enough.

Mole & Elliot

Both should be no where near Hearts or the SPL.

A good front pairing for a 1st Division Club.

Come on, Mole has not had half the number of first team opportunities Elliot has had... plus he has some pace to his game... plus he was younger than Elliot when given his first team chances... plus he at least had a good game against AEK when nobody else did - Elliot?s good game was in extra time against Dunfy and a couple of bits of skill against Sellik 2 years ago.

Mole is worthy of another chance. Elliot has IMHO had his.

Vlad_Knows_Best
I think we should give Mole a chance...................... He might just impress us

Susie you are a far more generous person than I am.

jamboinglasgow
I don't think the idea to send DM to Spain was a good one.

It doesn't seem to have done him any favours.

When the story broke of John Murray possibly going West, I commented on the lack of youth players that are ready to make the step up in the last few years.

Neilson

Gordon

Berra

Wallace

Elliot

Driver

We seem to only be able to bring through to the first team on average 1 youth player per season.

IMO, that is not enough.

1 youth a season seems very small considering the amount we are buying into our system, while agree it shouldn't be half a team, I think there is no harm in having 3 or 4 having some first team experence (say for example around 7 starts and 12 sub appearnces at the most) and have one or two stars e.g. Jonsson and Driver ones who can start with the team more often.

Mole always plays well in the reserves.Last chance saloon for him.Hope he can grab it with both hands.To think just over a year ago he was our best prospect.

not really a last chance salloon as did he not sign a 5 year deal?

Mole was blooded into the team when Valdas was being 100% worked up the back by Vlad. We were conistently playing defenders in midfield and players out of position and were not creating a huge amount of chances

Things have not changed much for the better, but we are playing better attacking football, and a proper coach is in charge

I think we should reserve judgement on Mole until he plays under a proper footballing model of a team.

The Old Tolbooth
Come on, Mole has not had half the number of first team opportunities Elliot has had... plus he has some pace to his game... plus he was younger than Elliot when given his first team chances... plus he at least had a good game against AEK when nobody else did - Elliot?s good game was in extra time against Dunfy and a couple of bits of skill against Sellik 2 years ago.

Mole is worthy of another chance. Elliot has IMHO had his.

Summed up beautifully :)

I think we need to get Elliot and Mole to fight in some sort of Thunderdome type contest. Two men enter one man leaves :thumb:

Hopefully though Frail won't dress up like Tina Turner for it.

the voice from above
I think we need to get Elliot and Mole to fight in some sort of Thunderdome type contest. Two men enter one man leaves :thumb:

Hopefully though Frail won't dress up like Tina Turner for it.

finally a good suggestion. I'd go further and turn riccarton into a spartan style training regieme where it's survival of the fittest, a five year deal's no use if your beaten to death at training, that'll motivate them...:wacko:

finally a good suggestion. I'd go further and turn riccarton into a spartan style training regieme where it's survival of the fittest, a five year deal's no use if your beaten to death at training, that'll motivate them...:wacko:

I'd back that :thumb:

I'm thinking Vlad would too. He'd sit in a big chair and decide who lives and who dies, Emperor style :P

Archived