Newcastle? Good Night Out?

RoyCropper

Right folks, off there in August and wondering whos all been before? Good night out? Where to go? Where to avoid? Whats the woman like? Cheap booze?

Much appreciated ladies and mentalmen!;)

Carl Spackler

While since I was there but the Baha Beach Club was good. Night Club with waitresses serving in grass skirts and coconut bras. Well I seem to remember that anyway.

There's a boat with a revolving dance floor on it. When you jump of the dance floor you stick to the carpet, it's that sort of place. Manouvering onto the dance floor can be pretty tricky after a few.

Remember rule number 1 in Newcastle though. Jackets are for puffs.

Right folks, off there in August and wondering whos all been before? Good night out? Where to go? Where to avoid? Whats the woman like? Cheap booze?

Short answers:

Amazing night out!

Go to Buffallo Joe's

Avoid Club Sea - Bouncers are eejits

Women - fantastic

Booze is pretty much what you pay here.

I'm very jealous. Newcastle is class.

I was refused entry to Club Sea for wearing a kilt. I asked why that was a problem and they said it was because a girl might lift it up and expose me, so they weren't letting me in.....

I asked if the bloke next to me pulled up a girls skirt, would they kick out the girl and they didn't have an answer, but unfortunately proving youare more intelligent than a bouncer doesn't make them change their mind about letting you in.

Having said that, everything else about it is brilliant. Great people, great choice of pubs and clubs, all close together. All you can ask for really!

About sums it up as far as I've heard.

I might have experienced a night out there myself, if any of my mates could have been bothered but no, apparently Newcastle is too far from Edinburgh and it would be better if I just travelled up to Scotland instead...

polwarthjambo

lived there for four years. tremendous night out to be fair. few different areas worth checking out depending on level of drunkenness/carry on,

quayside

good for clubs open a bit later -lots of scantily clad members of fairer sex- buffalo joes/the boat/sea/baja beach club.

Pre club boozers down that area that are decent are chase, bar38, stereo and pitcher&piano - all a bit like george street bars but with way less pretension. there's also a big cheap wetherspoon/lloyds number 1 called the quayside bar with beer garden.

Central Station

centurion, tokyo and revolution are top bars. the lounge isn't a bad club but the bouncers are ****ies.

Bigg Market

total carry on, younger local folk, all usually gets a bit messy and few flying tumblers by end of night. Blu bambu is biggest club there which is good for the crack.

The Gate

bit like the omni centre with a few more decent boozers. decent clubs aswell - tiger tiger (full of all the beautiful people), sam jacks is usually good for a carry on

Jesmond

osborne road - only about 10 minute taxi from city centre - loads of decent pre club pubs - usually rammed on friday/saturday/sunday and because most of pubs are attached to hotels it's a decent place for the sunday morning fry up/post mortem of night before

Brough Park

why ye cannat beat a night at tha dogs man - usually races on a saturday starting about half six, quality for getting tanked up before you head doon tha toon

byker grove

only joking

Adi Dassler

There can't be many folk over the age of 21 in Edinburgh who haven't been down to Newcastle at least once.

Always a cracking night out and just down the road.

Heading down in November for the Weller concert.

Be enjoying a few afternoon bevoirs in Jesmond before heading into town for a Ruby and then The Modfather.

Superb.

If your the type of person that frequents city night club or the Cav then down at the river - you will be in your element with baha club, Buffallo Joe's and tuxedo princess(with spinning dance floor). Not my type of place but full of hen nights if thats your bag.

As mentioned earlier Jesmond is a cool place to go for a drink especially if it's a nice summers night, good atmosphere lots of young people not so many idiots.

If you want a proper nightclub though go to Digital which is near the train station at the science centre I think? Always a top class DJ on. It's nice and trendy inside and the tunes are bangin. Seen Eddie Haliwell there....didn't realise till I seen the flyer after I left the club though!

conn artist
Good fun if you can combine a visit to Newcastle Races.

my works day/night out is just that races during the day then newcastle for a few drinks after on the 15th. should be a laugh. :)

Archived