Velicka's view on Kaunas

Dr. Bapswent

Dr. Bapswent

http://www.rangers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/NewsDetail/0,,5~1353499,00.html

Velicka's Warning

by Lindsay Herron

ANDRIUS VELICKA has warned that the Kaunas players will do everything to try to win moves to British football by starring against Rangers tomorrow night.

Even although many of the Kaunas staff have found their way to Tynecastle - Velicka included - due to Vladimir Romanov's ownership of both clubs, the Kaunas players will be determined to showcase their talents.

They are envioAndrius Velickaus that Velicka has ended up at a club like Rangers and he knows that it will inspire them.

Velicka, who had two spells with Kaunas, said: "They will want to show they are good players and it is a chance for them to show that they deserve a good contract somewhere else.

"I don't know all of the players because it is two years since I played there but I know that they will play with strong hearts.

"Ledesma is a good player. He is useful at set pieces but he is a typical Braziian in that he does not offer a physical presence.

"I believe they should worry about Rangers. We should be too strong for them. Rangers is a bigger and better team than Kaunas in all aspects."

Velicka played for Kaunas against Rangers the last time the two sides met in the Champions League qualifying phase eight years ago.

He added: "Of course, it will be a special match for me because it is against my old club and I have many good memories. I just hope I get the chance to be on the pitch to enjoy it."

Miller Jambo 60
I hope Kaunas shove it right rangers...Velicka will find the pressures of playing for an old firm club will be too much for him.

Snap mate .

Archived