Csaba don't like no trialists

Ryan Gosling

Libertonian_II

Maybe he don't, but the dreaded 'K' word was mentioned.

No lessons learned there then.

Ryan Gosling

Grow up.

I'm sure half of them that play against Rangers will probably not return home!

Only a Game
Grow up.

you dont think its a valid point that 3 days running Csaba has mentioned the possibility of taking players from Kaunus.

I think its of some concern

Commander Harris

and the sentence that followed "the dreaded k-word"?

"If we take a player from somewhere he must be a player who can help the team."

Charlie-Brown
you dont think its a valid point that 3 days running Csaba has mentioned the possibility of taking players from Kaunus.

Why is it a concern?

The reality of our life now at Hearts is that any manager will have to consider whether or not he can polish a turd or two.

As long as on due consideration his decision is respected by Romanov I dont see a huge issue in Csaba paying lip service to Vlad to keep in his good books.

We've already got 5 turds still desperately trying to be polished, the fact he hasnt sent any back to date should hopefully keep Vlad happy enough for this season. 3 at least are taking up valuable squad places on this tour.

One, maybe two, could still turn out nice and shiny, the others are more likely to go white and crumbly

Hearts of Vladland
Or stalled, Mr Negative.

:P

I think he is waiting till the Kaunas game (to see if there is any gems there but probs just find germs ;)) till he looks at other players.

hearts_crazy

I knew it, I read that article, spotted the one single reference to Kaunas and I just knew someone would latch onto that one word and start spouting utter pish about it.

HE WAS TALKING ABOUT POSSIBLE OPTIONS FFS, SHEESH!!!

If he avoided any mention of Kaunas we'd only get comments about how sneaky they were not mentioning it when we all know they're looking at players from their squad...and how it's a sign that Csaba is under the thumb, spineless or just another puppet.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh.

:sad:

Commander Harris
If he avoided any mention of Kaunas we'd only get comments about how sneaky they were not mentioning it when we all know they're looking at players from their squad...and how it's a sign that Csaba is under the thumb, spineless or just another puppet.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh.

:sad:

as I said on another thread, the fact that he doesn't just tell us what we want to hear but also things that are controversial with some should actually be seen as a positive sign of more open, and apparently, more honest communication between the club and the fans.

He did mention and seems fairly confident that a goalkeeper and 2/3 signings will be made prior to match v Motherwell.

Of course 1 could be forward on trial at present but still seems more to come.

I am also taking it that only Kaunus players who may be coming will be those he considers have a chance -- not just large amounts of who knows and never was's !!

This is the bit i like..................

"I think after one week everyone knows me better. I always think positive, not negative. If you think positive and you try to do the best with the negative things you can change your life and the attitude of the people around you."

A few on here should try it.

;)

as I said on another thread, the fact that he doesn't just tell us what we want to hear but also things that are controversial with some should actually be seen as a positive sign of more open, and apparently, more honest communication between the club and the fans.

Exactly. The fact that he also has enough confidence in his own authority to speak about the more controversial issues is very encouraging.

Shabba is the best thing to happen to this grand old football club in over 3 years and he hasn't even played a competative match yet.

Ray Winstone

Thats it - no world cup stars - no signings - no scottish manager

NOTHING!

protest is the only way!

BEAST OUT!

FFS!

rumbles1874
Thats it - no world cup stars - no signings - no scottish manager

NOTHING!

protest is the only way!

BEAST OUT!

FFS!

lets all remember that there is still a month untill the window shuts, yes we wont players in now but if it means waiting an extra week or 2 to get the right player in then we should wait. i dont think csaba is the sort of man who will not be told who he is playing, he seems to be an open guy willing to tell whats going on. i understand why he does not like having trialists as these guys come in to win a contract but the games they play in are not comptive, these are warm up games where he can try diffrent things as we have seen with the way he has laid his teams out, he has said that 4-4-2 is his perfered but likes to change things , so i say lets shut up and let him get on with is job and if he feels some one from kanuas can inpove our team then bring them in

Buffalo Bill
lets all remember that there is still a month untill the window shuts, yes we wont players in now but if it means waiting an extra week or 2 to get the right player in then we should wait. i dont think csaba is the sort of man who will not be told who he is playing, he seems to be an open guy willing to tell whats going on. i understand why he does not like having trialists as these guys come in to win a contract but the games they play in are not comptive, these are warm up games where he can try diffrent things as we have seen with the way he has laid his teams out, he has said that 4-4-2 is his perfered but likes to change things , so i say lets shut up and let him get on with is job and if he feels some one from kanuas can inpove our team then bring them in

I think mate, that Tucks was just joking! :P

Buffalo Bill

Jambof3tornado

He said he doesnt like the trialists system,not that he didnt like any trialists!!

And if Kaunas are happy to lose the best of their players then thats who would come over,but I am sure it would be players Csasa wants and not ones that Vlad wants.

My glass is half full,and getting fuller everyday!!!:)

Auld Reekin'
Why is it a concern?

OK...

Firstly, please can you list the players that have so far come to Hearts from Kaunas that have made a consistent positive contribution here, have shown that they are fully able to adapt to the rigours and challenges of the Scottish game, and have actually improved the quality of our side? (Please don't include any players who were signed to Kaunas as a "paper-exercise", so that they could come straight to Hearts on loan.)

I am struggling to think of any that meet all of the above criteria: Velicka came good eventually, but didn't look that great (for whatever reasons) for quite a while; and Miko and Cesnauskas have looked very good in some games and at various stages, but have also both been very poor and extremely inconsistent at other times. Of the other Kaunas loanees who are currently here, none are good enough to continue to warrant a squad place in my opinion.

Secondly, and this one may be easier for you as I'm sure you'll know much more about the current Kaunas squad than most on here, please can you list those players who - if they were to transfer to Hearts, on loan or otherwise - you consider would be able to make a consistent positive contribution here, show that they are fully able to adapt to the rigours and challenges of the Scottish game, and actually improve the quality of our side?

Buffalo Bill

Kaunas are essentially the pakoras at a wedding buffet.

Although the quality isn't always the best, once you're invited, you get them free of charge, and the odd one or two can stand you in good stead before taking to the dance floor.

ht_wedding_dance_070730_mn.jpg

Buffalo Bill

Cut The Crap
I assume any possible deals for the 2 or 3 players Csaba was hoping to have presented already have all fallen through ?

http://www.heartsfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/HeartsNewsDetail/0,,10289~1350423,00.html

Certainly it doesn't look like things are moving forward at any great pace.

But let's not despair; the pyramid's priority at the moment is surely Wednesday's game against Rangers and rightly so. Maybe after that (or after the return leg if the tie isn't over tomorrow) we'll finally see some signing activity at Hearts. ;)

Auld Reekin'
Kaunas are essentially the pakoras at a wedding buffet.

Although the quality isn't always the best, once you're invited, you get them free of charge, and the odd one or two can stand you in good stead before taking to the dance floor.

ht_wedding_dance_070730_mn.jpg

Buffalo Bill

Do we though? At the shareholders' meeting, Rodney was his usual less-than-full-and-frank, evasive, self when pressed on the matter of exactly how much the Kaunas loanees were costing Hearts.

Allied to that is the situation we have been burdened with in the past where the playing squad has been allowed to increase to completely unmanageable dimensions, and where sub-standard Kaunas loanees have been clogging-up the system, making it much more difficult for any of our promising youngsters to make the breakthrough into the first team squad.

I knew it, I read that article, spotted the one single reference to Kaunas and I just knew someone would latch onto that one word and start spouting utter pish about it.

HE WAS TALKING ABOUT POSSIBLE OPTIONS FFS, SHEESH!!!

Should we just ignore the bit about Kaunas then ? The rest of the article is a load of pish and nothing he hasn't said before. So we can discuss the whole article including the mention of Kaunas or ignore it.

He hopes to have a new goalkepper = He has already told us this.

Hopes to have a couple of players in over the next few days = Already told us that one Csaba.

He only wants players that can help the squad = deja vu kicking in yet ?

I don't get what the big deal is because some want to have a moan about the possibility of players coming over from Kaunas. Don't know about you but the thought of more pish arriving from Kaunas is a worry for me.

Charlie-Brown
OK...

Firstly, please can you list the players that have so far come to Hearts from Kaunas that have made a consistent positive contribution here, have shown that they are fully able to adapt to the rigours and challenges of the Scottish game, and have actually improved the quality of our side? (Please don't include any players who were signed to Kaunas as a "paper-exercise", so that they could come straight to Hearts on loan.)

I am struggling to think of any that meet all of the above criteria: Velicka came good eventually, but didn't look that great (for whatever reasons) for quite a while; and Miko and Cesnauskas have looked very good in some games and at various stages, but have also both been very poor and extremely inconsistent at other times. Of the other Kaunas loanees who are currently here, none are good enough to continue to warrant a squad place in my opinion.

Secondly, and this one may be easier for you as I'm sure you'll know much more about the current Kaunas squad than most on here, please can you list those players who - if they were to transfer to Hearts, on loan or otherwise - you consider would be able to make a consistent positive contribution here, show that they are fully able to adapt to the rigours and challenges of the Scottish game, and actually improve the quality of our side?

Darn pesky Liths, it's only them that plays badly, it's only them that blocks the progress of youth, send them all home all of our problems will be solved, the rest of our playing squad are and have been perfect except for these imposters, none of the rest ever play badly especially not the scots boys and definitely not dancing queen or the tackle. :confused:

Generic Username
OK...

I'd like to see the list of Kaunas players who've been managed/coached properly in the last 3 and a bit years.

They got a good crack of the whip under Burley and since then...pretty much naff all.

Agree a few have been definite duffers but a couple definitely can flourish under proper guidance, thats the hope anyway.

The reality of our life now at Hearts is that any manager will have to consider whether or not he can polish a turd or two.

As long as on due consideration his decision is respected by Romanov I dont see a huge issue in Csaba paying lip service to Vlad to keep in his good books.

We've already got 5 turds still desperately trying to be polished, the fact he hasnt sent any back to date should hopefully keep Vlad happy enough for this season. 3 at least are taking up valuable squad places on this tour.

One, maybe two, could still turn out nice and shiny, the others are more likely to go white and crumbly

Is taht the same turds who have scored nearly half our pre-season goals?

Is it fair to say that Laszlo has absolutely no experience of bringing in any players to a club in his managerial career?

Darn pesky Liths, it's only them that plays badly, it's only them that blocks the progress of youth, send them all home all of our problems will be solved, the rest of our playing squad are and have been perfect except for these imposters, none of the rest ever play badly especially not the scots boys and definitely not dancing queen or the tackle. :confused:

:fing25:Spot on NMH, you would struggle to name many players who got pass marks for last season-Lithuanian or not.

I suppose if we do get any guys from Kaunas we can bring out this thread to save the moaning ******** getting a sore finger typing out the same old drivel.

I'm willing to wait until our manager has a chance in competitive games before labelling him names like 'a puppet' :wacko:

Charlie-Brown
Is it fair to say that Laszlo has absolutely no experience of bringing in any players to a club in his managerial career?

I don't know his full player signing history but there may be some truth in this - maybe his ability to manage effectively when Ferencvaros were struggling financially was part of his appeal?

Auld Reekin'

Where did I say any of that? Where did I mention Lithuanian players? :confused:

We've had a squad which, whilst remaining far too big and cumbersome, has been progressively declining in quality over the past couple of years. Granted, there was clearly a need to economise which hastened the departures of players like Jankauskas and Takis, but economies could and should also have been made in reducing the size of the playing squad down to much more manageable levels. In my view, the way this should have been done was to move-on those senior players who were not contributing sufficiently to the strength rather than depth of the pool, no matter what nationality they happened to be.

I agree with you absolutely that Elliot and various (non-Lithuanian / Kaunas) others were given far too many chances, but it is undeniable that complete wasters like Pinilla and the bulk of the Kaunas players who have come to Hearts over the past few years should have been emptied much more rapidly or should never have been here in the first place.

You asked a simple question: "Why should that (more players coming from Kaunas) be a concern?". I attempted to answer with what I saw as the perfectly valid concerns - for historical and current reasons - that many Hearts fans will have over more players (again, not necessarily Lithuanian) coming to us from Kaunas. I also gave you the opportunity to help allay those concerns by making a list of those current Kaunas players who could actually strengthen us.

I would still be interested - very genuinely so - to hear if there were any Kaunas players who could consistently improve our first-team squad and make a sustained positive impact upon the Scottish game, to the mutual benefit of Hearts and themselves.

I don't know his full player signing history but there may be some truth in this - maybe his ability to manage effectively when Ferencvaros were struggling financially was part of his appeal?

All managers have to start somewhere on signing players and building squads. So you can't criticise too much someone who doesn't have experience.

But we have the worst squad at present since the tattered one Levein left (which did have that jewel nucleus of Gordon, Neilson, Pressley, Webster, Hartley) but little else. So there is little to make of today's squad in terms of improvement (outside of obviously returning loan players/sorting out the prima donnas).

And in general, managers who can successfully bring in players tend to have a track record of doing so - or else they get the sack/disappear like the likes of Bryan Robson.

Auld Reekin'
I'd like to see the list of Kaunas players who've been managed/coached properly in the last 3 and a bit years.

They got a good crack of the whip under Burley and since then...pretty much naff all.

Agree a few have been definite duffers but a couple definitely can flourish under proper guidance, thats the hope anyway.

I agree, and hope so too.

Buffalo Bill
Do we though? At the shareholders' meeting, Rodney was his usual less-than-full-and-frank, evasive, self when pressed on the matter of exactly how much the Kaunas loanees were costing Hearts.

Allied to that is the situation we have been burdened with in the past where the playing squad has been allowed to increase to completely unmanageable dimensions, and where sub-standard Kaunas loanees have been clogging-up the system, making it much more difficult for any of our promising youngsters to make the breakthrough into the first team squad.

Ach, to be honest: I just wanted to use my 'pakora' analogy at any cost.

Buffalo Bill

Charlie-Brown
Where did I say any of that? Where did I mention Lithuanian players? :confused:

We've had a squad which, whilst remaining far too big and cumbersome, has been progressively declining in quality over the past couple of years. Granted, there was clearly a need to economise which hastened the departures of players like Jankauskas and Takis, but economies could and should also have been made in reducing the size of the playing squad down to much more manageable levels. In my view, the way this should have been done was to move-on those senior players who were not contributing sufficiently to the strength rather than depth of the pool, no matter what nationality they happened to be.

I agree with you absolutely that Elliot and various (non-Lithuanian / Kaunas) others were given far too many chances, but it is undeniable that complete wasters like Pinilla and the bulk of the Kaunas players who have come to Hearts over the past few years should have been emptied much more rapidly or should never have been here in the first place.

You asked a simple question: "Why should that (more players coming from Kaunas) be a concern?". I attempted to answer with what I saw as the perfectly valid concerns - for historical and current reasons - that many Hearts fans will have over more players (again, not necessarily Lithuanian) coming to us from Kaunas. I also gave you the opportunity to help allay those concerns by making a list of those current Kaunas players who could actually strengthen us.

I would still be interested - very genuinely so - to hear if there were any Kaunas players who could consistently improve our first-team squad and make a sustained positive impact upon the Scottish game, to the mutual benefit of Hearts and themselves.

I don't think any of Hearts player barring 1 or 2 exceptions have managed to meet all of your original criteria hence my response, personally I think players like Pinilla, Beslija, Makela, Goncalves, Nade, Pospisil, Basso, Elliot, Neilson & Kingston (to a lesser extent), and no doubt some others i've forgotten, have been a much bigger problem for us that FBK Kaunas players - these guys have earned several multiples more per week in wages than the FBK Kaunas players, some 10 or 12 times more, and have performed just as badly or worse or not even played at all yet some people percieve the Kaunas players to be the bigger problem.....given the clubs financial position that they also complain about i find that staggering.

Also most of the Kaunas players don't play every week - a few played less than 10 games then returned as they had failed to prove themselves - how is that a bigger problem than highly expensive players who've been performing badly on a much more regular basis?

We've also tried several youths in our team over the years - the majority didn't prove to be good enough and eventually left but the successes make it worthwhile - nobody says we should close the Academy because not all the players meet your criteria.

Auld Reekin'
Ach, to be honest: I just wanted to use my 'pakora' analogy at any cost.

Buffalo Bill

Fair do's! :)

(Mmmmm.... pakora... :dribble:)

Guest JamboRobbo
these guys have earned several multiples more per week in wages than the FBK Kaunas players, some 10 or 12 times more, and have performed just as badly or worse or not even played at all yet some people percieve the Kaunas players to be the bigger problem.....given the clubs financial position that they also complain about i find that staggering.

So how much exactly do we pay these Kaunus players? I presume you know given you seem able to state they earn so much less than others. Shame you weren't at the shareholders meeting and you might've been able to answer the questions the chairman refused to answer over how much we paid to Kaunus.

Also most of the Kaunas players don't play every week - a few played less than 10 games then returned as they had failed to prove themselves

The fact those muppets even got 1 game is bad enough.

FTK.

Auld Reekin'
I don't think any of Hearts player barring 1 or 2 exceptions have managed to meet all of your original criteria hence my response, personally I think players like Pinilla, Beslija, Makela, Goncalves, Nade, Pospisil, Basso, Elliot, Neilson & Kingston (to a lesser extent), and no doubt some others i've forgotten, have been a much bigger problem for us that FBK Kaunas players - these guys have earned several multiples more per week in wages than the FBK Kaunas players, some 10 or 12 times more, and have performed just as badly or worse or not even played at all yet some people percieve the Kaunas players to be the bigger problem.....given the clubs financial position that they also complain about i find that staggering.

Also most of the Kaunas players don't play every week - a few played less than 10 games then returned as they had failed to prove themselves - how is that a bigger problem than highly expensive players who've been performing badly on a much more regular basis?

We've also tried several youths in our team over the years - the majority didn't prove to be good enough and eventually left but the successes make it worthwhile - nobody says we should close the Academy because not all the players meet your criteria.

If a team is cack - which we are at the moment - the way to make it less so is not to bring in more cack players from wherever else, but to try and make genuine and telling improvements to it. This can be done in the following ways: improved coaching and training; by bringing in better quality players from outside; or by introducing - in a controlled and thoughtful manner - those promising young players, if any, who would be capable of stepping-up and making an improvement to what is there already.

Unfortunately, nothing I have heard from you or from anyone else would suggest that there are many (any?) players at Kaunas who are likely to be of better quality than we have already, or - even if there are - that they would be capable of adapting to the Scottish game. Pilibaitis would seem to be a case in point: now apparently playing well and scoring goals for Kaunas but did not seem able to adapt to the way we play football here. (Having said that, he got very few chances in the first team to demonstrate this one way or the other, as far as I remember.)

I fully appreciate that there are far too many players currently at Hearts who do not meet my basic criteria, but that is surely not a good reason to be considering bringing in more of the same from whatever source!

As I've now said a number of times on this thread, if you or anyone else can

provide a list of those Kaunas players who would be capable of making a genuine and consistent improvement to our first team squad I would be very interested to see this.

The bottom line is that Kaunas players are treated differently

Take last pre-season

We had Makela who had banged in a couple of goals and played fairly well, and was well up for the start of the season

Bang

A guy that had been at the club just a day or so was parachuted straight into the team for the Hibs game.

If the Kaunas players hadnt repeatedly been shown favouritism over the past 2 and a half years I doubt we'd be having this discussion

Nobody likes a teachers pet.

Whether defenders of realm like it or not the mass influx of Lithuanians has not had a positive impact on the team, morale or squad balance on the whole. Yes there have been other issues but this has been a major one. To pretend otherwise is somewhat silly.

grumpyespana

I have to laugh at some of the threads about Kaunas and there players being good enough for us jambos, I remember since Vlad arrived we have played his beloved Kaunas at least a couple of times ( only bounce matches ) and if my memory serves me right thay have beat us both times. If they show up well against the great unwashed bring them over so that Csaba can have a good look at them.

Grumpy.

I have to say I am concerned that very little has changed at the club. Csaba is making all the right noises but what I want to hear is a little less about his positive mindset and a little more about what is being done to get players in and out.

We've played nobody so far in pre season so it'd be unfair to judge how the players are adapting, perhaps we'll have more idea after Sunday.

The playing squad at present is exactly as it was last season when we were an absolute shambles. I have a horrible feeling that Csaba has authority to make the right noises publicly but privately he has to do as he's told and like those before him, has to accept what is forced upon him.

Hope Im wrong.

Seymour M Hersh

He'll never be able to tell us what we all want to hear because there will always be some on here looking to pick holes in in his comments in their desperate search for negatives.

I have to laugh at some of the threads about Kaunas and there players being good enough for us jambos, I remember since Vlad arrived we have played his beloved Kaunas at least a couple of times ( only bounce matches ) and if my memory serves me right thay have beat us both times. If they show up well against the great unwashed bring them over so that Csaba can have a good look at them.

Grumpy.

We should have raided Gretna as well for players. We only beat them once (over 90 minutes) in 5 games

Seymour M Hersh

Is it fair to hold this against him as you appear to be doing until we have seen the players he brings in in competitive matches. At some point in his managerial career Alex Ferguson had no experience of bringing players in to a club.

Is it fair to hold this against him as you appear to be doing until we have seen the players he brings in in competitive matches. At some point in his managerial career Alex Ferguson had no experience of bringing players in to a club.

See post 37.

Archived