Decent Value Hearts Bet or Not?

CostaJambo

Hearts 9/2 at Corals to win SPL without the OF this season. Anyone care to offer their opinion on the value of this bet?

Colonel Kurtz
Hearts 9/2 at Corals to win SPL without the OF this season. Anyone care to offer their opinion on the value of this bet?

Im on it ,also lay The Hobos on betfair

You never know.

I would say the value is Dundee Utd at 7/2 with Ladbrokes.

I've doubled it with Peterhead at 7/1 ( Neal Cooper )

?20 pays .

Craig Levein.

Only a Game

First rule of serious betting:

Never bet on anything that you have an emotional involvement in.

I would say as a neutral it looks a reasonable price, but I'm not a neutral and when I put my head ahead of my heart I'd say if you MUST break the rules and bet on Hearts dont touch them for a season long bet before youve seen at least 4 league games.

if your only having a couple of quid on it, fair enough though.

incredibly bad value imo, and even if we do get 3rd, is it worth waiting 9 months for?

Thats what i was thinking. Unless you are going to put a lot of money on it is it seriously worth waiting 9 months for a 9/2 shot ? :confused:

Do The Dance

You'd probably get better odds, and not have to wait 9 months, for us sneaking a win at Ibrox in a couple of weeks.

Right now, I reckon we have a better chance of starting the season well than finishing it well.

mirsad_beslija

;)yes go 4 it mate get 100 notes on the hearts , for your 550 quid reward at the seasons end we shall bring in some decent players and csaba wont accept us not at least being third ........... go on the famous ;)

as a neutral Id say Dundee Utd are the value at 7/2 (betfred, ladbrokes, coral, paddypower)

Best price on you guys is 9/2 at coral

I've put the money down at 9/2 -- plus the emotional ?10 at 200/1 to win league -- I know, I know ... but what a party I coud have and the Champions league trips would be paid for.

I have also put a few accumulators on with this included -- plus Dumbarton to win league -- mind you after tonight maybe should have bet on Cowdenbeath .

The Old Tolbooth
I would never bet on Hearts.

Especially the Hearts of the past few years

But you would lay a hobo? ;)

Check post 2 mate

I wont touch a Hobo.;)

I dont bet anyway. But especially wont on Hearts. When we played Livi in the league cup 2 of my mates put ?50 on us beating them.

Oops. Made me sure I woudnt.

The Old Tolbooth
I wont touch a Hobo.;)

I dont bet anyway. But especially wont on Hearts. When we played Livi in the league cup 2 of my mates put ?50 on us beating them.

Oops. Made me sure I woudnt.

It's something I never do too, I couldn't tell you the last time I backed Hearts, I think I'm superstitious. :wacko:

A month ago I'd have put money on us to get relegated before reaching the giddy heights of 3rd.

Now? Dundee Utd are streets ahead of us for third IMO, I see no reason why Motherwell will not also be up there. I'm confident we will improve this season but not be 3rd

I hope I am proven wrong about league placings

The Puppeteer
A month ago I'd have put money on us to get relegated before reaching the giddy heights of 3rd.

Now? Dundee Utd are streets ahead of us for third IMO, I see no reason why Motherwell will not also be up there. I'm confident we will improve this season but not be 3rd

I hope I am proven wrong about league placings

Aye but they've just sold their top scorer. Despite everything that went on last season we were still just about within reach of third before the split and if we have a settled, properly qualified manager in place for the year then 9/2 is a great price for third.

I think our squad are bottom 6 in quality and we have an unknown manager with a variable track record stepping into the morass of the committee structure.

So I would say 9/2 is not very good value!

Guest casper

Blue Sq have got Killie 7/4 opening day at home against the team that haven't scored a goal for months. That's pretty good value as well.

Based on the current squad of players we have, I wouldn't touch that bet at the price quoted. Unless we get a few good quality players in then I can see us struggling again.

50/1 against Hibs finishing bottom looks a good price though!!

I think our squad are bottom 6 in quality and we have an unknown manager with a variable track record stepping into the morass of the committee structure.

So I would say 9/2 is not very good value!

Agreed. Let's not get carried away here...

If you must have Hearts related bets you are better backing against us especially at Tynecastle over the last couple of years. The odds compiliers have been way out and plenty dough has been available to be made. We were favorites in every game after the split last season and we all know what happended there. Motherwell are great value at 5/2 first game of the season :

http://bettingzone.oddschecker.com/bettingzone/mode:o.card:scottish-scottishpremier.odds:32173336x.sid:6782068

poor value.........................

our squad is still quite poor and their attitude even worse,top six maybe,but i wouldnt be going anywhere near 9/2 to finish 3rd....................

Imeantasong

We're basically the same team minus our top (only) striker, so not a good deal in my book.

berry_jambo_man

Eh, not worth getting out of bed for im afraid. Try 999/2.

:Hearts Man dance:

Unfortunately no value in backing us. If we make any decent signings it should still be possible to get in before they cut the price though that looks unlikely at the moment.

Dundee Utd look to be best of the rest at the moment though i reckon Falkirk are good value at 33/1 with paddy power. They look to be an improving team.

Archived