Dan Wagaluka

Lossiejambo

tartofmidlothian

Nope. But he plays for Uganda Revenue Authority FC, which is IMO an even worse team name than Total Network Solutions. How do you get that in a song? :P

Midloth_Iain
:hobofish::hobofish::hobofish::hobofish::hobofish::hobofish::hobofish::hobofish:

Oh yes indeedy!!!!

I take it you didnt read the link then ?

Is every new poster automatically deemed guilty of being a Hobo until proved otherwise ? :P

right sided midfielder

sounds like he is a part-time / semi-pro from what I managed to get on the internet

whilst I think we should get a WP for Obua I doubt it for this guy - if he isnt even a pro footballer yet

I take it you didnt read the link then ?

Is every new poster automatically deemed guilty of being a Hobo until proved otherwise ? :P

Oh yes indeedy mate!!

Lossiejambo

Surely some of these Ugandan players can't be worse than some of the Lithuanian diddys

Commander Harris

looks like agent talk. good way to talk up your player; He's not prepared to name the club but it will obviously be assumed to be Hearts.

as an aside, the line "I have been contacted by several gentlemen, some are even whites..." made me chuckle for some reason. :)

Commander Harris
Read the link fool!

if that's directed at me I'd respectfully suggest that you re-read my post, and perhaps the link as well.

my post was not a slight on anyone, simply my interpretation of the article. It read to me like it was an agent talking up his player. I'm not sure if this Bernard Bainaman chap is an agent or some official at the players current club but on my initial reading it seemed it was his agent.

agents will often link their players with clubs to put their players name out there and to reflect well on that player if the club is of a higher standing than the player is currently at.

Lossiejambo
:hobofish::hobofish::hobofish::hobofish::hobofish::hobofish::hobofish::hobofish:

Oh yes indeedy!!!!

Read the link fool.

Lossiejambo
if that's directed at me I'd respectfully suggest that you re-read my post, and perhaps the link as well.

my post was not a slight on anyone, simply my interpretation of the article. It read to me like it was an agent talking up his player. I'm not sure if this Bernard Bainaman chap is an agent or some official at the players current club but on my initial reading it seemed it was his agent.

agents will often link their players with clubs to put their players name out there and to reflect well on that player if the club is of a higher standing than the player is currently at.

Apologies. That wasn't directed at you. I agree with your interpretation of the article. However i do not think this is the end of this particular story.

Cardiac Rucksack

Has our manager not already pointed out that the Ugandan press aren't exactly reliable. I very much doubtthere is anything in this. I think he has got the one Ugandan international he wants.:)

Commander Harris
Not a chance in hell this guy would get a WP, complete non story fabricated by an agent IMO.

thanks, I thought I was going mad for a second.

There is no mention of work permit, he may not need one. Not everybody in Africa does! It's very possible that he has parents/spouse of EU nationality giving him rights to work here.

Or we could sign him and park him with a friendly feeder club in a country more tolerant to immigrants than ours. Big clubs do this all the time, and Vlad wants us to be a big club.

Oh dear!...will we ever learn? A load of Lithuanians come over, now it looks like it'll be all Ugandans! Personally, I don't mind one or two Liths or Ugandans but I don't want the team to be full of them! Why is it there's no Scots or even British players coming in? The scouts at Tynecastle are a complete joke! , there's plenty decent players on our doorstep we should be looking at, not faffing around with even more foreigners! I'm so pzd off, Celtic wanted to take our chief scout sometime last season, at the time I was delighted as he's pretty hopeless, he then decided to stay on, maybe he thought working for Celtic meant he would actually have to WORK for a living instead of being on easy street at Hearts!!! Rant over! am goin for ma tea!!

Oh dear!...will we ever learn? A load of Lithuanians come over, now it looks like it'll be all Ugandans! Personally, I don't mind one or two Liths or Ugandans but I don't want the team to be full of them! Why is it there's no Scots or even British players coming in? The scouts at Tynecastle are a complete joke! , there's plenty decent players on our doorstep we should be looking at, not faffing around with even more foreigners! I'm so pzd off, Celtic wanted to take our chief scout sometime last season, at the time I was delighted as he's pretty hopeless, he then decided to stay on, maybe he thought working for Celtic meant he would actually have to WORK for a living instead of being on easy street at Hearts!!! Rant over! am goin for ma tea!!

if i did that with the word pakistani's i'd be called a racist

So I'm the only person on here thats shortened the word Lithuanians am I? What about the word directly above it? Instead of quoting one stupid wee word, why don't you read the whole article? Maybe your quite happy watching the drivel i've been watching for the last two years....I'm not, and whats wrong with wanting some Scottish/British players in the team? In the 90's half the Scotland team came from Hearts, how many are there now? Neison!? Great!

Commander Harris

one player(Obua) does not a trend make.

I wouldn't get too worried about large scale migration from Uganda just yet. :)

if i did that with the word pakistani's i'd be called a racist

You could call me a Scot and I wouldnt be offended at all :P

I know, your right, but the influx of Lithuanians started with one or two, just worried history will repeat itself as there's even less Scots at Hearts now than there were in 2005, nothing more,nothing less. By the way...well said Jammy T above.

Ibrahim Tall
one player(Obua) does not a trend make.

I wouldn't get too worried about large scale migration from Uganda just yet. :)

Aye and that 'one' doesn't even have a work permit yet, wonder if there'd same hysterical reaction if it was Brazilians or Argentinians.

Rudolf's Mate

Burn them at the stake. As they say, ****** doesn't burn! Oh he's burning... Must've been a jambo after all ;)

Drama queen.

I apologise to you for having a bit of passion for my club, if that's all you can think of to reply instead of having a point of view good luck to you.

Ibrahim Tall
I apologise to you for having a bit of passion for my club, if that's all you can think of to reply instead of having a point of view good luck to you.

I have a point of view thanks, that you're being a drama queen.

We are currently possibly signing one Ugandan player depending on the appeal of a work permit, that Csaba has coached previously. Yet your "****ed off" at a 'Ugandan invasion' and having a "whole Ugandan team"?

Marmeladent?rtchen
Burn them at the stake. As they say, ****** doesn't burn! Oh he's burning... Must've been a jambo after all ;)

I prefer to chuck them in north loch to see if they float. If they float, we then burn them. :-D

Rudolf's Mate
I prefer to chuck them in north loch to see if they float. If they float, we then burn them. :-D

Now why didn't I think of that?!?

right sided midfielder

sounds like he is a part-time / semi-pro from what I managed to get on the internet

whilst I think we should get a WP for Obua I doubt it for this guy - if he isnt even a pro footballer yet

Part-time semi-pro then eh? He'll be as good as some of the players in the second division then

I have a point of view thanks, that you're being a drama queen.

We are currently possibly signing one Ugandan player depending on the appeal of a work permit, that Csaba has coached previously. Yet your "****ed off" at a 'Ugandan invasion' and having a "whole Ugandan team"?

I never said a whole team, the point I was trying to make was i've now heard about 5 or 6 Ugandan's names mentioned, whether it's on JKB or in the press. This one mentioned at the start of this thread is the latest name being chucked about. You could easily have had a full team of Lithuanians at some point in the last three years, who's to say we won't have as many Ugandans in the next couple? What is it exactly that makes you think "drama queen?" So once again, I apologise to you for having a point of view.

Ibrahim Tall
I never said a whole team, the point I was trying to make was i've now heard about 5 or 6 Ugandan's names mentioned, whether it's on JKB or in the press. This one mentioned at the start of this thread is the latest name being chucked about. You could easily have had a full team of Lithuanians at some point in the last three years, who's to say we won't have as many Ugandans in the next couple? What is it exactly that makes you think "drama queen?" So once again, I apologise to you for having a point of view.

As i said, drama queen. At no point have we been able to play a "whole team of Lithuanians either, nor have we ever actually done anything close to that.

As i said, drama queen. At no point have we been able to play a "whole team of Lithuanians either, nor have we ever actually done anything close to that.

Ach, you've missed the point of the whole post by being picky on one or two lines, for the record, we COULD'VE played a full team of Lithuanians had they all stayed on, thought I might have to do this so here goes...(sigh!) KURSKIS, BARASA, KANCELSKIS, ZALIUKAS, KYZS, PILIBAITIS, MIKOLIUNAS, KSANAVICIUS, JANKAUSKAS, BENIUSIS, CESNAUSKIS stick IVASKEVICIUS,VELICKA in there too. Yet another post ruined by someone only seeing what they want to see if it suits them instead of the whole point, it's a regular thing now! Think i'll just leave it to the argumentative types instead.

Ach, you've missed the point of the whole post by being picky on one or two lines, for the record, we COULD'VE played a full team of Lithuanians had they all stayed on, thought I might have to do this so here goes...(sigh!) KURSKIS, BARASA, KANCELSKIS, ZALIUKAS, KYZS, PILIBAITIS, MIKOLIUNAS, KSANAVICIUS, JANKAUSKAS, BENIUSIS, CESNAUSKIS stick IVASKEVICIUS,VELICKA in there too. Yet another post ruined by someone only seeing what they want to see if it suits them instead of the whole point, it's a regular thing now! Think i'll just leave it to the argumentative types instead.

Was Kizys not long gone before most of them? :P

Ibrahim Tall

Kizy's was long gone before any of them other Cesny/Miko came, Jankauskas & Barasa were gone before Benisius, Kurskis, Kanchelskis, Pilibaitis, Ksanavičius came to the club. So no, we couldn't have. I see what suits me? This from the person who just gave a "we're doomed!" speech over a nonsense article in the Ugandan press?

Archived