Paul Sturrock has Parkinson's Disease

tartofmidlothian

Ahhh...

Very sad... wish him all the best, horrible way to see some one struggle through their later years.

Say What Again

My grandad suffered with Parkinsons through the last 5-6 years of his life. It wasn't nice to see.

That was many years ago though and I'm sure they can do a lot more for the disease now.

Buffalo Bill

It reads to me that he's just getting on with it.

Good attitude from Luggy.

All the best to him.

Buffalo Bill

Good luck to him.

If it's a mild form then there's nothing to say he can't keep going for another 10 years or so......

Margo has been doing a good job in Parliament whilst suffering, being an MSP is challenging and in the public eye, so no reason he cannot continue to do a good job aswell. I hope he does!

Always liked Sturrock both as a player and a man (not that i knew him)

I wish him well :)

Sorry to hear, I've always liked Luggy, and for any younger fans who have only known him as a manager, he used to be a right thin wee forward and one of the most talented Scotland had.

Quality player.

The kind of player that, even playing for the opposition, you would pay to watch. I recall a European tiie during their heyday (80 or 81?), when DUFC lost 2-0 away to Borussia Munchengladbach when they were one of Europe's top teams. Nobody gave them a chance in the return. Luggy tore them apart and United won 5-0.

best wishes to Paul and his family.

ToadKiller Dog

Used to deliver sturrocks milk when i was a lad 20 years ago ,he took after his boss jim maclean was tight with the money when it came to a tip.

A decent guy

wish him and his family well.

Gillsland jack
The kind of player that, even playing for the opposition, you would pay to watch. I recall a European tiie during their heyday (80 or 81?), when DUFC lost 2-0 away to Borussia Munchengladbach when they were one of Europe's top teams. Nobody gave them a chance in the return. Luggy tore them apart and United won 5-0.

best wishes to Paul and his family.

Best wishes to Luggy, a truly fantastic player, used to love watching him for DUtd during the great euro nights, we were pish at the begining of the eighties and it was left to the ' new firm ' to challenge the ugly sisters.

He has done incredibly well down south as a manager in the lower leagues, this guy is a born winner, and he can win this battle for a long while yet, all the best Paul. GJ.

Guest jambomickey

hopefully it just be mild and won't affect his standard of life too much! wish him and his family all the best

$ilvery_Moon

I was very saddened to hear this. He's apparently kept it under wraps for quite a while. He's a hero of many other people in South Yorkshire. A lovely, honest, kind man and a true gentleman.

Archived