Pubs with Setanta in Melbourne

scottish_chicP

scottish_chicP

Hi guys

I am spending christmas and new year in Werribee a suburb of Melbourne. Anyone any ideas of any pubs there or in Melbourne city centre that will be showing the derby on 3rd Jan?

Walter Payton

Try Dickens (think that's what it's called) I've watched a boxing day derby in there before, there were a few other jambos in there. Sorry if this isn't much help, if you'd asked about Sydney I could have been far more helpful!

Hi guys

I am spending christmas and new year in Werribee a suburb of Melbourne. Anyone any ideas of any pubs there or in Melbourne city centre that will be showing the derby on 3rd Jan?

http://www.setanta.com/en/AU/Our-Venues/Venues-List/

Dunno where the Melbourne venues are or whether they show the games.

You could try getting in touch with MelbourneJambo via pm

Era Macaroons

When I was in OZ I used the RSL (Royal Servicemans League I think) , they tend to be like huge social clubs and can be found in a lot of places.

..they had access to most sport going on and would have over 10 channels on show on differant tellys...you could try there and ask for the jambos match.

But best ask the Aussie Crew.

Forres Jambo

I watched the six nations in a few irish pubs around melbourne cbd. We were ****e by then so never on setanta and it will be full of celtic fans. Best idea is to PM MelbourneJambo tho.

Dickens showed Hearts Celtic when I was there in 2001 (long before Setanta). It's a ****ing hard one to find though. Right in the middle of the financial district down an alleyway.

It was full of smelly Celtic fans too. Infact, there was one jambo there - curious if he posts on here actually...

He had been at a wedding with his bird (looked about mid 30s around the time) - he was quite quiet during the first half, then his bird went to bed and he started winding up the timmys. Bearing in mind it was about 3am he must have had a skinfull. Were you that man?

Archived