Pub Golf

ecjambo

Saturday will be my first experience of pub golf and was just wondering if anyone has played before and what kind of state I will end up in!

Heading into Edinburgh so if you see a group of people dressed up as golfers I would steer clear of them!

Ray Winstone
Saturday will be my first experience of pub golf and was just wondering if anyone has played before and what kind of state I will end up in!

Heading into Edinburgh so if you see a group of people dressed up as golfers I would steer clear of them!

Depends if you are playing 9 or 18 holes and how brutal the organiser is.

You'll end up in a right state, but it's a great laugh if you can get a big enough crowd. You will at some point lose someone or get lost yourself. What pubs are you going to?

What is pub golf????

18 Pubs. 1 Drink in each.

You get a scorecard, if it takes you two attempts to down a pint you score a 2. The winner is whoever goes round with the least amount of strokes, but by this point everyone is half cut, lost their score cards or lost each other. So really everyone wins/loses.

It's a great laugh. Most folk get dressed up in golf attire.

loveofthegame

Best drinking game around! As a student i've played it a number of times.

As previously mentioned, 18 holes is an absolute killer.The only time i've ever done the full 18 was 1 of the most drunk i've ever been. Evil!

9 holes is much better idea if you're planning on hitting a club either. Still pretty merry/hammered(depending on how much drink you can hold, im a bit of a lightweight at times) by the end of 9, but not so bad that you can't hit a club to continue the night.

Either way its a great laugh.

I felt alright after 9 having downed most of them but didn't get into a club because my eyes were all over the place apparently! 18 would be brutal.

The downside of drinking too much

There's no getting away from it - heavy drinking, especially on a regular basis, can lead to serious health problems, including:

Alcohol dependence or alcoholism

Sexual difficulties, including impotence :)

Cirrhosis of the liver or liver cancer

Pancreatitis

Stomach disorders, such as ulcers

Mood changes

Brain damage including memory loss or dementia

Certain types of cancer, especially breast cancer

Anxiety, stress, depression, poor concentration

Increased risk of heart disease and certain types of stroke

Potentially fatal alcohol poisoning

Even getting drunk occasionally can have serious consequences. It impairs your judgement and can increase risky behaviour, which could result in:

Injuries and accidents

Unsafe sex, which could result in sexually transmitted infections and unplanned pregnancies

Fights, arguments and relationship problems

Getting into trouble with the police

Not sure what pubs im going to yet or whether its 9 or 18 holes. Looking forward to it though but I can see me being in some mess. I can drink for a long period of time but downing stuff im not the best so Ill have to see how I do.

You'll end up in a right state, but it's a great laugh if you can get a big enough crowd. You will at some point lose someone or get lost yourself. What pubs are you going to?

Just found out we're starting in The Grassmarket Bar, then heading along the whole of the Grassmarket and finishing in the Oz Bar. Just the 9 holes we are going for i think so hopefully won't be too bad! Advice avoid Grassmarket from 2pm on saturday.

My wee brother played the game and he ended up in the RIE... He decided after he played it that he could not get into his flat so he decided he would put his hand through the window of the stair door which happened to have wie mesh through it... he woke up in RIE game over his keys were found in his socks after the medics stripped him (ass hole) still suffers this day with his hand.

I P Knightley
Just found out we're starting in The Grassmarket Bar, then heading along the whole of the Grassmarket and finishing in the Oz Bar. Just the 9 holes we are going for i think so hopefully won't be too bad! Advice avoid Grassmarket from 2pm on saturday.

9 holes is nothing.

Discussed on these boards only a week or two ago, each pub is a 'hole'; the par 4s are half pints; the par 5s are pints and the par 3s shorts.

If you're going to 9 pubs and having a pint in each (the only way it could get near to messy), it's not really pub golf; it's closer to what is more commonly known as a "Pub Crawl".

Sheesh! Youngsters!!

H J Simpson

There's no getting away from it - heavy drinking, especially on a regular basis, can lead to serious health problems, including:

Pancreatitis

Mood changes

Even getting drunk occasionally can have serious consequences. It impairs your judgement and can increase risky behaviour, which could result in:

Injuries and accidents

Unsafe sex, which could result in sexually transmitted infections and unplanned pregnancies

Outweighted by the positive side in that it's fun

9 holes is nothing.

Discussed on these boards only a week or two ago, each pub is a 'hole'; the par 4s are half pints; the par 5s are pints and the par 3s shots.

If you're going to 9 pubs and having a pint in each (the only way it could get near to messy), it's not really pub golf; it's closer to what is more commonly known as a "Pub Crawl".

Sheesh! Youngsters!!

Shots? Sheesh! Oldyins!

You still want to get the best score though. The way we are doing it is a pint is a Par 4 i think. So you will want to finish it in at least four attempts. Obviously if you do it in one, two or three attempts you will score under par. The last hole is a par 5 of a pint and spirit. Wouldnt say that is a pub crawl.

I P Knightley
Shots? Sheesh! Oldyins!

You still want to get the best score though. The way we are doing it is a pint is a Par 4 i think. So you will want to finish it in at least four attempts. Obviously if you do it in one, two or three attempts you will score under par. The last hole is a par 5 of a pint and spirit. Wouldnt say that is a pub crawl.

Touche

Mind - if you're starting at 2pm, you've no excuse for not getting a full 18 in.

Pancreatitis

Mood changes

Injuries and accidents

Well those two cancel each other out and as for the rest they are risks far outweighed by the fun of drinking ;)

Miller Jambo 60

Pancreatitis

Mood changes

Injuries and accidents

Did you mention suicide Ma Ha you are not playing the game.

loveofthegame

Pancreatitis

Mood changes

Injuries and accidents

:sleepy: :sleepy: :sleepy:

BOOOORING!

Anyway, im off to get pished! :mj_zivili:

Archived