Laszlo in no rush to clip Angel's wings at Hearts

Dr. Bapswent

Dr. Bapswent

http://sport.scotsman.com/football/Laszlo-in-no-rush-to.4330430.jp

CSABA LASZLO has stressed his determination to recruit an assistant manager but, for now, the Hungarian is content working with Angel Chervenkov by his side.

Laszlo is seeking a No.2 with the appropriate character and passion for Hearts and is no rush to make an appointment.

Chervenkov returned to Edinburgh last month to assist with pre-season training having been sacked as coach by Hearts' majorityADVERTISEMENTshareholder, Vladimir Romanov, last December. Since receiving a second chance in Scotland he has found a rapport with Laszlo.

Although the new manager explained he will look to appoint his own assistant in time, he made a point of endorsing Chervenkov's contribution and believes his knowledge of Scottish football will be an asset this season.

"At the moment, Angel is the assistant. He is doing a good job, he is a positive guy and he knows the Scottish league, which is an advantage for me," said Laszlo. "His communication is okay but we have the reserve team and we must also have a coach for that. The club is growing at the moment. We know that, in the past, we have made a lot of mistakes. Now it's important to learn from them.

"We know 100 per cent what we must do, on the pitch and off it. I would like people who have the right character, who show that with their body language and who have passion for the club.

"I'm happy with the people who are working with me.

"Maybe in the future we can look to take some more quality in the technical team but I don't want to do this in a hurry.

"We must look for a trainer who has the attitude and quality to work with the club. It's like a marriage."

Laszlo watched Hearts lose 1-0 to Kaiserslautern in Marburg on Friday evening.

The team's performance contained encouraging signs and the manager outlined the progress he feels has been made in recent weeks. He also discussed the tactical variations which have been a feature of his tenure so far.

"The first game in Ireland against Glentoran was maybe not the best test, but we scored a goal. Then, in the second game against Dunfermline, we had a very bad game and played very bad football," he said. "The first game in Germany was not against the strongest team and we won 6-0, but I think Kaiserslautern was the first real test for the team against a very good side. I was quite happy with a lot of what I saw.

"I think 4-4-2 must be our basic system. We have played 4-2-3-1, but I have told the team they must know how to play two or three different tactical systems. We have the players to play these systems and I have tried 4-4-2 in a line, 4-4-2 in a diamond and some others. I want the team to be adaptable."

:rofl:

He's a master at polishing the turds he is given isn't he! So much so that they almost seem shiny!

Hopefully he is as good at picking football players!:)

Guest JamboRobbo

No comment.

Okay I can't resist. Angel knows the Scottish League? Aye, he knows how to get us to the bottom of it by Christmas anyway.....

Guest jambomickey

if it's csaba's decision we just got to back his judgement! if it's been pushed onto him we got the same problems as before. but everything so far has been positive.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Fantastic. :rolleyes:

The committee is back. Oh well, so much for the optimism. :(

Buffalo Bill

It seems that Csaba is busy getting on with things, adapting to his surroundings and working with what he's been given.

It's vital that he can turn things around for Hearts with his positive attitude and hard work ethic.

But he also needs to get along with Romanov. Let's not forget this.

Buffalo Bill

portobellojambo1

Unfortunately for everything positive that he has said to date Csaba Laszlo has shot himself in the foot with one small statement, "he (Cervenkov) knows Scottish football". He is now back to square one and has to convince people his words are not being controlled. The fact is, and it became painfully obvious during the period he was in charge, Cervenkov knows feck all about Scottish football and should be nowhere near Tynecastle.

CornhillHearts

Think Angel played football at a high level for CSK with Stoichkev so has a bit more credibility than a lot of you lot give him, shrewd move by Romanov/Csaba in my opinion.

The first Csaba speech I have disagreed with

The question is - has he been told to say this?

It isnt exactly a glowing endorsement

Think Angel played football at a high level for CSK with Stoichkev so has a bit more credibility than a lot of you lot give him, shrewd move by Romanov/Csaba in my opinion.

And he managed at a very low level taking us to second bottom last season, widely disliked by the players.

Guest JamboRobbo

Why did we get rid of him then?

Buffalo Bill

Maybe Csaba likes Angel even if you and I don't?

Buffalo Bill

He probably just doesn't want to go into a job and start removing people from their posts willy nilly. If he gets along with the guy and he thinks he has done well in the role so far, it's up to him if he wants his as his assistant.

Guest JamboRobbo

It's looking to me like Csaba is doing his best to work with what is given to him and make a go of it (apologies for stealing that BB :smile:) , and he deserves a lot of credit for that

Unfortunately, the signs are starting to appear which suggest he's going to have to work within at least some of the same confines that caused problems for other managers......look at Kaunus players, use diddy assistants who can report back to Vlad.

The question is, where does it end.

Seymour M Hersh
And he managed at a very low level taking us to second bottom last season, widely disliked by the players.

Was he? I had not heard that. I suppose Csaba is correct in saying he (Angel) has more experience of the game here than himself. Perhaps it will be a help to him but at least he is still talking about bringing his own no. 2 in in due course. I'd rather have seen the back of Angel though.

Maybe Csaba likes Angel even if you and I don't?

Buffalo Bill

...or the players.

He wants his own assistant, its clear he hasnt been allowed to go and get the guy he had in mind. Fair enough, these things might happen.

Angel knows nothing about Scottish football as he proved last year. He is not an asset in any way.

Ryan Gosling

This is clearly a sign of Mad Vlad meddling. Csaba is just another puppet and we'll be relegated.

Guest JamboRobbo
So Angel is the current assistant. Oh wonderful.

This reminds me of Fast Eddie being here for pre-season. What harm can it do.

Was thinking the same mate. What harm can it do eh. I heard the same re Malofeev last year.

Was he? I had not heard that. I suppose Csaba is correct in saying he (Angel) has more experience of the game here than himself. Perhaps it will be a help to him but at least he is still talking about bringing his own no. 2 in in due course. I'd rather have seen the back of Angel though.

I think some guys on here that know a couple of players indicated that Angel wasnt well liked at all. If I am wrong I apologise.

Angel's experience of Scottish football took us to being propped up only by Gretna.

Its like Burley bringing on board Vogts to assist him with the Scotland job because he had experience with Scotland at international level

Csaba has oozed passion and belief when he has spoke to date

What he says about Angel is much more "scripted" lets say!

Csaba being allowed his own assistant was one thing I have always said would start to show and prove things had changed at Hearts for the better.

I dont think Csaba can turn things around on his own, with exactly the same supporting cast as last season.

But as I will keep on seeing - lets get the real action started so we can properly measure up if we are progressing

Ryan Gosling

I bet the videos of Csaba drilling the players, and laughing with Tam Ritchie, and making notes about tactics and formations have all been staged.

When the cameras go off, Csaba is told to leave and Angel phones Malofeev for advice on how to set up the piggy back race.

PUPIT.

Dr. Bapswent
Unfortunately for everything positive that he has said to date Csaba Laszlo has shot himself in the foot with one small statement, "he (Cervenkov) knows Scottish football". He is now back to square one and has to convince people his words are not being controlled. The fact is, and it became painfully obvious during the period he was in charge, Cervenkov knows feck all about Scottish football and should be nowhere near Tynecastle.

I would read this as, he knows more about Scottissh football than me.

Which is true i guess.

Dr. Bapswent
It seems that Csaba is busy getting on with things, adapting to his surroundings and working with what he's been given.

It's vital that he can turn things around for Hearts with his positive attitude and hard work ethic.

But he also needs to get along with Romanov. Let's not forget this.

Buffalo Bill

Exactly,

Are people waiting on him denouncing Romanov or his other associates publically?

Just becuase thats thier opinion?

He is doing a job, and to do so, he will have to compromise at certain levels, just like everyone lese does. And if one of those compromises keeps him sweet with his employer (but not to the detriment of his ability to do his job) then good on him i say, cos thats the right thing to do.

I bet the videos of Csaba drilling the players, and laughing with Tam Ritchie, and making notes about tactics and formations have all been staged.

When the cameras go off, Csaba is told to leave and Angel phones Malofeev for advice on how to set up the piggy back race.

PUPIT.

Things appear better no doubt

2 weeks ago Csaba said he was working on getting his assistant in.

I dont think it should be underestimated just how important it is for a football manager to have an assistant he can completely trust and turn to and seek advice from etc

Whilst Csaba remains with only Angel and I'matoly to turn to we should be a little concerned that Csaba's laudible aims and messages will be harder to achieve.

Angel's wings might not be clipped, but Csaba's might be

Ray Winstone

PUPIT.

I heard he was not even there - he is photoshopped into all the training photographs.

He has never been near the squad or Riccarton.

Jambof3tornado

No problems with this arrangement. Whats to say the man he wants as no2 isnt available yet,or he wants to learned more about the scottish game before choosing a no2.

Stop looking for a negative in everything that is said or done by Hearts,some of you folk need to wake up. Romanov is here long term,endof.:)

Exactly,

Are people waiting on him denouncing Romanov or his other associates publically?

Just becuase thats thier opinion?

He is doing a job, and to do so, he will have to compromise at certain levels, just like everyone lese does. And if one of those compromises keeps him sweet with his employer (but not to the detriment of his ability to do his job) then good on him i say, cos thats the right thing to do.

This isnt about Csaba

This is about Csaba being allowed to implement what sounds like a pretty damn sound philosophy and methodology without hindrance.

Ryan Gosling
I heard he was not even there - he is photoshopped into all the training photographs.

He has never been near the squad or Riccarton.

He doesn't actually exist.

He's a doppleganger employed by Romanov. Always has been, even when he was kicked by Robbo.

That was then the plan started.

Ryan Gosling
"At the moment, Angel is the assistant. He is doing a good job, he is a positive guy and he knows the Scottish league, which is an advantage for me," said Laszlo. "His communication is okay but we have the reserve team and we must also have a coach for that. The club is growing at the moment. We know that, in the past, we have made a lot of mistakes. Now it's important to learn from them.

"We know 100 per cent what we must do, on the pitch and off it. I would like people who have the right character, who show that with their body language and who have passion for the club.

"I'm happy with the people who are working with me.

"Maybe in the future we can look to take some more quality in the technical team but I don't want to do this in a hurry.

"We must look for a trainer who has the attitude and quality to work with the club. It's like a marriage."

A ringing endorsement if ever I've seen one.

Ray Winstone
He doesn't actually exist.

He's a doppleganger employed by Romanov. Always has been, even when he was kicked by Robbo.

That was then the plan started.

It all seems so obvious.

I bet that is when Pressley started engineering his move to Celtic as well.

It all fits.

Dr. Bapswent
This isnt about Csaba

This is about Csaba being allowed to implement what sounds like a pretty damn sound philosophy and methodology without hindrance.

In the exact same way it isnt about you, or what you want.

Its about him doing what he wants.

and dont see much evidence to suggest he hasnt been allowed to do exactly what he wants.

Guest JamboRobbo
I dont see much evidence to suggest he hasnt been allowed to do exactly what he wants.

Aye, Csaba was only joking when prior to his meeting with Vlad, he said he wanted to bring in his own assistant, and he knew who it was.

I dont see much evidence to suggest he hasnt been allowed to do exactly what he wants.

2 weeks ago he wanted an assistant. He indicated he knew who that was

Now he is more amibiguous, and suggests he doesnt know who it is.

Sounds like a veto from his boss to me over the guy he wanted.

It doesnt sound to me as if he wants Angel to be his assistant

Can anyone explain to me what is so challenging about "knowing Scottish football"? Do we play according to different rules, with a different number of players per team, or a different shaped ball? :rolleyes:

Dr. Bapswent
Aye, Csaba was only joking when prior to his meeting with Vlad, he said he wanted to bring in his own assistant, and he knew who it was.

Sheesh....

And now he says something different....so maybe he changed his mind.

That is ok isnt it?

or does it suggest malevolent powers at work destroying Csaba from the inside out.....MWAHAHAHHAHAAA

Dr. Bapswent
2 weeks ago he wanted an assistant. He indicated he knew who that was

Now he is more amibiguous, and suggests he doesnt know who it is.

Sounds like a veto from his boss to me over the guy he wanted.

It doesnt sound to me as if he wants Angel to be his assistant

Sounds like...but you dont know.

Ill go with what Csaba says if thats ok.

Id also suggest the fact the artcile says - Laszlo is seeking a No.2 with the appropriate character and passion for Hearts and is no rush to make an appointment.

Conveniently overlooked in the rush to cry SCANDAL SCANDAL about something.

Dirk Diggler

Maybe having worked with Cervenkov for 2 weeks, Csaba realises bringing in a number 2 isn't quite the priority he thought it was a fortnight ago?

portobellojambo1
I would read this as, he knows more about Scottissh football than me.

Which is true i guess.

There is no denying that fact, he has been in Scotland longer than Laszlo has, but does that automatically qualify him as the right person to be his assistant. Malofeev has been in Scotland longer than Laszlo, should we find a full time place for him again. I don't doubt that on this occasion he is being diplomatic, but in relation to HMFC I am not really looking for the manager to be diplomatic with regards to selection, be it his assistant or players on the park, I am looking, or hoping, for him making the right picks, picks that will benefit HMFC. I am not, even remotely, convinced we need Cervenkov at Tynecastle, but that is only an opinion.

Guest JamboRobbo
Sheesh....

And now he says something different....so maybe he changed his mind.

That is ok isnt it?

Yes. Maybe he changed his mind.

But maybe he didnt? Maybe he was told by Vlad (or Korobothcup on Vlads behalf) to work with the coaches that are there, and is doing his best to keep everyone happy? Thats possible isn't it?

IMO, Interference from above is the most likely explanation based on the evidence available (Vlads track record, & Csaba's comments before and after the meeting). I don't think that is unreasonable or a paranoid view as you seem to be trying to suggest.

or does it suggest malevolent powers at work destroying Csaba from the inside out.....MWAHAHAHHAHAAA

To me, it suggests the same stuff is still going on that so many people on here denied was happening for a good couple of years. Vlad sticking his nose into what should be the managers business.

Still, I'm just paranoid. Vlad would never interfere in the managers business would he. :rolleyes:

Sounds like...but you dont know.

Ill go with what Csaba says if thats ok.

Id also suggest the fact the artcile says - Laszlo is seeking a No.2 with the appropriate character and passion for Hearts and is no rush to make an appointment.

Conveniently overlooked in the rush to cry SCANDAL SCANDAL about something.

Its a concern to me.

That is all

Dr. Bapswent
There is no denying that fact, he has been in Scotland longer than Laszlo has, but does that automatically qualify him as the right person to be his assistant. Malofeev has been in Scotland longer than Laszlo, should we find a full time place for him again. I don't doubt that on this occasion he is being diplomatic, but in relation to HMFC I am not really looking for the manager to be diplomatic with regards to selection, be it his assistant or players on the park, I am looking, or hoping, for him making the right picks, picks that will benefit HMFC. I am not, even remotely, convinced we need Cervenkov at Tynecastle, but that is only an opinion.

Im not saying it does or does not qualify him.

...but if Csaba is ok with it, its a better qualification that some fans on KB not liking it and wanting to read some kind of consipracy theory into it.

We dont pick the team, or the staff .... so really need to get over the fact we cant simply have who we want at the club.

Dr. Bapswent
Yes. Maybe he changed his mind.

But maybe he didnt? Maybe he was told by Vlad (or Korobothcup on Vlads behalf) to work with the coaches that are there, and is doing his best to keep everyone happy? Thats possible isn't it?

IMO, Interference from above is the most likely explanation based on the evidence available (Vlads track record, & Csaba's comments before and after the meeting). I don't think that is unreasonable or a paranoid view as you seem to be trying to suggest.

To me, it suggests the same stuff is still going on that so many people on here denied was happening for a good couple of years. Vlad sticking his nose into what should be the managers business.

Still, I'm just paranoid. Vlad would never interfere in the managers business would he. :rolleyes:

Ill let Csaba answer that.

He probably just doesn't want to go into a job and start removing people from their posts willy nilly. If he gets along with the guy and he thinks he has done well in the role so far, it's up to him if he wants his as his assistant.

Well he doesn't seem to think twice about coming in and telling players they are free to go if they don't shape up, why not assistants?

Anytime I have seen a manager come into a new club, they have invariably brought their own assistants and coaches - Csaba wanted to bring his in until now - it's pretty much the norm. I can't see why people are not thinking this might be a problem?

Dr. Bapswent
Its a concern to me.

That is all

As it is to us all.

Its just pointless always looking for a reason that things are going to go wrong.

If Csaba says one thing, ill go along with that, untill PROOF of otherwise. And at that point ill be happy to acknowledge the fact.

There is no point expecting the worst on the offchance of being proved right just to be able to say you knew it all along and were prepared. (not meaning you specifically)

That just makes it impossible to fully support what is said in the first place...and what does that win you?

Guest JamboRobbo
Ill let Csaba answer that.

Fair enough.

IMO, It's going to stifle debate quite a bit on here if we all just accept every word that comes out of the clubs as fact, and don't debate the ins ad outs of anything, which seems to be what you are suggesting?

Guest JamboRobbo
As it is to us all.

So why are we arguing then? All I'm saying is it's a concern to me. I don't think thats unreasonable.

Dr. Bapswent
Well he doesn't seem to think twice about coming in and telling players they are free to go if they don't shape up, why not assistants?

Anytime I have seen a manager come into a new club, they have invariably brought their own assistants and coaches - Csaba wanted to bring his in until now - it's pretty much the norm. I can't see why people are not thinking this might be a problem?

Because maybe he doesnt want to!!

Why are you assuming he wants rid of Angel? when he even says the oppposite.

Why do people on here think that thier opinion of the situation is right, in the face of what the person this is all about is saying the opposite?

Archived