The Kaunas link

Csabas the man

Csabas the man

i personally feel the kaunas link could maybe work,

if Csaba is givin the chance to take a gd player from them i would be delighted

is any1 worried about the link?

Gigolo-Aunt

Csaba should use every channel available to look at players, the accademy or Kaunas.

Problems arrise if a player comes across from Kaunas that Csaba does not want.

If Csaba watches Kaunas v Rangers and asks to get the number 8 as he thinks he could do a job - thats cool with me.

Professor.Arturo

I wont say anything about fishing hobos.

A decent player from Kaunas, under the coaching of Csaba, and playing if he merits it...then I dont have a problem with that.

The Comedian

Yes. I don't know what the ratio Is but Velicka is the only player from Kaunas who I would say was worth It. Another 20 or so have been rubbish. Why bother anymore? These players very rarely Improve our side as proven.

Guest JamboRobbo
1 decent player in 3.1/2 year suggests it doesn't work.

If we just took their best player every 3.5 years, it probably would work. It's all the other ****e we take every other year thats the problem.

If we signed half the East Fife team each year, they wouldn't be good enough. I don't see why anyone expects different from Kaunus.

Gigolo-Aunt
Yes. I don't know what the ratio Is but Velicka is the only player from Kaunas who I would say was worth It. Another 20 or so have been rubbish. Why bother anymore? These players very rarely Improve our side as proven.

Its not as cut and dry as that.

It has been proven that sending over a player who is not goon enough results in problems.

If Csaba is given a choice, it could still be a good thing.

ToadKiller Dog

I think in terms of Lithuanian nationals we should look to get the best 2 or 3 of the lituanian 16/17 year olds over here and developing within our own youth academy ,so if they do become good we can benifit and if not we return to kaunas a developed player who would benifit there team at there leagues level.

Only a Game

Jesus !!!.

If there is ONE major issue that fans have been worried about for the last 3 years its that one

The Comedian
Its not as cut and dry as that.

It has been proven that sending over a player who is not goon enough results in problems.

If Csaba is given a choice, it could still be a good thing.

If Csaba is given the choice then going by the vast majority of Kaunas recruits he won't want any of them. I doubt it will be though but let's see.

Gigolo-Aunt
If Csaba is given the choice then going by the vast majority of Kaunas recruits he won't want any of them. I doubt it will be though but let's see.

No harm in looking at all the options available, is there?

Guest JamboRobbo

Nope. The harm is when the manager is forced, or even encouraged, to take some of those muppets when he doesn't really want to. Or even forced to spend time looking at Kaunus players, meaning we don't have time left to do exactly what you say - look at ALL the options available, including players that DON'T play for Kuanus.

Lets face it, if Kaunus had a STAR, we'd almost certainly know all about him by now. In fact, he'd almost certainly already be here.

So all we're really looking at is maybe they have a squad player or two. And squad players is NOT what we need right now.

I'd rather the little time our manager has to find players before the season starts was focussed on finding players from a decent level of football, rather than watching low level teams like Kaunus in the hope that we might get lucky and find a player who isn't totally rubbish.

Lets be honest, if Vlad didn't have ties with Kaunus, we wouldn't even dream of looking there. So we're not looking there because the have the best players available, at the best possible price for HMFC, we're looking there because Vlad sponsors Kaunus.

I think we should be out looking for the best possible players for HMFC, regardless of nationality, and regardless of which team they play for. Raiding the same team over and over every transfer window, is hardly looking all over for the best possible signings is it?

Do you really think they have stars over there that we've missed every transfer window for the past few years?

The Comedian

No harm at all mate. I just find the likelihood of him seeing a useful player within their side remote. We've been plundering the vast resource that is Kaunas for sometime and have next to nothing to show for it.

What's the crack with the boy Ledesma (sp) ?

Is he another Velicka or another Benny ?

Guest JamboRobbo

He's another Gogua.

Gigolo-Aunt
Nope. The harm is when the manager is forced, or even encouraged, to take some of those muppets when he doesn't really want to. Or even forced to spend time looking at Kaunus players, meaning we don't have time left to do exactly what you say - look at ALL the options available, including players that DON'T play for Kuanus.

Lets face it, if Kaunus had a STAR, we'd almost certainly know all about him by now. In fact, he'd almost certainly already be here.

So all we're really looking at is maybe they have a squad player or two. And squad players is NOT what we need right now.

I'd rather the little time our manager has to find players before the season starts was focussed on finding players from a decent level of football, rather than watching low level teams like Kaunus in the hope that we might get lucky and find a player who isn't totally rubbish.

Lets be honest, if Vlad didn't have ties with Kaunus, we wouldn't even dream of looking there. So we're not looking there because the have the best players available, at the best possible price for HMFC, we're looking there because Vlad sponsors Kaunus.

I think we should be out looking for the best possible players for HMFC, regardless of nationality, and regardless of which team they play for. Raiding the same team over and over every transfer window, is hardly looking all over for the best possible signings is it?

Do you really think they have stars over there that we've missed every transfer window for the past few years?

Like I said, if Csaba is thrown a player he does not want - we have problems.

If Csaba asks to take a player he likes - whats the big problem?

Better than Velicka. No chance of a WP though.

Well the problem will be ours, in knowing which of the above will apply when a new Kaunas player comes in.

Guest JamboRobbo

No problem if Csaba sees a player he likes.

But what about any of the points I made?

What are the chances of us finding a star at Kaunus? Slim to none?

So why waste the little time we have even bothering to look there?

Do you think we missed someone last year?

Can't you see why HMFC would have a better chance of finding a better player by looking at ALL options, not wasting time looking through the same Kaunus squad every transfer window?

Gigolo-Aunt
Lots of things are nice in theory, whilst the reality of the situation are very different.

Vlad has forced players on every single manager. It needs to stop.

I would be shocked if Csabab ever came to the situtaion where he wanted say player A from Kaunas over player B from another club.

He may will take some from Kaunas because its handy or to reach some form of compromise, however, I geniunely doubt a situation will ever arise where he geniunely wants some from Kaunas.

We need to stop football neptism.

I also think we should probably trying to kid ourself that there is no harm to it. It has been a disasterous link up.

I honestly think any new manager, regardless of who it was would look at Kaunas and assess their squad to see if anyone can improve on what we have.

Do you think McGhee would have said from the start "I am not even looking at them"?

Dont get me wrong, If a player comes over who Csaba has to take, and does not have a choice - lessons have not been learned.

Untill such a time, (and you may turn out to be right)- not going to get upset by things.

Gigolo-Aunt

Can't you see why HMFC would have a better chance of finding a better player by looking at ALL options, not wasting time looking through the same Kaunus squad every transfer window?

Why does a player have to be a "star"? - do Hearts only sign stars? Is Banks a star? is Berra a star?

A competitive game is already in the post with Kaunas and Rangers - do you think it would not be foolish to take a look and see what is on offer?

Is the Kaunas squad the exact same as it was last year?

Who said we are not looking at all options? Surely looking at all options would also cover looking at Kaunas players?

we should use the link both ways... how about sending copil and other youngsters over there to get a taste of first team action... take a couple of their good players to play in the reserves for a month or so then decide then.. the Bennyuseless affair was the link at it's worst... a good goal scorer thrown into the first game of the season against our city rivals (Hibs not edinburgh city ;)).. he had no chance

Guest JamboRobbo
Why does a player have to be a "star"? - do Hearts only sign stars? Is Banks a star? is Berra a star?

A competitive game is already in the post with Kaunas and Rangers - do you think it would not be foolish to take a look and see what is on offer?

I'm pretty sure the majority will be the same players we've already looked at. Do you think they have a whole new squad every season or something?

If somone came and took Hearts best two or thre players, and came back the next year, do you not think they'd have a bit less to choose from?

Who said we are not looking at all options? Surely looking at all options would also cover looking at Kaunas players?

Yes, but why, EVERY transfer window, does HMFC manager have to spend time re-assessing the Kaunus squad? WE looked at them last year. We took their "best" players. They weren't even very good!

There are millions of football teams out there. Spending time assessing the same squad every year is hardly maximising our chances is it?

We have less than two weeks till the start of the season, and our manager is gonna waste time having a look at Kaunus. AGAIN. A team who'se best players we've already taken every year for the past 3 years.

If you wanted to buy say a piece of exotic fruit that was difficult to find, would you waste time going back to the same shop every day, even though you know they didn't have what you were looking for the day before? Or would you look all over at different shops to try and maximise your chances?

To be honest GA this looking at kaunas players does my head in. We already have 5 or 6 ? on loan who are supposed to be their best players. Are we really saying that they are sending us the pish and keeping the best ?

I hope that this looking at players exercise is just Csaba playing happy families with VR. :)

Only a Game

Yes, but why, EVERY transfer window, does HMFC manager have to spend time re-assessing the Kaunus squad? WE looked at them last year. We took their "best" players. They weren't even very good!

There are millions of football teams out there. Spending time assessing the same squad every year is hardly maximising our chances is it?

We have less than two weeks till the start of the season, and our manager is gonna waste time having a look at Kaunus. A team who'se best players we've already taken every year for the past 3 years.

He'd probably be going to have a look at Rangers in any case, since we play them in 3 weeks.

Guest JamboRobbo
He'd probably be going to have a look at Rangers in any case, since we play them in 3 weeks.

A fair point, but if he's looking at Rangers, he would be focussing on Rangers rather than Kaunus surely. :P

Gigolo-Aunt
I'm pretty sure the majority will be the same players we've already looked at. Do you think they have a whole new squad every season or something?

If somone came and took Hearts best two or thre players, and came back the next year, do you not think they'd have a bit less to choose from?

We have less than two weeks till the start of the season, and our manager is gonna waste time having a look at Kaunus. A team who'se best players we've already taken every year for the past 3 years.

If you wanted to buy say a piece of exotic fruit that was difficult to find, would you waste time going back to the same shop every day, even though you know they didn't have it the day before? Or would you look all over at different shops to try and maximise your chances?

I have no idea of the turnover from last years squad. You could hazard a guess that there is new players from last time though.

If someone came and signed 3 of Hearts best players last year, you would think that they were replaces with others? So there COULD be new guys worth looking at?

If Csaba has ****ed off to Kaunas to look at them and left the Hearts training camp, I would be rather upset - from what he has said, he is going to the Rangers v Kaunas game to look - It will also do him good to look at Rangers.

There are indeed millions of teams out there. We have signed a Ugandan player who was not attached to Kaunas as well as having a Danish chap who kicks a ball in Italy over at the moment. This would seem that we are indeed looking at other options rather than only looking to Kaunas or the pyramid.

As for the exotic piece of fruit- it was in stock once - we ended up loosing it to the fridge freezer section - which kind of ****ed us off as the time.

The record aint great - maybe as non footballing people were making a decisions on who should be coming over.

Guest JamboRobbo
I have no idea of the turnover from last years squad. You could hazard a guess that there is new players from last time though.

If someone came and signed 3 of Hearts best players last year, you would think that they were replaces with others? So there COULD be new guys worth looking at?

Yes, there could be guys worth looking at again, but is it likely? Is a team that we've raided time after time already, and found mostly players who can be described as mediocre at best, really the best possible place to look for more players?

If Csaba has ****ed off to Kaunas to look at them and left the Hearts training camp, I would be rather upset - from what he has said, he is going to the Rangers v Kaunas game to look - It will also do him good to look at Rangers.

There are indeed millions of teams out there. We have signed a Ugandan player who was not attached to Kaunas as well as having a Danish chap who kicks a ball in Italy over at the moment. This would seem that we are indeed looking at other options rather than only looking to Kaunas or the pyramid.

As for the exotic piece of fruit- it was in stock once - we ended up loosing it to the fridge freezer section - which kind of ****ed us off as the time.

The record aint great - maybe as non footballing people were making a decisions on who should be coming over.

I just don't believe that looking at Kaunus over and over again is the best way to get the best possible players to HMFC. It's done to keep Vlad happy, not because they have the best possible players available.

Gigolo-Aunt
No I don't. That said it doesn't make it right.

Do you think if Vlad wants someone across and the managers doesn't, Vlad won't get his way?

Then manager says I ain't playing that boy. Vlad will not be happy.

I ain't getting upset and I don't think many are. However, i just don't think we should kid ourselves on that there is no harm wiith the connection there clearly is.

Time will tell but the fact that he is allready mentioning Kaunas does it not make you think? I can't help but think we're being fore warned.

FTK

If Csaba is forced in to taking a player - Im not so sure he will accept it as Ivan and the rest of the gang did.

For me, if it was to happen - the sooner Vlad sells up the better - as previous lessons have clearly not been learned.

Only a Game
A fair point, but if he's looking at Rangers, he would be focussing on Rangers rather than Kaunus surely. :P

Hopefully he's killing two birds with one stone. He sees Rangers and he sees that no one in the Kaunus team would improve us, and has the balls to tell Vlad (he might as well get it out the way early doors because he's undoubtedly going to be asked to take some of them at some stage)

Guest JamboRobbo
Hopefully he's killing two birds with one stone. He sees Rangers and he sees that no one in the Kaunus team would improve us, and has the balls to tell Vlad (he might as well get it out the way early doors because he's undoubtedly going to be asked to take some of them at some stage)

I hope you're right. Someone else mentioned Csaba might be giving the Kaunus players enough rope to hang themselves. Lets hope Csaba is clever enough to be playing that game.

Gigolo-Aunt

JR, I have no idea how likely it is that there is a player worth looking at from their turnover from the last time we looked.

But as you said yourself, we need to look at all options available.

And as I said above (which you never replied too) we have brought in one and possibly two from outwith the pyramid.

Accademy players have been promoted to the Germany squad. Options looked at.

Ugandan chap plus Danish chap. Options looked at.

Checking out Kanuas to see if there is a player worth taking. Options looked at.

Seems to me we are looking at all options.

Guest JamboRobbo
I have no idea how likely it is that there is a player worth looking at from their turnover from the last time we looked.

But as you said yourself, we need to look at all options available.

And as I said above (which you never replied too) we have brought in one and possibly two from outwith the pyramid.

Accademy players have been promoted to the Germany squad. Options looked at.

Ugandan chap plus Danish chap. Options looked at.

Checking out Kanuas to see if there is a player worth taking. Options looked at.

Seems to me we are looking at all options.

And I've made a lot of points above which you never replied to either.

You keep making the point "could there be a player at Kaunus that Csaba might like". I've already acknowledged that there could be, however unlikely. So that is a given. I agree with you - there could be. Can we take that point as a given now?

My point, which you seem to be ignoring, is not whether there might be a player for us at Kaunus, but whether Kaunus is the BEST place for us to be spending our time looking? I think you're ignoring that point, because we all know the answer and it's not a very comfortable one.

No, Kaunus is not the best possible place for us to look to find players for HMFC, but there is nothing we as fans can do about it.

Gigolo-Aunt
And I've made a lot of points above which you never replied to either.

You keep making the point "could there be a player at Kaunus that Csaba might like". I've already acknowledged that there could be, however unlikely. So that is a given. I agree with you - there could be.

My point, which you keep ignoring, is not whether there might be a player for us at Kaunus, but whether Kaunus is the BEST place for us to be spending our time looking? I think you're ignoring that point, because we all know the answer.

No, Kaunus is not the best possible place for us to look to find players for HMFC.

Im not ignoring anything.

Why is Kaunas not the best place? We both admitted that they have been plundered in the past, but we then both agreed that we dont know much about their present squad.

Whats wrong with Casaba looking at them as well as Rangers? Do you think he is incapable to scout Rangers as well as checking on Kaunas players at the same time?

You talked of "ALL" options available.

Some young lads have benefited from Csaba. Some players outwith the pyramid have benefited from Csaba - surely ignoring Kaunas is not using "ALL" options?

Where is this "Best" holy grail place to look?

Guest JamboRobbo
Im not ignoring anything.

Why is Kaunas not the best place? We both admitted that they have been plundered in the past, but we then both agreed that we dont know much about their present squad.

For all the reasons I listed above.

a) we've raided them over and over already and mostly got duds or mediocre players, with 1 exception

B) they are a lower level team than us, and as such, will be unlikely to have a load of players ready to play at a higher level. Just as Raith or Hamilton wouldn't have 3 or 4 players ready to play for Hearts every year, neither will Kaunus.

Whats wrong with Casaba looking at them as well as Rangers? Do you think he is incapable to scout Rangers as well as checking on Kaunas players at the same time?

You talked of "ALL" options available.

Some young lads have benefited from Csaba. Some players outwith the pyramid have benefited from Csaba - surely ignoring Kaunas is not using "ALL" options?

I'm not saying ignore Kaunus. I'm saying we looked there recently, so lets look somewhere else, and check back at Kaunus later on. That is what any sensible club would do in any situation.

Like I said with the piece of fruit. If you couldn't find it in a shop, you wouldn't keep going back to the same shop over and over in the hope they got it in one day. You'd shop around. And looking at Kaunus over and over is not shopping around.

Gigolo-Aunt
Not sure it happens that way. Remember GB had players forced on him and was not allowed to send a rosy cheeked young scamp back.

I would imagine it goes something like this.

Vlad: Did you see anyone you like.

Csaba: No, but never mind I have a couple of guys lined up who would do a job.

Vlad: Fair enough let me see what I can do there. However, what did you think about No 28.

Csaba: He was okay but nothing special.

Vlad: The guy has been amazing this year just had a bad game. Me and my football consultants think he could go far.

Csaba: Thats good. Anyway what about Rudi from Southampton?

Vlad: I tell you what why don't we just bring No 28 across on loan. You don't have to play him or anything, just lets you have look at him. Worst case scenario give you a bit of squad cover.

Csaba: I'd rather not.

Vlad: I here you, but what harm can it do. Its not like I'm going to tell you to play him. It doesn't work out we can send him back.

Csaba: Mmm I don't think its a good idea I would rather have someone else.

Vlad: Do you not trust me. What harm can it do.

Csaba: Okay, but if he's mince I can send him back.

Vlad: Off course.

Fast forward 3 months and you can guess the rest.

I think the interefernce has always been a relatively gradual process. Remember whenever we get a new manager always seems he has a free reign at the start.

Never turns out that way.

Anyway time will tell.

Hehehehehehehhe

Indeed time will tell.

Csaba gets my benefit untill such a point where I think he has been corrupted though.

Welcome Pilabatis again. If this player does well against Rangers, expect him back at Tynie. The only Lith that wasn't given a fair chance because of injury.

Gigolo-Aunt
For all the reasons I listed above.

a) we've raided them over and over already and mostly got duds or mediocre players, with 1 exception

B) they are a lower level team than us, and as such, will be unlikely to have a load of players ready to play at a higher level. Just as Raith or Hamilton wouldn't have 3 or 4 players ready to play for Hearts every year, neither will Kaunus.

I'm not saying ignore Kaunus. I'm saying we looked there recently, so lets look somewhere else, and check back at Kaunus later on. That is what any sensible club would do in any situation.

Like I said with the piece of fruit. If you couldn't find it in a shop, you wouldn't keep going back to the same shop over and over in the hope they got it in one day. You'd shop around. And looking at Kaunus over and over is not shopping around.

Who said 3 or 4 players? Even I would admit thats pretty ambitious as the quality which has come over so far would suggest that the quality is not there in that number.

Would be happy with one who add's somthing to what we have. As we both agreed, we have no idea of the Kaunas sqaud - so there is a chance. There is also a chance there is not.

No harm done. Lets check "ALL" the options.

:)

Bringing in Ruben ,Karapidis, Kinsgton,Ugandan chap and now the Danish lad on trial would suggest to me we are looking around a bit rather than just looking at the Kaunas fruit shop.

Not to mention promoting some of the young lads to the "A" squad for the Germany trip.

Drylaw Hearts
Welcome Pilabatis again. If this player does well against Rangers, expect him back at Tynie. The only Lith that wasn't given a fair chance because of injury.

He was shiiite.

Probably still is.

siegementality

In a nutshell.

Big question for me is not the "next star" out of Kaunus, but when do we get rid of the dead wood that is already here?

Imeantasong
Big question for me is not the "next star" out of Kaunus, but when do we get rid of the dead wood that is already here?

Yes. Not forgetting we have a few Kaunas "stars" still on our books who we shouldn't.

Maybe emptying and reducing a talent lacking over-sized squad is needed before we dampen all the other players' spirits with another influx.

One match at Ibrox is not talking Csaba out from assessing other targets probably, with the added advantage he can cast an eye over soon-to-be opponents.

But come on, the obsessing over picking up Kaunas players seems madness if you go by the proof or recent history, and the present.

Let Csaba bring in his own staff. Let them be trusted to have a one-off run the eye over them. Then leave it.

Unless of course a potential superstar comes into their youth ranks. Someone who the football community rates, not merely Vlad and his Yahoo scouring experts.

I'm sure he would come onto our radar.

There are footballing nations out there. Some in Europe with no work permit problems. And probably good young players who are hungry (they won't all be Copils), and come from a footballing background.

There are up-and-coming players in the UK if you have the right people scouting.

Just don't waste too much time on the ever empty pool that is Kaunas.

Charlie-Brown

This is one of the most un-thinking posts I've read on JKB - which football team squad is the same from year to year?

Even at Hearts for example 1 year Hartley & Pressley played for the team the next year they didn't..whilst at the same time 1 year Larry Kingston & Eggert Jonnson or Andy Driver didn't play in Hearts team the next year they did.

All football teams squads develop & change over time JR - players arrive, players leave, some players improve or develop - others start to decline - at no football club i know is form or faces static in the way you suggested - these things are always fluctuating and changing.

This is one of the most un-thinking posts I've read on JKB - which football team squad is the same from year to year?

Even at Hearts for example 1 year Hartley & Pressley played for the team the next year they didn't..whilst at the same time 1 year Larry Kingston & Eggert Jonnson or Andy Driver didn't play in Hearts team the next year they did.

All football teams squads develop & change over time JR - players arrive, players leave, some players improve or develop - others start to decline - at no football club i know is form or faces static in the way you suggested - these things are always fluctuating and changing.

Football clubs certainly change from year to year of that there is no doubt. Despite this though we get the same pish form Kaunas year after year. I can't work it out. :confused:

Charlie-Brown

The order in which the manager should look & decide to find suitable new players should be

1. Hearts Academy / Youth system

2. Romanov owned or sponsored teams

3. Bosman free transfer lists

4. Other teams players

Given Hearts poor financial position this is the most cost efficient way of looking to sign new players and only if we can't find a suitable player in categories 1-3 should we even consider shelling out the clubs money on transfer & signing fees etc.

The order in which the manager should look & decide to find suitable new players should be

1. Hearts Academy / Youth system

2. Romanov owned or sponsored teams

3. Bosman free transfer lists

4. Other teams players

Given Hearts poor financial position this is the most cost efficient way of looking to sign new players and only if we can't find a suitable player in categories 1-3 should we even consider shelling out the clubs money on transfer & signing fees etc.

The most financially efficient way to bring in players is to bring in the best players available for the budget available, bearing in mind sell on values.

The returns on the Kaunas/other Romanov owned or sponsored teams has not been up to par so far. As for Bosmans, many of these agent inspired damaged goods signings by Romanov have been dreadful.

Give the manager the budget - give the manager the objectives - let the manager/his team/scouts choose and attract the players - let Ogilvie draw up the contracts - give the manager time to build the squad/setup - review the results after 2 seasons (assuming nothing ridiculous happens in the interim eg Malofeev type results). Forget the Kaunas link.

It is strange that you think Manchester United have lost their identity due to their foreign signings. Is Hearts identity now tied up as UBIG?

Charlie-Brown
The most financially efficient way to bring in players is to bring in the best players available for the budget available, bearing in mind sell on values.

The returns on the Kaunas/other Romanov owned or sponsored teams has not been up to par so far. As for Bosmans, many of these agent inspired damaged goods signings by Romanov have been dreadful.

Give the manager the budget - give the manager the objectives - let the manager/his team/scouts choose and attract the players - let Ogilvie draw up the contracts - give the manager time to build the squad/setup - review the results after 2 seasons (assuming nothing ridiculous happens in the interim eg Malofeev type results). Forget the Kaunas link.

It is strange that you think Manchester United have lost their identity due to their foreign signings. Is Hearts identity now tied up as UBIG?

I've always believed clubs should strive to produce and use their own players as much as possible - especially SPL clubs like Hearts - I was one of the first subscribers to HYDC when it was set up and have always advocated we should give our own players the chance first before looking elsewhere.

I didn't say we should automatically sign Kaunas players however Velicka, Zaliukas, Mikoliunas have all made valuable contributions and others like Kancelskis & Kizys proved to be decent squad cover when they played - no doubt we signed some who proved not good enough just as we've tried some of our own youth players over the years who proved not good enough to step up.

Hearts identity and future isn't tied up with UBIG however our finances are and the current debt (and inherited debt) and wage bill all need to be reduced and the club made profitable or at least break even again.

Younger players and lower cost players (provided they are of acceptable standard) keep an important downward pressure on the wage bill and someone like Velicka contributed a lot more than say Pospisil or Makela on about a quarter of the money.

All signings should be decided ultimately by the manager however it is incumbent upon him to be financially efficient and he should consider looking in-house from available resources before looking elsewhere.

Of course we should sign players who represent the best value for money and who also have residual or increasing value

Perhaps if Robinson/Jefferies/Levein/Romanov/Burley/all-the-rest had thought more about being financially efficient over the last dozen years the clubs finances and ability to compete in the transfer market (without further damaging the financial position) would be stronger.

Guest JamboRobbo

So out of the Kaunus squad this, how many of the players WEREN'T in their squad last year when we looked at them? And the year before?

The only name I hear who sounds like he has anything to offer is this Ledesma boy - and just like last year, we cannie sign him. We've already had the pillow over and seen with our own eyes he is awful.

So who else have they signed since we last raided their squad? How many new players are there in their squad that we haven't turned down already? 3? 4?

And what about the rest of the Hearts team? Pretty much the same. Which is my point. Going back to Kaunus over and over, we're basically picking from the same squad, with 2 or 3 new players in it.

Yes the develop and change over time. Over time. That doesn't mean they have a whole new squad to look at each transfer window.

Archived