McGhee Frustrated

hmu99425

Article in the Daily Rancid this morning on the collaspe of John Kennedy's loan move to Motherwell, with Mark McGhee sounding very frustrated at the lack of backing from the Motherwell board (although in my opinion Celtic were taking the biscuit with their demands).

Is Mark McGhee now regreting not coming to Hearts? I think in Csaba however we have got a good man on board, and its questionable whether McGhee would have been a better option.

Article in the Daily Rancid this morning on the collaspe of John Kennedy's loan move to Motherwell, with Mark McGhee sounding very frustrated at the lack of backing from the Motherwell board (although in my opinion Celtic were taking the biscuit with their demands).

Is Mark McGhee now regreting not coming to Hearts? I think in Csaba however we have got a good man on board, and its questionable whether McGhee would have been a better option.

Serves him right he will just have to wait on WGS getting the boot or walking away so he can get the job he really wants.

he is in alks with Preston and Norwich now.

The attendance of 2,300 for their friendly v Wolves says a lot also.

I think he regretted knocking us back as soon as his luggage was returned to him at the airport.

I could not give a flying **** about what McGhee feels.It's been a week now since he mentioned the Hearts job so surely he'll be in the papers again tomorrow talking about it again.

Proved himself not to be strong enough in the head when he decided not to at least hear what ROmanov had to offer...

I think everything the guy has said since he knocked us back says to me he completely regrets his decision that day.

Pants Shaton

It won't be too long until the Hibs job becomes available. He could go there as a stepping stone towards a club like Hearts.

I think that Motherwell will again finish above us this season.

I wouldn't be to hasty with predication Coco. Not saying we will be any great shakes but i doubt motherwell will repeat last years efforts.

I wouldn't be to hasty with predication Coco. Not saying we will be any great shakes but i doubt motherwell will repeat last years efforts.

Yes, Motherwell have lost some key players.

But my guess is that McGhee is a better manager than Laszlo, though wait to be convinced by the new management team at Hearts working together. Together. Together.

Pants Shaton

The fact we would have finished third, had we collected as many points in the first half of last season as we did in the second half, suggests that we have a real chance of 3rd place.

The coming season can't be worse than last year - can it?

But my guess is that McGhee is a better manager than Laszlo, though wait to be convinced by the new management team at Hearts working together. Together. Together.

Do you know something mate, in all the time I have looked at the JKB site, I dont think I have ever seen you post ANYTHING positive about Hearts, I dont think you can call yourself a supporter as you dont appear to support, you just moan & criticise the club's every move, I dont know about anyone else on this board, but I am getting really bored of your constant whinging, a lot of fans, myself included are prepared to give Csaba and the current squad and any new players and VR the chance to get things right this season, maybe you should try doing the same instead of crying over nothing ALL the time.:mad:

The fact we would have finished third, had we collected as many points in the first half of last season as we did in the second half, suggests that we have a real chance of 3rd place.

At this point we have a poorer squad than we did last year.

silent assassin
I think that Motherwell will again finish above us this season.

oh well a guess thats why your username is coco:107years:

shaun.lawson

I think we'll beat Motherwell 2-0 on the opening day of the season, and finish above them - though given the disparity of resources between the two clubs, and obvious insecurity of tenure here, still don't think such an outcome would lead McGhee to regret his choice in any case.

If's and buts eh?

If my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle. If we'd played the first 33 games like the last 5 we'd have been even more grateful for Gretna's demise!

Being positive IF we win our 38 games this season then I think we'll win the league!;)

Greedy_Jambo

This thought hasn't entered my head untill now.....

First game of the season will be against mark mcghee!!

If we lose ... he'l be smug and thinking he made the right decision.

If we win... He'll be gutted and thinking.... have i made the right decision?

so we have to win!

I think it will be a 0-0 draw though.

loveofthegame

**** him. Hope he does regret it. And i hope we stuff them on Aug 9th, just to further rub salt in the wound.

Chad Sexington

Yawn.

You're becoming an unfunny parody of yourself mate. :sad:

If following Hearts is such an ordeal why don't you take up basket weaving or something like that?

Leave the rest of us to enjoy ourselves.

loveofthegame

If following Hearts is such an ordeal why don't you take up basket weaving or something like that?

Leave the rest of us to enjoy ourselves.

Although i'm right behind Csaba and delighted with the appointment, i have 1 thing to add... Following Hearts is very rarely enjoyable!!!

Makes those few good times all the better though. Love it!

Greedy_Jambo

At the moment none of know if Csaba is a better manager than Mcghee or not. He's doing enough to keep most of us happy so far though.

I just hope romanov has the will power to let him get on with it.

ToadKiller Dog

Mcghee knew the state of murderwells finances when he decided to stay ,so unless Hilda Boyle lied to him then tough titties ,all he has down letting his complaint run has most likely upset the harmony of his squad .

Its Scott Leitch i feel sorry for ,he clearly wanted to come here and would have got a decent pay rise to boot.

Whats to fear about Motherwell we beat them 2 last season with a ***** in charge.If we start beating the bottom half teams like we should do i have no doubt we will finnish above Motherwell.

Gigolo-Aunt

Have a feeling that Motherwell will struggle this season compared to last.

MM's stock was high at the end of last season, a poor season and he will not be quite the man about town he was the previous summer.

It won't be too long until the Hibs job becomes available. He could go there as a stepping stone towards a club like Hearts.

Don't even joke about that.

I would be really annoyed if they sacked Mixu and hired McGhee.

What was it McGhee said?, "Hearts are a bigger club, but not a better club"

At the time he was correct.

Greedy_Jambo
i think mcghee knows he's made a mistake not joining us

its weird cos b4 romanov took over... taking over hearts wouldn't be much of a step up from motherwell, his money and that burley season made hearts a very attractive proposition. now.... we have romanov and 8th place to improve on...

now romanov has been a proven interferer and dickheed so.... i dont know. mcghee probably isn't that bothered about turning us down.

Have a feeling that Motherwell will struggle this season compared to last.

MM's stock was high at the end of last season, a poor season and he will not be quite the man about town he was the previous summer.

I agree completely. I suspect a successful move to us (or another team - possibly in the English championship) would have been the stepping stone to the Celtic job he clearly wants. Staying at Motherwell will probably mean he's blown it (I hope).

I just pray we humiliate Motherwell on the opening day of the season. First to let MM see what he's passed on and second, because a moderately successful Motherwell makes their fans even more irritating than normal.

grumpyespana

I bet McGhee is saying to himself f_ck me I should have stayed on the plane to Lithuania, boyle has went back on his word and we will be lucky to stay in the top six.

Grumpy.

Buffalo Bill
a poor season and he will not be quite the man about town he was the previous summer.

And what a lovely town that is.

Buffalo Bill

Heard on the grapevine tht he's not a happy man - John Boyle has apparently broken promises he made to him last month regarding the money to be made avialable to him to strenthen his squad. I'll bet he's off at the first chance now.

john brownlee
Heard on the grapevine tht he's not a happy man - John Boyle has apparently broken promises he made to him last month regarding the money to be made avialable to him to strenthen his squad. I'll bet he's off at the first chance now.

It wasn't boyle that broke the pomise it was the guy he was sitting next to the day before he flew to London

Mind you a week is a long time in football, things could change before the start of the season, is not strange that strapons not been able to buy any players

Archived