Elliot v Mole/Makela

CornhillHearts

CornhillHearts

Simple really Calum is a better option than both of them in that he makes better runs and can hold the ball up better, none of them will score a barrowload of goals so its Elliot for me.

Guest JamboRobbo

all 3 options not good enough for HMFC right now.

If mole and elliot were young backup coming on for 10-15 now and again when we are winning, fine. But to be more than that, they are not ready, and may never be ready.

Greedy_Jambo
all 3 options not good enough for HMFC right now.

If mole and elliot were young backup coming on for 10-15 now and again when we are winning, fine. But to be more than that, they are not ready, and may never be ready.

I agree. To put it in general terms for people to understand... all 3 of them are mince! no better than past players like andy kirk , gary wales, dennis wyness ect.

Doctor FinnBarr
Simple really Calum is a better option than both of them in that he makes better runs and can hold the ball up better, none of them will score a barrowload of goals so its Elliot for me.

Y.M.C.A.

;)

IMHO, I think the lack of any real quality service is the main reason they are not scoring a lot of goals. All our midfielders are much of a muchness with the exception, again imho, of Screpis, who I felt had a different skill set to the other midfield players and could supply a pass the others, at the moment, seem incapale of doing. Time will tell if it was a mistake to let him go.

WE do need a quality centre forward, the real quality striker is the guy who may only get one chance but puts it away more often than not. I am not convinced Vlad will pay money for that guy and we have to hope Shabba can unearth someone.

The game next week against Hull will tell us more about the shape of the team and the players who will be asked to get us into Europe. I will reserve judgement until after that game, although like many others, I have been impressed with Shabba.

COME ON THE HEARTS

Bigman

:107years::107years::):)

Charlie-Brown

Elliot needs a good season somewhere with a good team and a good coach to rebuild his confidence and self belief and work on improving some of the flaws in his game so he can be an effective player again although I think he needs to rethink his role as he is not a natural goalscorer so maybe he's better as a link-man?

It's a big season for Mole - the kid definitely has something but he needs to grow into the first team and be given regular opportunities, starts & sub appearances and an experienced striker to help him - the same also applies to Glen and Templeton and hopefully these 3 kids will be able to improve into better players over the coming season and more ready for first team starting places.

Makela is an enigma - doesn't have too many great qualities as an all round football player but he does have good goalscoring instincts so he could be of some value at least in the short term.

SAME FOR ME

THERES ONLY ONE CALUM ELLIOT

Only a Game

Eliott is like a dose of the clap. The sooner he is gone the better you're going to feel.

Neither of the others have had a sufficient run in the first team to stand comparison to Elliott one way or the other, although I suspect from the evidence so far available, that neither of them are good enough either.

Eliott is like a dose of the clap. The sooner he is gone the better you're going to feel.

Neither of the others have had a sufficient run in the first team to stand comparison to Elliott one way or the other, although I suspect from the evidence so far available, that neither of them are good enough either.

At last, the voice of reason.

Clum is a truly awful player, a real embarassment to the jersey. As for the others, that remains to be seen. Personally, i doubt they are much better but neither have had the chances that Clum has wasted.

Have you lot gone mental or something?

nope i'm completely sane, calums better than mole and makela. no doubt about it.

nope i'm completely sane, calums better than mole and makela. no doubt about it.

I'd actually prefer Adrian Mole and Michaela Strachan to Clum.

The guy is ****.

Ray Winstone

Elliot is a lazy, talentless **** who has more than merited the stick he has recieved and he has proved what kind of a person he is by saying he wants away etc.

Get him punted - I would rather have Mole and Makela any day of the week.

Rick Grimes
Elliot is a lazy, talentless **** who has more than merited the stick he has recieved and he has proved what kind of a person he is by saying he wants away etc.

Get him punted - I would rather have Mole and Makela any day of the week.

add to that the fact that the red mist is more & more liable to descend at a drop of a hat, leaving us out-numbered for the rest of the game.

I'd rather be badgered up the ring by an angry blue whale than see Elliot anywhere near Tynecastle again.

That's all.

hearts_crazy

This thread is stupid.

Elliot is rank awful, the sooner we sell him to Montrose or somebody the better.

Not saying Mole and Makela aren't much better TBH, although I suppose Makela sometimes does actually find the net, Mole cannae shoot, so what's the point in him.

We need a proper Striker, someone like Kris Boyd who can stick out a foot and direct the ball into the net.

Have you lot gone mental or something?

Was wondering that myself! And what exactly did Screpis do to become such a fan's favourite? Can't help thinking he's become a figurehead for the martyrs on here!

Got to admit i don't rate elliot but mole is worse.

idd mole is worse

ONE CALUM ELLIOT!;)

Only a Game
Was wondering that myself! And what exactly did Screpis do to become such a fan's favourite? Can't help thinking he's become a figurehead for the martyrs on here!

Screpis is the latest of a long long line of players who have come to Hearts and been ditched before any fair and reasonable judgement about their talent and usefulness to the team could possibly have been made.

On some occasions there may well have been things going on in the background that we werent told about, but its happening too often for most people's liking

Maybe so, but from what I saw there was nothing to suggest he was ever going to contribute meaningfully to the team.

In my humble opinion!

Barca-Milton

Are you Calum Elliot? My god what a stupid statement.....900 games and -4 goals......he's a huddie!

Makela has scored more goals than Calum in 1 5th of the games.

Only a Game
Maybe so, but from what I saw there was nothing to suggest he was ever going to contribute meaningfully to the team.

In my humble opinion!

How much did you see though ?

A couple of appearances last season when everyone at the club had thrown the towel in ?

I dont think thats a fair environment to judge, although like I said, there might have been something else that hastened his departure.

How much did you see though ?

A couple of appearances last season when everyone at the club had thrown the towel in ?

I dont think thats a fair environment to judge, although like I said, there might have been something else that hastened his departure.

I know exactly what you mean, but there was something a bit odd about the Screpis signing from the start. Some random that Pedro Lopez happened to notice on a trip to Argentina?! Isn't PL a trained lawyer or the like? Would be about as much use as sending me on a trip to South America to scout potential signings!

Are you Calum Elliot? My god what a stupid statement.....900 games and -4 goals......he's a huddie!

Makela has scored more goals than Calum in 1 5th of the games.

i'm not calum elliot but i'm his cousin.

Your cousin's gash.

i don't beleive that is true, see if u get too see him in a hearts top again i think u will see a change in him. he'll be a better player and the confidence should be back.

makela can score and maybe with the rite coaching and a run in the team could do ajob.

not to long ago i remember calum playing against celtic (new year day clash) we lost 3-2 but in the first half calum ran the show he was brilliant, he has the skill just had a fgen bad time of it lately, maybe he should go on loan get a proper run at first team footie then come back. would rather he wasnt sold as i have afeeling he is going to come good eventually.

mole ive only seen a couple of tmes and im not overly impressed and cant think if he has ever scored, even on his loan spell, maybe move him on.

basically id keep elliott(although loan him out) an give makela a run in the first team.

Only a Game
I know exactly what you mean, but there was something a bit odd about the Screpis signing from the start. Some random that Pedro Lopez happened to notice on a trip to Argentina?! Isn't PL a trained lawyer or the like? Would be about as much use as sending me on a trip to South America to scout potential signings!

So possibly some agent in South America realised that Pedro was a bit wet behind the ears in football matters and sold him a fake watch ?

Possible I suppose.

i don't beleive that is true, see if u get too see him in a hearts top again i think u will see a change in him. he'll be a better player and the confidence should be back.

aye, this will be the wee tit who wants away from us.

he is totally gash, get him tae falkirk(obv they wont take him!)

we need players who want to play for us, not disco dancing internet a*seholes who don't think they're attitude needs to change and are genuinley miffed as to why they get booed; EG; CLUM "*****ing" ELLIOT

Please tell me this is some kind of p*ss poor joke?

Have you all gone mental over the summer?

:mellow:

Glasgow Jambo
I'd rather be badgered up the ring by an angry blue whale than see Elliot anywhere near Tynecastle again.

That's all.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I'd rather lick Mixu's sweaty pit that watch Clum play for Hearts again.

What about his sweaty sack ?

:P

Archived