New Signings?

Greedy_Jambo

Greedy_Jambo

Are we moving quick enough in the Transfer market?

Is Romanov willing to put his hand in his pocket to improve our squad?

So far.. .

Obua is still waiting on an appeal for a work permit. (on a free)

Mike Tullberg our only trialist. (on a free)

Do we have enough quality in our squad already?

Season starts 9th of August.

Anybody else getting slightly impatient/anxious/worried?

So far.. .

More important to get the RIGHT players under the NEW manager to fill the gaps that HE identifies.

The window doesn't close for ages yet.

Guest JamboRobbo

We certainly need to bring in a minimum of 4 quality players (GK, CH, CM, CF) and preferrable a couple more as well.

Greedy_Jambo
More important to get the RIGHT players under the NEW manager to fill the gaps that HE identifies.

Well thats good to know.

I still want half a new team drafted in by the end of today though.

and half of our team drafted out.

GK, RB, LB (if obua doesn't get a permit), CB, RW, 3 new strikers!

The 31st August is too late to be bringing in players.

With the fixtures we have we need to be able to get off to a flyer if we are to do anything this season.

If we don't have another 2 or 3 at least on trial by the end of next week I'll start getting worried.

I don't think there will be any big signings but there should be enough movement

in the next two weeks that should give us a good enough squad to enable us to push for a European slot.

After faiing to qualify for Euroope in the past two seasons I'd be fairly satisfied with that. Think I'd have to be.

The main thing I want to see from Hearts this season is evidence that we are becoming a stable club again and starting to move in the right direction.

Well thats good to know.

End of today is pushing it a bit, but other than that, I agree that the positions and numbers that you have selected are what's needed.

Greedy_Jambo
End of today is pushing it a bit, but other than that, I agree that the positions and numbers that you have selected are what's needed.

ha. yeah i know i was exaggerating but i really am a bit impatient when it comes to strengthening our squad before the start of the season.

Yes the transfer window doesn't close for a while shame that the season starts on 9th August which is only two weeks away.

First game at home to Motherwell who finished 3rd I think and second away to Rangers!!

I think we will be doing well to get one point from those two games the way we look at the moment.

Greedy_Jambo
Any new signings will probably be at 11:55pm August 31st going by the past!

That only happened once did it not? if my memorys right... i don't think we signed anyone on the last day last year.

That only happened once did it not? if my memorys right... i don't think we signed anyone on the last day last year.

Nade?

Greedy_Jambo
Nade?

Did he not sign halfway through the season? anyway. he's fat and doesn't count.

Jamboscanbevicius

I am sure I saw a quote from Csaba today saying something along the lines of "will there be more trialists while we are here (i.e. Germany)? Definitely"

This sounds encouraging as they would really need to arrive today or tomorrow to give a chance of assessing them before Tuesday.

Fingers crossed we can unearth a couple of gems who will strengthen us

Greedy_Jambo
Right back, centre half, goalscoring midfielder, 2 strikers.

so your happy with the right wing then?

I don't think Kingston should be playing there and miko is hot and cold (mostly cold)

Any new signings will probably be at 11:55pm August 31st going by the past!

C'mon it will be no sooner than 11.59pm Ian.

Basso and Nade, as I remember. Was completely out of it in a field near Inveraray, but remember thinking 'who the f. are they?!'

Only a Game
Well thats good to know.

I dont really see the urgency of drafting players out, especially when the ones we'd most like to see drafted out arent really a big drain on resources. Fair enough if they go it gives a sense of well being, knowing that they wont be picked again but I couldnt really care less if no-one gets punted, as long as the first 11 gets the significant improvement it needs and personally I dont think 3 or 4 players does that to the extent it needs done. Its more like 6 we need.

So far.. .

And you thought my thread was ****....f*d.

No offence.

Broxburn_Jambo
so your happy with the right wing then?

I don't think Kingston should be playing there and miko is hot and cold (mostly cold)

what about beslija and chesney?

I'm not going to get concerned about our lack of signings until the Motherwell game. I'd rather Csaba took a bit of time to decide on signings than us signing a few players in just for the sake of pleasing the fans.

I dont really see the urgency of drafting players out, especially when the ones we'd most like to see drafted out arent really a big drain on resources. Fair enough if they go it gives a sense of well being, knowing that they wont be picked again but I couldnt really care less if no-one gets punted, as long as the first 11 gets the significant improvement it needs and personally I dont think 3 or 4 players does that to the extent it needs done. Its more like 6 we need.

Firstly it gives an indication to other players of the standards that are wanted and that those drafted out fell short - so the rest had better get their erses into gear.

Secondly if you have a lot of slack hanging around it will breed discontent because many are continually not being picked.

Thirdly youngsters will see possibilities of advancement and try harder to catch the eye whereas last season if a regular got injured/suspended there was always someone hanging around spare that could fill in. We had something like a dozen youths out on loan which is crazy: just imagine if they had all been with the club. Only in the later games did we see youth, apart from Eggo.

The squad needs to be much leaner and fitter. The fitter bit might be happening but I'd like to see the leaner bit being given a big push starting with several of those on loan who are just taking up pegs in the Riccarton dressing-room.

Firstly it gives an indication to other players of the standards that are wanted and that those drafted out fell short - so the rest had better get their erses into gear.

Secondly if you have a lot of slack hanging around it will breed discontent because many are continually not being picked.

Thirdly youngsters will see possibilities of advancement and try harder to catch the eye whereas last season if a regular got injured/suspended there was always someone hanging around spare that could fill in. We had something like a dozen youths out on loan which is crazy: just imagine if they had all been with the club. Only in the later games did we see youth, apart from Eggo.

The squad needs to be much leaner and fitter. The fitter bit might be happening but I'd like to see the leaner bit being given a big push starting with several of those on loan who are just taking up pegs in the Riccarton dressing-room.

I would agree with that presumimg you mean numbers rather than weight with the exception of Nade. If for nothing else than a closer bond between the squad presuming the numbers are sufficient and have quality. Do you not think that when we had about forty players and the attitudes were wrong that maybe it became easier to be injured.

I like the things Csaba is saying and obviously hope this transfers into results. Interesting thing about Nade which i think I may have noted at the time but a mate of mine knows someone in the coaching system at Hearts (I know who it is) and when he first arrived and was unfit and generally perceived as being heavy they did tests on him to assess body fat etc. Now it was a year ago and dont recall the % but the fat content on him was the % normally attributed to the likes of Olympic athletes and he was not overweight. What they did conclude that he was top heavy and actually built wrongly for a football player who needs to move speedily over short distances.

How this transfers into fitness is beyond me cos he has never looked fit IMO and rarely lasts a game. Maybe he is in the wrong sport? but I do recall threads on him at the time from people who had looked into Sheffield Utd forums and from memory we have got precisely what they stated at the time i.e has ability but never fit and never lasts a game

I would agree with that presumimg you mean numbers rather than weight with the exception of Nade. If for nothing else than a closer bond between the squad presuming the numbers are sufficient and have quality. Do you not think that when we had about forty players and the attitudes were wrong that maybe it became easier to be injured.

I like the things Csaba is saying and obviously hope this transfers into results. Interesting thing about Nade which i think I may have noted at the time but a mate of mine knows someone in the coaching system at Hearts (I know who it is) and when he first arrived and was unfit and generally perceived as being heavy they did tests on him to assess body fat etc. Now it was a year ago and dont recall the % but the fat content on him was the % normally attributed to the likes of Olympic athletes and he was not overweight. What they did conclude that he was top heavy and actually built wrongly for a football player who needs to move speedily over short distances.

How this transfers into fitness is beyond me cos he has never looked fit IMO and rarely lasts a game. Maybe he is in the wrong sport? but I do recall threads on him at the time from people who had looked into Sheffield Utd forums and from memory we have got precisely what they stated at the time i.e has ability but never fit and never lasts a game

I did mean numbers: it does not matter much how heavy they are if they are fit.

Roughly I would suggest that if we were to bring in 6 we should remove at least 15 which is a serious cull especially when you add those who have recently left. Without loss in quality we could easily move on several of the first team squad Nade, Elliot, Ivaskevicius, Ksanavicius, Basso and (depending on who we bring in) possibly even the likes of Stewart, Neilson, Mole, Zali, Chesney, Bruno, Beslija, who are either injury prone or inconsistent. Banks could be retained but used mainly for coaching. Beyond this we ought to make decisions on some of the youths, if they have not already left, like Pelosi, the Armstrongs, Jamie McDonald, Kostadinov, Sives etc who seem to have been around for years but are still not making a real challenge for a 1st team berth.

We all pretty much agree that we need a good clear out and, give or take, about 6/7 new players, Goalie, Right-back, Left-back, Centre-half, attacking Midfielder and 2/3 strikers. Even if we get half that amount, it'll be a start, we just can't afford to have hangers-on and lazy players at the club. Personally, I don't believe Celtic or Rangers are particularly good sides and are there for the taking, shame we couldn't hang on to the 2005/06 squad, with a few signings at the right time over the last two years we might've gave those two somthing to worry about!

Only a Game
We all pretty much agree that we need a good clear out and, give or take, about 6/7 new players, Goalie, Right-back, Left-back, Centre-half, attacking Midfielder and 2/3 strikers. Even if we get half that amount, it'll be a start, we just can't afford to have hangers-on and lazy players at the club. Personally, I don't believe Celtic or Rangers are particularly good sides and are there for the taking,

A good time to point out that Rangers dont have ANY lazy players that I can think of (possibly Burke) and the two that Celtic have, have played about a game and a half in the last two years.

Our problem (one of them) is that we have at least half a dozen lazy players and they are virtually all first team picks or damn close to it.

So far.. .

Tullberg would equall our record transfer fee if we bought him.

Obua would have cost anyone a few quid if it was not for the fact he was a free agent.

Yes, we have been a bit slow, but I also belive the manager has to assess the squad and then make decisions, I also believe that we will see more activity possibly in January.

The sqaud we have now has to prove it can cope with the spl and prove it can improve, shabba can not realisticly be asked to come here after 2 years in africa and make quality signings after being out of Europe for so long.

If he can bring one or two more players in ...wether they are recomended to him or not....makes no difference, aslong as they enhance the squad....then that will tide us over untill January where shabba will have had enough time to fully assess the squad.

36 months of decline can not be erradicated in 3- 6 months...it's going to take time. This season is a rebuild and restructure.

Obua would have cost anyone a few quid if it was not for the fact he was a free agent.

Yes, we have been a bit slow, but I also belive the manager has to assess the squad and then make decisions, I also believe that we will see more activity possibly in January.

The sqaud we have now has to prove it can cope with the spl and prove it can improve, shabba can not realisticly be asked to come here after 2 years in africa and make quality signings after being out of Europe for so long.

If he can bring one or two more players in ...wether they are recomended to him or not....makes no difference, aslong as they enhance the squad....then that will tide us over untill January where shabba will have had enough time to fully assess the squad.

36 months of decline can not be erradicated in 3- 6 months...it's going to take time. This season is a rebuild and restructure.

We might see a bit of action at the end of the week as the club's financial year ends on Thursday.

Greedy_Jambo

Burley did it.

Drylaw Hearts
Burley did it.

Burley had a better squad of players to work with than Csaba currently has.

Gigolo-Aunt
Burley had a better squad of players to work with than Csaba currently has.

And also hit the ground running. Something when looking back was quite remarkable. Quality of players or not.

I just hope Csaba is judged on what he does, rather than previous managers.

So far.. .

there has been a lack of hearts fans buying season tickets maybe we should all put our hands in our pockets

Drylaw Hearts
And also hit the ground running. Something when looking back was quite remarkable. Quality of players or not.

I just hope Csaba is judged on what he does, rather than previous managers.

Unfortunately for them, I can see all Managers and players brought to the Club by VR being compared to that period.

Csaba has a far harder job to do than Burley had when he arrived.

Csaba will need 3 transfer windows, including this one, to get things right - assuming he is capable of getting things right of course !

Drylaw Hearts

So far.. .

there has been a lack of hearts fans buying season tickets maybe we should all put our hands in our pockets

11,000'ish is a very decent figure considering the last 2 seasons efforts.

Burley did it.

If you read my post, you would have noticed the fact I had mentioned Shabba had been out of Europe for two years. Burley was in the Uk and was given the tools to do his job. It was Vlads first proper appointment and was designed to make an impact.

Totaly different circumstances now. We had the spine of a team when burley came in. We have nothing that kind of a team now.

Gigolo-Aunt

Csaba will need 3 transfer windows, including this one, to get things right - assuming he is capable of getting things right of course !

I suppose the time issue will come down to what he can get out of players that are already at the club. Csaba may get performances out of players that previous men could not get.

Just hope he is given a fair chance and time, from the support and also from VR and his buddies.

Drylaw Hearts
I suppose the time issue will come down to what he can get out of players that are already at the club. Csaba may get performances out of players that previous men could not get.

If he can then he truely will be 'The Miracle Man'.

Just hope he is given a fair chance and time, from the support and also from VR and his buddies.

Me too.

Only a Game

What players can he get more out of that previous managers couldnt ?

Kingston for a start I suppose. Nade maybe. Stewart ? Driver ? Karapidis.

All better players IMO than they have shown to date. Hopefully there a few more because he's not going to be able to revamp this squad in time if those players are already producing all they actually have.

Gigolo-Aunt
What players can he get more out of that previous managers couldnt ?

Kingston for a start I suppose. Nade maybe. Stewart ? Driver ? Karapidis.

All better players IMO than they have shown to date. Hopefully there a few more because he's not going to be able to revamp this squad in time if those players are already producing all they actually have.

I think there could be half a dozen players who never showed for whatever reason what they can do on the pitch.

Tell you what, you sort out the Monday to Friday stuff up at Riccarton (which is your bread and butter) - you are half way there if the players are there.

I think some fans forget about the day to day stuff. We only see the team come 3pm on a Saturday - if the preperation is not right and the work not put in the previous week - you will struggle to get anything.

Csaba seems to be shaking up the preperation, so IMO he knows the importance of this as well.

Greedy_Jambo

So far.. .

After the farce we've had to put up with the last 2 years... i don't blame anyone from not buying a season ticket.

And i don't just mean the awful results and embarressing league position.

Romanov has treated us all like crap and made our team a laughing stock.

Only a Game
I think there could be half a dozen players who never showed for whatever reason what they can do on the pitch.

Tell you what, you sort out the Monday to Friday stuff up at Riccarton (which is your bread and butter) - you are half way there if the players are there.

I think some fans forget about the day to day stuff. We only see the team come 3pm on a Saturday - if the preperation is not right and the work not put in the previous week - you will struggle to get anything.

Csaba seems to be shaking up the preperation, so IMO he knows the importance of this as well.

I agree with all that but I'm a bit worried that he's going to try and play a more technical game that a big proportion of our first team squad just arent up to.

Keeping the ball and finding a player in space, and the ability to move into space to recieve a pass, and the ability to close down space and tactically outwit the opposition..... It all sounds great but they are actually quite difficult skills to breed into players who havent ever really been indoctrinated with it from the start. You need players with pace and vision all over the park for it to be effective and even our best players havent shown much of that. You've also got to remember that all 11 other SPL teams are NOT going to sit back and watch you keep the ball and make pretty patterns with it. Most of the time if you take two touches in this league, someone will come right through you.

I saw Csaba trying it at Dunfermline and honestly it was a shambles.(obviously it takes time though) I think if we dont add a minimum of 3 outfield players of quality who slot right away into Csba's philosphy then we'll struggle for a while.

Archived