Question for any bookies

Professor.Arturo

Professor.Arturo

Dont know if any members are bookies, but...

What do you reckon the odds would be on Hearts winning every derby this season (inc possible cup encounters)?

The hobos are seriously pish poor and I think Csaba will get us playing pretty well.

With good odds it has to be worth a score :P

Dont know if any members are bookies, but...

What do you reckon the odds would be on Hearts winning every derby this season (inc possible cup encounters)?

The hobos are seriously pish poor and I think Csaba will get us playing pretty well.

With good odds it has to be worth a score :P

Doubt you'd get odds on it but i'd say Evens for the 2 home games & 6/4 for the 2 away games. Works out at 24/1.

If our home odds were Evens and we were 2/1 to win at ER, then by my reckoning, that makes up at 40/1 (based on 4 matches)

If our home odds were Evens and we were 2/1 to win at ER, then by my reckoning, that makes up at 24/1 (based on 4 matches)

35/1, 1@Evs=2, 2@EVS=4, 4@2/1=12, 12@2/1=36 (35/1)

Hearts Heritage

It has never happened since the start of the Premier League.

Hibs were the last to do it in

72-73 and 66-67

Hearts have not done it since 1961-62.

Hearts did it in 4 seasons, at the height of the Famous Five, out of 6, from 1948-49 to 1954-55.

http://www.londonhearts.com/scores/tea/hibernian.html#Sea

Professor.Arturo
It has never happened since the start of the Premier League.

Hibs were the last to do it in

72-73 and 66-67

Hearts have not done it since 1961-62.

Hearts did it in 4 seasons, at the height of the Famous Five, out of 6, from 1948-49 to 1954-55.

http://www.londonhearts.com/scores/tea/hibernian.html#Sea

Trust you to put a dampner on it!

So, this season will be the first time since the year I was born....thats an omen :)

Hearts Heritage

Hearts have done it 15 times

1898-99 2

1901-02 2

1903-04 2

1905-06 2

1912-13 2

1913-14 2

1916-17 2

1917-18 2

1918-19 2

1939-40 2

1949-50 2

1950-51 2

1953-54 2

1954-55 3

1961-62 2

Hibs 7 times

1921-22 2

1938-39 2

1940-41 2

1945-46 3

1952-53 2

1967-68 2

1972-73 2

Mugs bet from a purely financial point of view. These odds only roll-up four single victories, they are not factoring in the rarity of them being consecutive. Wouldn't touch it for under 80/1. Plus, remember the old cliche, when it comes to derbies the form book goes out the window.

P.S. I am ONLY talking from a financial point of view, I am not suggesting Hibs are worth a point off us this season. ;)

As much as I hope it would come true we haven't got the greatest record for winning at Easter road in the last ten years or so. Think we've only won 3 games in the last ten seasons IIRC. (McCann 1 nil, Stampy in injury time 2-1 & Zaliukas 1 nil courtesy of Andy Pandy flapping at a free kick)

Has to happen some time tho and would be great if it was this season!! :107years:

As much as I hope it would come true we haven't got the greatest record for winning at Easter road in the last ten years or so. Think we've only won 3 games in the last ten seasons IIRC. (McCann 1 nil, Stampy in injury time 2-1 & Zaliukas 1 nil courtesy of Andy Pandy flapping at a free kick)

Has to happen some time tho and would be great if it was this season!! :107years:

Chuck in the Pressley penalty match for 4!

Hearts Heritage

It is only 3 the McCann one was 11 years ago.

But you left out Pressley Penalty.

Smoked-Glass

You have forgotton the pressley late penalty 2-1 win and the festival cup 1-0 win

Archived