Getting a birth certificate...

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

Trying to fill out my passport app and have used the post offices check and send service... but have been back to the P.O. twice today over minor things, and then i get told that i need a full birth certificate, apparently i have an 'abbreviated version' and i need to go to a registry office in Waterloo place?

Do i have to take anything with me, bills etc to get my certificate, and how much do they charge?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks :)

Trying to fill out my passport app and have used the post offices check and send service... but have been back to the P.O. twice today over minor things, and then i get told that i need a full birth certificate, apparently i have an 'abbreviated version' and i need to go to a registry office in Waterloo place?

Do i have to take anything with me, bills etc to get my certificate, and how much do they charge?

here you go Haggis

http://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/

John Darwin may be able to help you, although I understand he may be difficult to contact at the moment. :P

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

Thanks Tedp, I'll have a gander through it over the weekend.

John Darwin may be able to help you, although I understand he may be difficult to contact at the moment. :P

That is the genius of my plan though... They won't be expecting it twice!

"It's a classic half pincer movement"

You can phone in an order to 0131 314 4411 - think it costs about ?10 a shot. Just need a credit / debit card and your date / place of birth, parents names etc etc.

Should add Monday to Friday / Office hours only.

Bobby_swing_the_bar

Your nearest Registration office should be able to help, they have a system they can access any one who was born in Scotland. Or maybe that is just Fife?

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

Thanks very much Grumpy, i'll get on it first thing monday morning :)

Archived