MAKELA STILL A CARTHORSE?

mirsad_beslija

mirsad_beslija

cant say i liked him . for a big guy not brillaint in the air. very little pace either.not a shot in him. not a passer of the ball. butt has terrific lookin girlfriends ............. no seriously perhaps he has come on 10 fold .......... fingers crossed ...............?:107years:

cant say i liked him . for a big guy not brillaint in the air. very little pace either.not a shot in him. not a passer of the ball. butt has terrific lookin girlfriends ............. no seriously perhaps he has come on 10 fold .......... fingers crossed ...............?:107years:

They get plenty exercise walking about the shops in the afternoons with him.

Seen this guy about 4 times at Multrees Walk with his Harvey Nic's and Louis Vuitton bags.

Doctor FinnBarr

Just like the Hobo's forward line,eh?

:flagwave:

Not the girlfriends bit of course!

Must admit I think he's a terrible footballer, but he does know where the goals are.

We're not good enough to carry a player who offers nothing other than finishing IMO. We need our strikers to do a little more.

sounds like the finnish Kris Boyd

call me old fashioned but that type of player is suited perfectly the the scottish game.

Must admit I think he's a terrible footballer, but he does know where the goals are.

We're not good enough to carry a player who offers nothing other than finishing IMO. We need our strikers to do a little more.

Agree with your first sentence and disagree with your second. If we are going to play 2 up front i think a finisher would be crucial. Makela is certainly a little unorthodox but as you say he knows where the goals are. I would like to see him given a run in the team beside someone with real ability. As yet we don't have that player IMO.

Agree with your first sentence and disagree with your second. If we are going to play 2 up front i think a finisher would be crucial. Makela is certainly a little unorthodox but as you say he knows where the goals are. I would like to see him given a run in the team beside someone with real ability. As yet we don't have that player IMO.

If we could get someone like Sandy Clark who did the work of 2 players we might be able to pull it off (oo-er).

If he's stuck with Nade we're goosed.

*sigh*

Been done to death on here, but anyone who says Makela lacks pace is talking out of their erse. He is the son of two Finnish olympic sprinters and has himself clocked a sub 11 second time for the 100 metres.

His piece in the EN today was good....

"I'm not Maradona but I know where the goal is. I live off crosses and good supply to me."

Knows his limitations.

Drylaw Hearts
His piece in the EN today was good....

"I'm not Maradona but I know where the goal is. I live off crosses and good supply to me."

Knows his limitations.

We don't have anyone who can put good crosses in the box though Juho !!

That's a bad combination.

Guest juvehearts

Out of the 5 times ive seen him (4 reserves 1st team) i believe he is under rated & under valued.

even benny was semi decent when i seen him turn out for the reserves.

yoo hoo, i seen score a hat-trick vs alloa in the cis cup, ran the game. excellent player on that day

IMO a player that has not been given a chance & we will probally loose him to some other team.

either way i aint bothered, but would like him to at the very least be given a chance.

Johanes de Silentio

Only striker to score against that village select the other night - AND he got a slating for not scoring more!

Has Makela got a hope in hell? No' much - Much hampered by a bigish fee and big wages - the MGMT dinnae like him IMO.

Remember when Levein took over? He looked at the stats and pinpointed a total lack of crosses coming in from wide areas, then set up a game plan based on improving the supply from the wings.

I'm not suggesting a return to the pragmatic football of Levein, (who had to contend with MASSIVE cuts to the playing budget) but I'd definitely like to see some crosses whipped in at pace from the wide areas for in-the-box poachers such as Makela to poke home. Well-fired crosses can be exciting, and they can cause havoc in opposing defences - defenders hate them, and the second ball is just as important as the cross itself.

Let's not forget that Hearts fans were somewhat spoiled by Burley's front line of Pospisil, Bednar, and Jankauskis. Will we ever see their likes again?

I like the fact that Makela knows his limitations.

I also like strikers who score goals.

Willie Gibson wisnae Maradona either!

Al.

lost in leith

Haven't seen enough of Makela to be sure if he's up to it.

The problem last year wasn't strikers missing chances, it was our failure to create chances!

HeartyGraeme
*sigh*

Been done to death on here, but anyone who says Makela lacks pace is talking out of their erse. He is the son of two Finnish olympic sprinters and has himself clocked a sub 11 second time for the 100 metres.

Well I gotta say when I saw him play the few games he had when he joined us I couldnt see any pace from him at all, defenders were catching him no problem. I can remember him trying to use his arms to stop them easing him off the ball.

Maybe he just had the wrong kind of studs in?

If anyone has a link to show the claimed olympic heritage or athletic abillity of the guy I would be interested to see it, it would really surprise me.

Personally I think he is fast in the same way that Beslija (not the OP) is "one of the fastest players in europe!" - All myth and no substance.

I would be pleased to be proved wrong though.

Commander Harris

can't remember who it was we were playing but in his last game last season his pace was pretty evident. managed to get behind two defenders and was only foiled by a crap shot.

definitely pacey though.

Charlie-Brown

Makela is never a Robbo nor a McCoist nor even a Velicka or Lee Miller if truth be told, however as we still have him we might as well try him in some games to see if he can offer anything although I remain to be convinced and I think we've got much better strikers / football players in the reserves and youth even if they are still very young with hardly any first team level experience.

Gillsland jack

We must be kidding ourselves on here if we think this guy is the answer, I've been going to Tynie now for something like 38 years ...I've been fortunate enough to really only see the really dark periods about three or four times....if the new order is talking about leading with this guy up front...then another dark period is almost upon us.GJ Pished..sorry.

sounds like the finnish Kris Boyd

call me old fashioned but that type of player is suited perfectly the the scottish game.

I agree with you. I don't think you need to be anything wonderful in the SPL to score goals. If he finds the net regularly the rest will come, with a decent run in the team and a bit of match practice he might become a little more sharp too.

grumpyespana
I agree with you. I don't think you need to be anything wonderful in the SPL to score goals. If he finds the net regularly the rest will come, with a decent run in the team and a bit of match practice he might become a little more sharp too.

Alan he is sharp and has had match practise he has played the last 12 matches for the team he is was on loan to. at least he is creating chances for himself.

Grumpy.

Guest JamboRobbo
We need to give him a chance. Others have had theirs and not made it...

Agree he needs a chance, but we needed to give him that chance last year, when the season was gone anyway, and we had nothing to lose.

Unfortunatley, if we give him and Mole etc their chance this season, the signs are that they are pretty likely to NOT be up to the task, which means another season down the drain. I wish we'd found this out last year.

When I have seen Makela play for Hearts, he has looked an intelligent player.

He makes great runs in the box across defenders in particular - which other than Pospisil we have not had maybe since Robbo. None of our other strikers have the pace to get to crosses between the goalie and defenders. And he scores whenever he plays.

I think he could thrive if we had 1) a player to hold the ball up front long enough for our wide players to get forward 2) our wide players were more interested in getting to the bye line and getting crosses in from there (the hardest cross to defend) than in showy stuff for themselves rather than the team.

Charlie-Brown

Makela does have a good scoring average - his biggest problem is poor touch & control and he loses the ball easily basically he is a clumsy player with poor technique - his strengths are in the box where he does make good striker runs across defenders and finds position & space for toe-poke's & snap-shots etc.

There are other young strikers including Glen who are far better football players.

Makela does have a good scoring average - his biggest problem is poor touch & control and he loses the ball easily basically he is a clumsy player with poor technique - his strengths are in the box where he does make good striker runs across defenders and finds position & space for toe-poke's & snap-shots etc.

There are other young strikers including Glen who are far better football players.

If as I said we could bring in a player who could hold and distribute the ball to play beside Makela - and we would need harder working stronger midfield players too - Makela could shine in the SPL for the reasons you and I have mentioned.

Charlie-Brown
If as I said we could bring in a player who could hold and distribute the ball to play beside Makela - and we would need harder working stronger midfield players too - Makela could shine in the SPL for the reasons you and I have mentioned.

If we can find the right blend for Makela then he might do for now although Mole seems to be working a lot harder this year and shows more promise overall compared to Makela in my opinion. Glen & Templeton would also be ahead of him - but we do need a more experienced striker.

Pants Shaton

Ask anyone who has coached at Hearts since either Makela or Beslija were signed, there's no conspiracy theory to explain the fact they haven't featured much - they're just sh*te.

As things stand that makes Makela our joint best striker.

John Findlay
*sigh*

Which confirms my suspicion. He is a far better athlete than he is a footballer.

John

Jamboross98
Ask anyone who has coached at Hearts since either Makela or Beslija were signed, there's no conspiracy theory to explain the fact they haven't featured much - they're just sh*te.

As things stand that makes Makela our joint best striker.

That's a bit harsh, Gman. Neither of these players have really been given a chance, while Miko and Chesney have been given plenty of games to do something and have failed. We have to trust Csaba to give these guys their chance, by the sounds of it, this Mike Tullberg doesn't even have the same goalscoring pedigree as Makela, but who says it might not work. Roll on the football season, nothing can be as bad as last year!!!

Tynecastle Valhalla

velicka

chris boyd

Archived