Kaiserslautern vs Hearts

Ryan Gosling

Ryan Gosling

Hearts: Banks; Thomson, Zaliukas, Berra, Wallace; Kingston, Jonsson, Stewart, Driver; Makela; Mole. Subs not used: MacDonald, Karipidis, McGowan, Ivaskevicius, Mikoliunas, Ksanavicius, Palazuelos, Templeton, Glen, Husband, Tullberg (T).

just one wee moan

We had just about got a competent CB pairing together with Berra and Karipidis...has Zali started every game so far?

Seeing Zaliukas in the team repeatedly makes me want to cry. Other than that i think it is a fair enough team.

loveofthegame

Guessing thats his 1st choice team. Not bad from what we have, although i'd have had Kari in for Zal and Ruben in for Stewart.

Still doesn't get me overexcited, its a pretty ordinary side.

Hearts: Banks; Thomson, Zaliukas, Berra, Wallace; Kingston, Jonsson, Stewart, Driver; Makela; Mole. Subs not used: MacDonald, Karipidis, McGowan, Ivaskevicius, Mikoliunas, Ksanavicius, Palazuelos, Templeton, Glen, Husband, Tullberg (T).

Looks decent enuff.

Guest JamboRobbo
Seeing Zaliukas in the team repeatedly makes me want to cry. Other than that i think it is a fair enough team.

the majority of that team makes me want to cry. :sad::)

Kingston, Johnson, Driver (plus Berra and Wallace if i'm being generous) are the exceptions.

Ryan Gosling
Guessing thats his 1st choice team. Not bad from what we have, although i'd have had Kari in for Zal and Ruben in for Stewart.

Still doesn't get me overexcited, its a pretty ordinary side.

Doubt it. Makela and Mole are in it for a start, as is Thomson.

sergent garcia

maybe zaliukas is in good form i doubt szaba have some prejudice about him or karapidis

Ryan Gosling
No Obua in the the team at all. hmm.

There's no conspiracy. Even without a work permit he can still play in a bounce game in a country where WPs aren't required as such.

He's injured isnt he? or was carrying a slight knock?

Knock to the foot I think.

LarrysRightFoot

Id like to have seen karapidis playing but hopefully Csaba is the man to get the best out of Zali because on occassions (albiet rare occassions) he has looked like he had the potential to be a commanding no nonsense centre-half. I think id still prefer us to sign an experienced partner for Berra though.

only one natural winger in that side, is thomson good at getting forward? i dont like it when kingston is pushed out wide.

Anyone know if Obua is even back in training yet?

Not sure but Shabba said he'd be 9 - 10 days until ready to play...

LarrysRightFoot
No Obua in the the team at all. hmm.

Thought he had a rib injury and was doubtful for this game but should play in the next friendly?

loveofthegame
Doubt it. Makela and Mole are in it for a start, as is Thomson.

Sorry I meant from what is available tonight. Neilson injured, Nade unfit(as ever), no other decent forwards.

Ibrahim Tall

We're not using any subs?

:P

Ok team i suppose. Would prefer if Glen started up front with Juho and Karipidis in at RB but it is more about fitness than actually winning i suppose.

its about as good as weve got at the moment it highlights the urgent need to get some new players in!!

Ryan Gosling
We're not using any subs?

Ok team i suppose.

Every match thread someone does it.

Pants Shaton

Am I the only person who thought Zaliukas performed OK for a while at CB (after they stopped trying to play him in midfield)?

He was rotten last season, no question.

Zal aint that bad dude honest

he was just brought down by the entire team last season

everyone was bringing out the worst in people

Charlie-Brown

A good chance for some of the players who need to start proving themselves (thomson, wallace, zaliukas, makela, mole) to start proving themselves.

Greedy_Jambo

I read somewhere that obua could be making his first start tonight. I kinda expected him to atleast be on the bench. He probably still is injured. Although... if they've found out that he's not going to get a permit.....

Am I the only person who thought Zaliukas performed OK for a while at CB (after they stopped trying to play him in midfield)?

He was rotten last season, no question.

Yeah i thought there was a period where him and berra looked half decent together, but they had craig gordon behind them too.

Ryan Gosling
I read somewhere that obua could be making his first start tonight. I kinda expected him to atleast be on the bench. He probably still is injured. Although... if they've found out that he's not going to get a permit.....

Again with the work permit stuff. What's your angle?

LarrysRightFoot

It says on the official website that Obua and Rapnik both miss out through injury and Nade, guess what?, isnt fit!

Zal aint that bad dude honest

he was just brought down by the entire team last season

everyone was bringing out the worst in people

Tis true. He can be a good player but when the team plays badly he just does the most stupid things. Maybe Csaba has brought his confidence back because he is good when he has confidence. I wish to God he'd stop pulling jerseys at corners and the like though.

loveofthegame
Sorry I meant from what is available tonight. Neilson injured, Nade unfit(as ever), no other decent forwards.

Oops forgot about Glen. Ok thats another slightly strange one. Glen for Mole.

With Neilson back for Thomson that would be not far off our best side. Maybe Nade for one of the strikers. Still too lightweight in midfield. And we need a centre back beside Berra.

maybe zaliukas is in good form i doubt szaba have some prejudice about him or karapidis

And far too many people on this board have selective memory loss. Zal and Berra had an excellent partnership 2 seasons ago and achieved several clean sheets if I recall (yes I know there are rumours they don't get on).

Zal had a disaster last season and was rightly dropped but who's to say he might not return to previous form?

I'd have Karapidis instead of Thomson because I don't really rate that laddie.

Tis true. He can be a good player but when the team plays badly he just does the most stupid things. Maybe Csaba has brought his confidence back because he is good when he has confidence. I wish to God he'd stop pulling jerseys at corners and the like though.

The Dundee Utd game in January was the tipping point for his season. Missed about 25 headers and had a stinker. Then took a swing at Lee 'Knees like a geriatric' Wilkie

Hearts: Banks; Thomson, Zaliukas, Berra, Wallace; Kingston, Jonsson, Stewart, Driver; Makela; Mole. Subs not used:[/I] MacDonald, Karipidis, McGowan, Ivaskevicius, Mikoliunas, Ksanavicius, Palazuelos, Templeton, Glen, Husband, Tullberg (T).

has the game finished???:P:p

Tynecastle Valhalla

would substitute stewart for ruben and wouldnt let zali anywhere near the squad - other than that it is pretty much the best from the fit players.

there is still beslija, nade, aguiar, oboa to come back as well which will improve the team.

definitely need some new players as well - right back, striker and a left mid.

And far too many people on this board have selective memory loss. Zal and Berra had an excellent partnership 2 seasons ago and achieved several clean sheets if I recall (yes I know there are rumours they don't get on).

Just my opinion, but I think Zaliukas is useless. If a good defender is someone who gets any part of his body on a ball and thumps it away anywhere then he's a good defender. If being a good defender involves sweeping up and passing the ball to a team mate, ideally in midfield, then he is not good.

sandyseymour

Zal had a disaster last season and was rightly dropped but who's to say he might not return to previous form?

I'd have Karapidis instead of Thomson because I don't really rate that laddie.

that's 'cos they're fans.......we/they have reverse dementia....only remember and judge the players ability within the last 3 or 4 games.....Stewart is still bowf tho'' ;)

why a left mid? we have driver and oboua can play there too..goalkeeper,right back and striker are the minimum...though i would also want a centre back aswell.

Drylaw Hearts

Karapidis is yet to play a match at CH this Pre-Season alongside Berra yet him and Berra were a decent partnership and certainly the best CH pairing at the Club.

So why is Csaba reluctant to play him there ?

IIRC, Karapidis didn't play a match at CH last Pre-Season either.

Coincidence ?

Infact the more I think about it.....

Did Karapidis only begin to get a regular start at CH when Frail took 'control' ?

And now he's out the team again.

Coincidence ?

Iva Choo Choo aint playing.

:sad:

Don't worry I'm sure you'll get to see him later. Well you know what I mean, his number will be held up after 60 minutes.

Not sure but Shabba said he'd be 9 - 10 days until ready to play...

Well another quote I read earlier said it wasn't too bad, and he still had a small chance of playing tonight. Hope he manages to play in a game or 2 before coming home so he has a game under his belt before we see him against Hull.

Gigolo-Aunt
Karapidis is yet to play a match at CH this Pre-Season yet him and Berra were a decent partnership and certainly the best CH pairing at the Club.

Coincidence ?

Did Karapidis only begin to get a regular start at CH when Frail took 'control' ?

Coincidence ?

It will become clear after half a dozen games if Romanovs still putting his beak in.

Prepared to go along with things and give Csaba the benefit untill such a point.

Karapidis is yet to play a match at CH this Pre-Season yet him and Berra were a decent partnership and certainly the best CH pairing at the Club.

Coincidence ?

Coincidence ?

Its a conspiracy:rolleyes:

Gigolo-Aunt
Don't worry I'm sure you'll get to see him later. Well you know what I mean, his number will be held up after 60 minutes.

Lets hope so.

;)

Archived