Season tickets

heartsfc_fan

heartsfc_fan

Ok. Anyone NOT renewed?

Not taking a dig at anyone who hasn't, their choice. It did take me a while to decide, but finally gave in the day after Csaba came on board.

Ok. Anyone NOT renewed?

Not taking a dig at anyone who hasn't, their choice. It did take me a while to decide, but finally gave in the day after Csaba came on board.

It was one of the hardest decisions of my life deciding whether to renew this season. I was very unsure last year that my ST money was being spent properly by the club but I caved in. This summer I decided to wait until I was more convinced of the stable future of the club so I didn't renew.

I am pleased with the managerial appointment and with the positive rumblings within the squad just now. Part of me has the same feeling I had three years ago around the time of the Middlesboro friendly that something wonderful was about to happen to the club I love. Part of me is still wary of Romanov and his intentions and methods which is why I still have not renewed.

I have bought tickets for the Hull and Motherwell games and will pick and choose games until Christmas. If the stability I seek in the club is there and Csaba has been left alone to do his job I will buy a half season ticket for the remainder of the season.

heartsfc_fan
It was one of the hardest decisions of my life deciding whether to renew this season. I was very unsure last year that my ST money was being spent properly by the club but I caved in. This summer I decided to wait until I was more convinced of the stable future of the club so I didn't renew.

I am pleased with the managerial appointment and with the positive rumblings within the squad just now. Part of me has the same feeling I had three years ago around the time of the Middlesboro friendly that something huge was about to happen. Part of me is still wary of Romanov and his intentions and methods which is why I still have not renewed.

I have bought tickets for the Hull and Motherwell games and will pick and choose games until Christmas. If the stability I seek in the club is there and Csaba has been left alone to do his job I will buy a half season ticket for the remainder of the season.

Probably a fair answer. I was in the same boat as you back when Burley came in, however I decided this time round lightning can't strike twice surely!! :rolleyes: so I renewed

I am pleased with the managerial appointment and with the positive rumblings within the squad just now. Part of me has the same feeling I had three years ago around the time of the Middlesboro friendly that something wonderful was about to happen to the club I love. Part of me is still wary of Romanov and his intentions and methods which is why I still have not renewed.

I'm nearly where you are, but I have resolved that I will not buy a season ticket again until there has been 12 months of stability at the club, and will pick and choose games to go to.

I know the risks and the potential costs if Hearts really start a challenge and play great football again, before anyone points them out (again) to me.

And I would love it if it turns out to be a bad decision on my part.

JamboJimmyB

I have not renewed (seem to be the only one)

I actually believe that Csaba's appointment will only continue the club's decline.

To be successful in the SPL you need a manager with British/SPL experience.

No british manager will work under Romanov terms (or european in fact), as such Csaba's appointment clearly confirms that he will continue to interfere (probably even more) with team selection. He was not going to turn a job down that quadrupled his salary.

The club is now confined to playing trialists to see if they are good enough to wear the shirt.

It pains me to see what is going on at the club.

jackjambo22

If you turn up fir a game at Tynie, nice one, if you dont, you wont be missed as such:)

Wasn't keen on Mercer, still watched the Famous

Despised The Pie Man with a passion, still renewed and watched the Famous

Ain't exactly enamoured with Vlad:p still renewed to watch the Famous

FTH

I actually believe that Csaba's appointment will only continue the club's decline.

No british manager will work under Romanov terms (or european in fact), as such Csaba's appointment clearly confirms that he will continue to interfere (probably even more) with team selection. He was not going to turn a job down that quadrupled his salary.

The club is now confined to playing trialists to see if they are good enough to wear the shirt.

It pains me to see what is going on at the club.[/QUOTE]

1 - WTF? :eek:

2 - :hobofish:

scottish_chicP

Haven't renewed but will be attending the games. In all honesty I thought I would but I have just booked four weeks in Oz at christmas so paying out that lump sum at the mo isn't the best.

Monsieur Maroon

I'm thinking along these lines too. Things are looking positive at the moment and hopefully they work out. However, with Romanov on board nothings certain. I'm not renewing this year but will probably attend quite a few matches anyway.

I feel i have to agrre with you to an extent JJ. I for one have renewed my season ticket but that was way at the start. Reason being is my saturdays would be pretty boring otherwise.

Going back to what you are saying. The Whole british/SPL experience was really important for me tbh. We were actually promised that one would be appointed and its clear that nobody was interested and thats why we have ended up with Csaba. A you say it is a concern that this may lead to further meddling in the team.

Now I am Fairly happy with how things have been going since his appointment. He is saying the right things and the players seem to be reacting.

The big test will be when he actually has to pick his own team. We will then see if he is picking the team or vlad has had a word in his ear.

I remain cautious at the moment but on the other hand i cant help to get excited about the season ahead.

Guest juvehearts

do you?

i could fire off at least 3 managers that have won the spl, OF i know but still.

Hungary is in the EU bud :rolleyes:

i think that is a good idea & it happenes all over the world.

it will always pain me to see the last 2 seasons, but football is all about looking foward & remembering the good times of the past.

foward thinking is a must in this game

and Laszlo Csaba appointment whilst its not the best it is a way foward than the previous year.

we are no-where near where we were 3 seasons ago & imo i dont think we ever will be again unless romanov drastically changes his ways.

i have not renewed & will not renew until i see stability back at the club.

we are getting there, but a lot needs done to get this clubs reputation & fans loyality back.

we need at least imo 4 spl standard signings that will get us into the top 6 then push for europe then eventually a CL spot.

i still dont think csaba is the man for the job & i really hope i am probed wrong.

only time will tell.

juve.

I haven't renewed for this season (season ticket holder for 19 of the last 22 years). I kind of lost interest and fell out of love a bit with the club over the last couple of seasons. I don't have any particularly positive feelings about the individual players, in fact I dislike most of them. I also feel that HMFC should have a qualified team manager, not an egotistical millionaire sitting plotting substitutions from a country thousands of miles away.

It appears that both these issues are being addressed with the promotion of exciting young talent into the first team squad and the beginning of a cull of underperforming players together with the appointment of a manager. I still feel that we could be only weeks away from another crisis (i.e. Csaba leaving) and all the good work of the past fortnight would be unravelled. I hope that Romanov can sit back and allow us to function as a normal football club again and then I'll be back watching a passionate Hearts team at Tynecastle.

Jeezoooooo! what a bunch of downbeats on this thread.

I have got mine.

shabba comming in has been great for the club.

if it pains you now....where were you before and how did you get through it?

Things are looking good imo and I think shabba will take the spl by storm....I hope shabba can get the systems he wants in place asap, because I do not think many teams will live with our movement and passing ...anytime you see one of the spl clubs outwith the old squirm in Europe you see fish out of water.

we will pump them all.

mon the hearts!

slashishere

Not renewed but did order my motherwell tickets on Wednesday and reckon I'll be able to make at least 4 more games before the years out, so doing better than I managed to get to last year, typical the way the fixtures work out!

ToadKiller Dog

No british manager will work under Romanov terms (or european in fact)' date=' [/b']as such Csaba's appointment clearly confirms that he will continue to interfere (probably even more) with team selection. He was not going to turn a job down that quadrupled his salary.

Come on PTBCAL dont you know that hungarian/romanian with a german passport is no where near being a european ,i understand that Hungary is actually just north of Timbuktu .Have you never seen the real atlas book published by the Hobo press.

And giving potential players a trial before signing them is the most stupid backward idea read chapter 6 in the hobo press book "how to run a successful football ball team with flair" by the author rod petrie.

Pants Shaton

I was looking for a reason to buy a season ticket not looking for reasons not to. When Csaba was appointed - I renewed.

All I'm looking for is a challenge for 3rd place this year. We'd have secured that if we'd shown the same form in the first half of last season as we did in the latter half. I've no doubt the Shabster can deliver.

JamboJimmyB

For those that have not worked it out.

Csaba was working in Africa before he came to Hearts. He was therefore not managing in europe when he took the job.

I presume he was struggling to find work hence taking up the position of managing Uganda on reportedly 40k pa.

Three non british managers that have won the SPL hardly inspiring.

Jansen, Advocat who was the other one ?

Didnt renew last season, was the first season for as long as i can remember without a season ticket. Went to as many games as I could , will be doing the same this season.

For those that have not worked it out.

Csaba was working in Africa before he came to Hearts. He was therefore not managing in europe when he took the job.

I presume he was struggling to find work hence taking up the position of managing Uganda on reportedly 40k pa.

Three non british managers that have won the SPL hardly inspiring.

Jansen, Advocat who was the other one ?

Who had heard of wim jansen before he got the celtic jobby though. There are hundereds of managers out of work....shabba kept himself invilded in the game and was willing to go to africa to do that. That says more than enough to me, you can see the passion the guys has and the organisational skills....the players raving about him.......i think he will rock the spl if backed by VR

JamboJimmyB

Surely if we need a left back go out and sign a recognised left back, likewise a striker etc. Romanov has the cash doesn't he ?

Giving players a trial means that you do not know there capabilities. If they perform well you sign them if they perform badly you don't. Is is a high risk strategy.

Trial players are most likely to be free agents not wanted by their existing clubs.

Basically everything comes down to money.

ToadKiller Dog
Surely if we need a left back go out and sign a recognised left back, likewise a striker etc. Romanov has the cash doesn't he ?

Giving players a trial means that you do not know there capabilities. If they perform well you sign them if they perform badly you don't. Is is a high risk strategy.

Trial players are most likely to be free agents not wanted by their existing clubs.

Basically everything comes down to money.

A trial is not just about checking to see if the players ability is good enough at first team level ,its about looking to see how he fits in with the teams style of play and how he gets on with the manager and the players and the same for the player who gets a chance to decide if he likes the set up at the club.

Its a sensible way of doing things more so for players from abroad .

most clubs do it.

With our clubs finances it would be madness just to spend spend without checks the January's buying spree in 2006 proved that.

Who had heard of wim jansen before he got the celtic jobby though. There are hundereds of managers out of work....shabba kept himself invilded in the game and was willing to go to africa to do that. That says more than enough to me, you can see the passion the guys has and the organisational skills....the players raving about him.......i think he will rock the spl if backed by VR

The players RAVED about Shaggy...What else are they going to do..."Na a Fink the Managers Sheeite..." (In a lithuanian accent!!) ;)

I didn't renew, probably go to a few games. I'll wait a season and see how Shabba gets on with Madfud before parting with my hard earned, I can't see the egotistical P**** changing too much!!

Clerry Jambo

Didn't renew but will go to the Well game.

Wish Csaba all the luck in the world but the squad has not been supplemented with any quality players so don't see where all the optimism is coming from.

Couldn't put myself through another of the last two seasons. Until we know Shabba's picking the team, then i'll re-new. Wasn't going to re-new last year but couldn't help myself, couldn't have known at the time we'd be even worse! The thought of more of the same makes me cringe, so i'll wait and see what's happening and buy a half ST at Christmas. Still be going to games in the meantime though.

No british manager will work under Romanov terms (or european in fact)' date=' [/b']as such Csaba's appointment clearly confirms that he will continue to interfere (probably even more) with team selection. He was not going to turn a job down that quadrupled his salary.

You're spot on mate. Its like the Rix appointment. ie Someone getting a job beyond his wildest dreams, and someone Vlad thinks will put up with his mad ways. OK, the new boy seems to be rallying the troops but we've been here before no ?? I hope I'm proved wrong, but three potential managers have already declined. When I read the Kaunus story today i just thought, yes yes, here we go again. Anyone renewing off the managerial appointment alone must be, well to be fair probably desperate for us to get back to being a proper club again, but in reality, Vlads had you again !!. I wont renew till Vlads gone, and no I'm not a Hobo, and no I'm not a glory merchant I can just see through this idiot and what he's done and doing to our club.

The big test is in the next week. The manager said today he has presented Vlad with his signing targets and its "up to the club now". Well lets see who we've signed by 1st August shall we ??

Never renewed after 10 years or so of having one because:

1)I'm not entirely happy with the new manager after today's announcement reeking Vlads commands re watching Kaunas for possible transfers when another manager who knocked us back lately said they were nowhere near good enough for our plans.

2) When will Vlad drop the next bombshell if everything improves??

3) Really pyssed off the last 2 seasons which have made a mockery of our club.

etc,etc.

I too hope everything goes well but I couldn't enjoy this with one eye looking out for the madman to ruin it all once again. Just can't trust Vlad no more basically.:(

Clerry Jambo
Never renewed after 10 years or so of having one because:

1)I'm not entirely happy with the new manager after today's announcement reeking Vlads commands re watching Kaunas for possible transfers when another manager who knocked us back lately said they were nowhere near good enough for our plans.

2) When will Vlad drop the next bombshell if everything improves??

3) Really pyssed off the last 2 seasons which have made a mockery of our club.

etc,etc.

I too hope everything goes well but I couldn't enjoy this with one eye looking out for the madman to ruin it all once again. Just can't trust Vlad no more basically.:(

Totally agree Fener.........

JennytheJambo

Haven't renewed. This being my 1st time in 20 years, the same reason as everyone else, though the other being that I can't afford it this season. Then received a phone call from Hearts yesterday asking if I was still wanting to renew. I was surprised that my seats were still available. I said I would think about it if I could find the money. They are holding the seats for another 2 weeks.

i renewed when a heard csaba came in the door caved in a bit lyk.

always knew a wud get one but was just a matter of when really tbh.

Archived