I Want Pressley as Assistant Manager

Maroon Mayhem

Maroon Mayhem

Below is a quote taken from another thread talking about "that" semi-final win. This demonstrates in part, why Pressley should now be our assistant manager.

Not only was Pressley a huge presence on the park, he was a leader off it too. His commitment to the club whilst he was here was absolutely unquestionable and he takes his place quite rightly among the legends whose pictures hang in the stadium.

To pre-empt the chest thumping for Celtic issue that will undoubtedly raise it's head; I see that as merely as something he would do towards the supporters of any team he plays for, I fully expect him to do that at his next club too. In no way was that intended to be a slight against the fans as some have said.

I've absolutely no doubt that in the dressing room he was one of Hearts most influential players of the modern era and I think the time is right for him to take his place alongside Csaba. Unfortunately I don't see Romanov or some fans having the same opinion but you can always live in hope!

John S

Having spoken with one of the Hearts officials about that day, he told me that the squad were in great spirits as they left the hotel on the Sunday morning. There was much banter on the coach from the hotel to Hampden, however as the coach got nearer to Hampden I am told that concern was noted about the lack of Hearts fans seen in the vicinity of Hampden.

However, as the coach turned into the Hampden car park the players and officials were blown away by the reception they got from the Hearts support, it had a huge effect on the Hearts party, and as the bus slowly manoeuvred through the 1000s of Hearts fans outside Hampden, the players were silent. Elvis was apparently the first to speak shouting ?no pressure then Valdas?.

After the initial pre game warm up, where the ground was already almost full in the Hearts end while the other end remained almost empty, Elvis used the fans, and what it meant to them, as part of his warm up speech prior to the game. Elvis also insisted that the Hearts team got to the tunnel first, and ensured that when the hibs team arrived to line up beside the Hearts team, the Hearts players would not acknowledge them in any way, the deal was that all Heats players would simply look straight ahead while totally blanking the hobos.

Let there be no mistake about that day, the Hearts players knew that game was won as soon as the coach pulled into the Hampden car park.

Appointing elvis as an assitiant to shabba would be the most inspiring thing romanov could do. It would prove he can change and move on and do whats best for hearts.

Personally...I would love that to happen.

just don't think it will.:sad:

I would quite like it.

Thinking back to that day when the bus approached the junction for Hampden car park, the place was absolutely bouncing, it was electric!! First time I have ever had goosebumps outside a football stadium! It must feel amazing to know THAT support was behind you going into such a huge game.

If only we could turn Tynecastle back into the sold-out cauldron of atmosphere it was nearly 3 years ago....

Half the SPL teams couldn't cope with the pressure in my opinion.

In two minds really think we need someone of that type as assistant (Hearts legend) but he really p****d me off the first time he came back to tynie with smeltic giving it all the fist pumping kissing the badge to the celtic fans. Never gonna happen anyway

In two minds really think we need someone of that type as assistant (Hearts legend) but he really p****d me off the first time he came back to tynie with smeltic giving it all the fist pumping kissing the badge to the celtic fans. Never gonna happen anyway

Oh dear, not another Elvis thread!? Personally, it would give the whole place a lift going into the first game against Motherwell if he did come back. His commitment in a Hearts top will never be in question, now, we wait with baited breath for the usual Elvis haters to start their usual Jhudas pesh!

I want to be 6'3" with a full head of hair and married to Winona Ryder.

Well, two outta three ain't bad...or have I got you confused with someone else?

And as for the third one...you'll just have to pay for your shopping like the rest of us :D

Why do we keeop going over this?

It seems bizarre to constantly comment on Elvis returning. It will never heppen as long as VR is at the helm.

FFS our plan B wouldnt come becuase CR was still at the club in a very minor way.

jackjambo22

If Elvis returned to Tynie i'm sure he would be delighted when Celtic came to town

Re of the result he could run up to the travelling celtic fans thumping his chest begging and crawling for acceptance:(

Great player, Captain and servant and sadly a proven sycophant, nope, no fur me :P

Maroon Mayhem
If Elvis returned to Tynie i'm sure he would be delighted when Celtic came to town

Re of the result he could run up to the travelling celtic fans thumping his chest begging and crawling for acceptance:(

Great player, Captain and servant and sadly a proven sycophant, nope, no fur me :P

Wouldn't you be slightly sycophantic if you'd played for the other half of the OF, think you would..............

jackjambo22
Wouldn't you be slightly sycophantic if you'd played for the other half of the OF, think you would..............

Think what you want :)

turnkey1874

I would love it if he came back, but I doubt it will as long as the mad one is in charge

Elvis as assistant would be a massive statement from the club. It would be a massive statement about Romanovs ability to admit and rectify mistakes of the past, and it would certainly give me more confidence that Csaba would be in full control of the team

jamboinglasgow

Think Pressely would make a great assistant. The intelligence, wisdom and respect he has would make him a great manager. He also has a great admiration for youth (as I think he is on the board of HYDC.) Alot of the youngsters still hold him in high regard. He has the dignity and the passion needed to install in the players. Under Burley and Strachan he will have learnt alot, and if he came under Csaba he would also learn alot from people.

I think if it is proven by the players that Csaba is changing things and that vlad is sticking his nose out then I think Pressely would be more interested. Think Berra should be used to talk to him to tell him its changed. Think it can change.

Pants Shaton

Elvis is a Hearts legend to all but a tiny minority (mostly comprised of the famous '25 guys who drink in Robbo's').

I look forward to the day he returns.

A shame that so many of the 'H brigade' are suspended at the moment.

Appointing elvis as an assitiant to shabba would be the most inspiring thing romanov could do. It would prove he can change and move on and do whats best for hearts.

I agree totally.

Give the man the job!!

No thanks... time to find a new leader, one that doesnt want to play for the old firm and pump his chest when he gets one over on HMFC.

Toxteth O'Grady

It's not going to happen get over it.

This is what VR said when Shaggy was punted

"Scottish people are part of the local footballing mafia, and it is very difficult for them to rise above that level.

"In the past I had experience of allowing people to run the club, allowing locals to run the club, but that really didn't bring tangible results. Even in the beginning of the year, the team was managed by local people. It was fully their responsibility, nobody interfered with them.

http://sport.scotsman.com/sport/Stephen-Frail-Manager-leaves-Hearts.4272659.jp

Guest JamboRobbo

I don't think anyone is suggesting it's about to happen.

Just that some people would like it to, regardless of whether the mad one would like it to or not.

Pants Shaton

This is what VR said when Shaggy was punted

"Scottish people are part of the local footballing mafia, and it is very difficult for them to rise above that level.

"In the past I had experience of allowing people to run the club, allowing locals to run the club, but that really didn't bring tangible results. Even in the beginning of the year, the team was managed by local people. It was fully their responsibility, nobody interfered with them.

http://sport.scotsman.com/sport/Stephen-Frail-Manager-leaves-Hearts.4272659.jp

I think Csaba should be given the opportunity to bring in an assistant of his choosing - whether that be a Scot or a former acquaintance. Pressley returning whilst Vlad is in charge - unlikely and probably too unstable a union; after all the cure was painful but at least we have the diagnosis!

Billy the Jambo

To quote Keegan i would love it if that happened .Sadly it won,t as long as the mad dictator is here

Ain't gonna happen though

Everything else is already in place.. but does Maria know? ;)

But I would be absolutely thrilled if Elvis came back to Tynie - in any capacity.

The Old Tolbooth

Just the full head of hair would do me!

Sorry m8, but there is bigger chance of Elvis being the number 2 than you getting to pump Winona Ryder. ;)

For me, this is all about getting back what we let go of not long ago.

Reading that opener about the Hampden match gave me goosebumps, what a day. Like Scotland v England 1990 - the mindset was one of conviction. Also, we gave launch to the White Stripes remix, which I note has been reproduced around the world, the mechanical roylaties of which will clear our debt.

Yes - Elvis as No. 2 ...providing its a partnership that works. I agree with all the positive comments above, in that its not just having a Scottish voice, but that of a born leader. Switching clubs is what professional footballers do. Leading clubs is what few professional footballers can do. Read that opening post again, it ranks up there with Buffalo Bill's finest.

Deodato

What if Csaba does not want him ?

Great leader in his time but it does not mean he would be great coach especially as Csaba wants the team to defend in a different way from the way Pressley did ie more composure and passing it from the park as oppossed to just get it lumped up the park.

Maroon Mayhem
What if Csaba does not want him ?

Great leader in his time but it does not mean he would be great coach especially as Csaba wants the team to defend in a different way from the way Pressley did ie more composure and passing it from the park as oppossed to just get it lumped up the park.

The buck stops at Csaba, if Pressley wants to develop as a coach he will have to learn from experienced managers in the same way Csaba would no doubt have to have done.

I think Csaba has done a pretty fine job up to now of inspiring people around him and it seems to have created a positive effect. Our main problem last year was that we were a rudderless ship, we didn't have the 8th best squad in the SPL, of that I'm certain. We need inspirational characters at the club.

Walter Bishop
Below is a quote taken from another thread talking about "that" semi-final win. This demonstrates in part, why Pressley should now be our assistant manager.

Not only was Pressley a huge presence on the park, he was a leader off it too. His commitment to the club whilst he was here was absolutely unquestionable and he takes his place quite rightly among the legends whose pictures hang in the stadium.

To pre-empt the chest thumping for Celtic issue that will undoubtedly raise it's head; I see that as merely as something he would do towards the supporters of any team he plays for, I fully expect him to do that at his next club too. In no way was that intended to be a slight against the fans as some have said.

I've absolutely no doubt that in the dressing room he was one of Hearts most influential players of the modern era and I think the time is right for him to take his place alongside Csaba. Unfortunately I don't see Romanov or some fans having the same opinion but you can always live in hope!

This is how to sell out your season tickets in 1 go!!!

You know it makes sense Romanov!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The buck stops at Csaba, if Pressley wants to develop as a coach he will have to learn from experienced managers in the same way Csaba would no doubt have to have done.

I think Csaba has done a pretty fine job up to now of inspiring people around him and it seems to have created a positive effect. Our main problem last year was that we were a rudderless ship, we didn't have the 8th best squad in the SPL, of that I'm certain. We need inspirational characters at the club.

Yeah got to agree with that.There is one thing if it all it needs is a little bit to get the lads pumped up before a game to add to what Csaba has put down in place then there would be no better than Pressley.

Dagger Is Back

Would love to see SP back with us. A great leader of men both on/off the park and a fantastic professional footballer.

Would be a great step for us and I'm sure that he could bring on the young players very well. We've always had promising youngsters but so few of them have made it in any real way.

Something goes wrong with young talent and they need a role model and someone to help them realise their true potential.

SP could be that man.

]

Frankenstein Jambo.

I loved SP. I always thought the man was a true leader on and off the park and wasn't a bad footballer either.

People like Roy Kean and Paul Ince where also natural leaders on the park and look how good managers they are turning out to be. I would put Put SP leadership ability up with theres and i think he will become one of the best managers in the game one day.

Oh and BTW, yes i would take him back as Assistant manager in a second.

People like Roy Kean and Paul Ince where also natural leaders on the park and look how good managers they are turning out to be.

Neither Keane nor Ince participated in or initiated a dressing room revolt and spouted off to the press. Neither Keane nor Ince moved to another club and disrespected their previous club's fans on their return.

To compare a weasel like Presslhey to Keane and Ince is ridiculous.

jackjambo22
Neither Keane nor Ince participated in or initiated a dressing room revolt and spouted off to the press. Neither Keane nor Ince moved to another club and disrespected their previous club's fans on their return.

Bang on mate:)

Dagger Is Back

Aye, better he had just sat and said nothing right enough. The disease that was eating away at our club wasn't Steven Pressley. We ALL know that.

Aye, better he had just sat and said nothing right enough.

No. Better that he showed a bit of loyalty and intestinal fortitude and tried to rally the dressing room. :mad:

If you listen to what he said at Riccarton, it wasn't all that much. However, the fact he hijacked the press conference and made a couple of relatively bland - but negative - comments meant he knew he would be heading for the exit door.

And a few weeks later he pops up at ra sellik.......... :rolleyes:

Dagger Is Back
No. Better that he showed a bit of loyalty and intestinal fortitude and tried to rally the dressing room. :mad:

If you listen to what he said at Riccarton, it wasn't all that much. However, the fact he hijacked the press conference and made a couple of relatively bland - but negative - comments meant he knew he would be heading for the exit door.

And a few weeks later he pops up at ra sellik.......... :rolleyes:

We'll agree to differ shall we? Will save at least 10 pages I reckon.

We'll agree to differ shall we? Will save at least 10 pages I reckon.

Although I'm right, I think that would be advisable.

Thanks for your consideration. ;)

Dagger Is Back

Just thought I'd save us both a lot of trouble. I don't really fancy all the banging my head stuff.

Dagger Is Back
If he signs for Hubs will you losers still want him back.

If he signs for Hubs he won't be able to come back to us until he leaves them.

If he did that then this is one loser who would welcome him back.

SP is a winner unlike some on here.

Fat Striker

I must have imagined Keane slagging off numerous teammates in an interview on MUTV thus incurring the rath of Ferguson and cementing his departure out of Old Trafford.

:rolleyes:

I must have imagined Keane slagging off numerous teammates in an interview on MUTV thus incurring the rath of Ferguson and cementing his departure out of Old Trafford.

:rolleyes:

336697.jpg

That's you all over, the only person who thinks your right is you...well...except for the odd person who probably can't see you for what you are. Once again on JKB, there's more who'd quite happily see Pressley back than people that won't..nuff said!

:wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

That's not a revolt. It's a frank statement/exchange of views.

Archived