Fixtures for Outlook

WalterEgo

200milesfromgorgie

Cheers!

but how do i import them into outlook. is it just a cut and paste job?

Good man........just need you to tell me how to import it now..!!

yes please, Im a technical pygmy!!:confused:

I'm using Outlook2000. Outlook Express should be something similar.

Save the file somewhere, then File --> Import and Export --> Import from another program or file --> Comma Separated Values (DOS) --> Browse to where you saved the file and select it --> Select the calendar you want to import into --> Check the box next to "Import..." --> Click "Map Custom Fields" --> Drag "Date" onto "Start Date", "Time" onto "Start Time", "Subject" onto "Subject" --> Hit 'Next' and Roberto es su tio.

I'm using Outlook2000. Outlook Express should be something similar.

Save the file somewhere, then File --> Import and Export --> Import from another program or file --> Comma Separated Values (DOS) --> Browse to where you saved the file and select it --> Select the calendar you want to import into --> Check the box next to "Import..." --> Click "Map Custom Fields" --> Drag "Date" onto "Start Date", "Time" onto "Start Time", "Subject" onto "Subject" --> Hit 'Next' and Roberto es su tio.

jeez, is that another language!? :confused:cheers.

i get to the "comma seperated Values (DOS)" part and it asks me to install something. Using the works comp it may be a bad idea. I have saved it to my desktop so will be able to keep up to date with it

Rudolf's Mate

Maybe because it saves as a txt file and not a csv dos file which is why you won't find it when browsing.

jeez, is that another language!? :confused:cheers.

This bit is "Roberto es su tio" ;)

The rest was pure Redmond, Washington.

Rudolf's Mate

Someone change it to csv and upload.... Let me know how you get on as I am sure this won't work as csv & txt don't like each other ;)

May be wrong though

OmiyaHearts

i'm on works computer too and need to install something as the 'feature is not installed'. cant see the IT guys helping me out on this one.

any other ways to do this?

Someone change it to csv and upload.... Let me know how you get on as I am sure this won't work as csv & txt don't like each other ;)

May be wrong though

The VB server wouldn't let me upload a *.csv file so I changed it to .txt. Just change it back.

Can't see it even after changing it to .csv

I know I am probably doing something "reely Stuupit" here.....

Can't see it even after changing it to .csv

I know I am probably doing something "reely Stuupit" here.....

OK - try this. Open the file in Excel then save it as a comma separated values file from there.

Rudolf's Mate

You are correct with the follow mate....

Open and copy paste into Excel. Save the Excel but change to csv. The upload as you have stated. Did this and worked a treat

Cheers..... Now the envy of the Portsmouth supporters in my office ;)

bean counter

Excellent

Thanks for this it worked atreat. It's the first time I've uploaded them usually I just type them in. saved me masses of time

scottish_chicP
i'm on works computer too and need to install something as the 'feature is not installed'. cant see the IT guys helping me out on this one.

any other ways to do this?

I'm the same.

I've got outlook express and when i go to file, import there is no option to import from another file!!

HELP!!

I've got outlook express and when i go to file, import there is no option to import from another file!!

HELP!!

Aahhh... my mistake. Don't think OE has a calendar.

Aahhh... my mistake. Don't think OE has a calendar.

nuts!!

you're right it doesn't!!

cheers anyway!!

colinmaroon

Tried updating from Excel but as I'm running Office Home 2007 and still have Outlook 2003, Outlook Import won't read Excel 2007.

Is it possible to post an Excel file for 97/2003?

after all that i ended up just entering all the fixtures manually. Main system is down at work so been able to sit on kickback and my emails all day. Bored!!

Tried updating from Excel but as I'm running Office Home 2007 and still have Outlook 2003, Outlook Import won't read Excel 2007.

Is it possible to post an Excel file for 97/2003?

Should work. I'm running Office Home 2007 and Outlook 2000. Save the file as a .csv, not Excel, or us the zipped csv file above.

Archived