Two or three signings in the next few days

Ryan Gosling

Hearts of Vladland
The manager admitted he will assess possible options from within the FBK Kaunas squad, from whom a number of players are currently on loan.

"I would like to see Kaunas against Rangers and if it is possible that we see a very good player maybe we could bring them to Hearts," he suggested. "If we see in the games and it is possible to transfer them to Hearts then we will do it.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Guess we'll have to wait and see if they are proper signings or Kaunas losers that turn up.

Geoff Kilpatrick

It feels so wrong to want Rangers to hump an opponent (unless it h**s) but I have that feeling about the meeting between Rangers and Kaunas.

Ryan Gosling
:)

Funny.

I'm desperate.

He does say there are some signings that he hopes to announce before the Kaunas game though.

Drylaw Hearts
I'm desperate.

He does say there are some signings that he hopes to announce before the Kaunas game though.

Very mysterious.

davemclaren
Don't see a problem with it, if it's Csaba's idea.

Hopefully he's just stringing Vlad along. I can't think there are any of the current Kaunas squad that would enhance ours. :rolleyes:

Ryan Gosling
Hopefully he's just stringing Vlad along. I can't think there are any of the current Kaunas squad that would enhance ours. :rolleyes:

Just the Brazilian boy, but WP problems mean he won't be here.

Dr. Bapswent

Sheer ignorance to associate Kaunas with poor players.

If Csaba can get their potential out of them, i have no problem where they came from. To automatically assume anything else it short sighted ignorance.

Funny.

He seems pretty confident and outspoken about the relationship he has with Vlad and how it all works, he really doesn't shirk these questions.

So what is he? A really polished fibber or simply misguided by ******-eyed optimism?

He could be telling the truth you know. ;)

jamboinglasgow
Don't see a problem with it, if it's Csaba's idea.

from what I read Csaba is simply saying he will have a look, and only if they are very good will he bring them.

Guest JamboRobbo

After everything good I've heard Csaba say over the past few weeks, he meets Vlad then immediately starts coming out with stuff like that. Same old same old.

Last week it was all about getting experience in our squad (the thing we actually do need). Now it's all about hungry youngsters and looking at Kaunus players.

davemclaren

If Csaba can get their potential out of them, i have no problem where they came from. To automatically assume anything else it short sighted ignorance.

Personally, I think it's sheer ignorance, based on historical evidence, their performances in Europe and the standard of their league, not to associate them with poor players. :cool_shades:

Personally, I think it's sheer ignorance, based on historical evidence, their performances in Europe and the standard of their league, not to associate them with poor players. :cool_shades:

Have to agree. Only Velicka has made an impact consistently.

Guest JamboRobbo

Ignoring the evidence is ignorance.

Drylaw Hearts

As the overwhelming majority of players who have previously made the transfer from Kaunas First Team to the Hearts Squad have been extremely poor, you surely must be able to understand the concern ?

The Lithuanian League doesn't exactly appear to be a hot-bed of footballing talent.

If its not Ledesma, I'll be far from impressed.

Really hope Rankgers pump Kaunas now. Wasn't overly bothered up till this quote from Csaba.

:(

jamboinglasgow
After everything good I've heard Csaba say over the past few weeks, he meets Vlad then immediately starts coming out with stuff like that. Same old same old.

Last week it was all about getting experience in our squad (the thing we actually do need). Now it's all about hungry youngsters and looking at Kaunus players.

from what I read he was wanting hungry experenced players not ones who see hearts as an easy retirement club.

Dr. Bapswent
As the overwhelming majority of players who have previously made the transfer from Kaunas First Team to the Hearts Squad have been extremely poor, you surely must be able to understand the concern ?

The Lithuanian League doesn't exactly appear to be a hot-bed of footballing talent.

I havent seen that many player come and work with a decent coach/manager in order to get the best out of them.

Valdas, Malofeev, Frail etc...

All tried to halt the decline of the club.

Burley showed what the players could do.

The other mangers simply highlighted the effect of having no real managment.

I recall Miko and Chesney being wonders to watch...when....back when we had a proper coach in charge.

They have the potentail and ability...thats not in doubt...and yes, they come from Lithuania....(OH MY GOD)....they need a manager to help culture that again.

Therefore I am not going to take the ridiculous stance that all player from that country/league are not going to be able to do a job until they have at least shown they cannot do it under the proper conditions.

Drylaw Hearts
He seems pretty confident and outspoken about the relationship he has with Vlad and how it all works, he really doesn't shirk these questions.

So what is he? A really polished fibber or simply misguided by ******-eyed optimism?

He could be telling the truth you know. ;)

Time will tell.

I hope he's paying VR lip service by even considering this Kaunas malarky.

It's proven to be a particuarly nasty route for us in the past and to contemplate again is madness.

If we get landed with another batch of useless Kaunas'ers again in this Transfer Window then things will be no better than they were last Season.

Csaba isn't really saying anything though. It even sounds a little like rehearsed lip service.

" possible " , " very good players ", " maybe ".

davemclaren
I havent seen that many player come and work with a decent coach/manager in order to get the best out of them.

I recall Miko and Chesney being wonders to watch...when....back when we had a proper coach in charge.

They have the potentail and ability...thats not in doubt...and yes, they come from Lithuania....(OH MY GOD)....they need a manager to help culture that again.

Therefore I am not going to take the ridiculous stance that all player from that country/league are not going to be able to do a job until they have at least shown they cannot do it under the proper conditions.

Other players have shined under the VR circus. However, I rate the judgement of George Burley more than any of the other coaches we have had and he certainly didn't rate Chesney and Miko.

I agree there will be the odd nugget from Lithuania but a country of that size with little public interest in football isn't going to produce many top quality players.

Dr. Bapswent
Other players have shined under the VR circus. However, I rate the judgement of George Burley more than any of the other coaches we have had and he certainly didn't rate Chesney and Miko.

I agree there will be the odd nugget from Lithuania but a country of that size with little public interest in football isn't going to produce many top quality players.

I never said its the only place to look. Just it shouldn't be dismissed.

And ill trust a decent coach who makes the decisions to decide how good he can be, not simply the team or country he came from.

Drylaw Hearts

Hearts have taken more than a dozen genuine FBK Kaunas players in 3.1/2 years and only 1 has made a big enough contribution to consider the move a success.

The rest ?

Piish.

In short :

It doesn't work and it's hindered our progress since Burley

davemclaren
I never said its the only place to look. Just it shouldn't be dismissed.

And ill trust a decent coach who makes the decisions to decide how good he can be, not simply the team or country he came from.

He might as well come and have a look at Bonnyrigg Rose as well while he's at it. ;)

Dr. Bapswent
He might as well come and have a look at Bonnyrigg Rose as well while he's at it. ;)

You'd snub a potetially good player, the gaffer likes the look of because he came from an unlikely place?

What about the Uganda....but your criteria...not worth bothering with....so you think we should snub Obua?

The Wicker Man

Burley's approach was to buy decent players in - very successful but unsustainable financially for a club the size of ours.

Vlad's plan is to use youth and cheaper options so they can be sold on for profit.

Hopefully Csaba can balance the two ??

Csaba isn't really saying anything though. It even sounds a little like rehearsed lip service.

" possible " , " very good players ", " maybe ".

That's how I read it.

Can't blame people for being paranoid but from the words Csaba chose I'm not overly concerned.

Ryan Gosling

Can we focus on the 'we hope to present two or three new signings in the next two or three days' ?

Obua was signed with very little notice so we may be in for a surprise.

Can we focus on the 'we hope to present two or three new signings in the next two or three days' ?

On that subject, I don't think he actually mentioned the word "sign" or "signings" (may have missed it though!), so I think it'll be trialists as he mentioned a couple of days ago.

Ryan Gosling
On that subject, I don't think he actually mentioned the word "sign" or "signings" (may have missed it though!), so I think it'll be trialists as he mentioned a couple of days ago.

It's when he said 'present'. It seemed like signings rather than triallists to me.

Always the optimist, eh? :)

I hope you're right and we get 3 first team players, into the squad and bringing up the standard of our starting XI asap. What a boost that would give us.

The players we have from Kaunas just now should get a chance, the same as the rest. If Csaba doesnt think he needs them then get rid of them. Whether thats in the next few weeks or january or whenever. As for adding any more i think that would just show that the problems remain. Of course Csaba may just be being diplomatic. We'll soon see i suppose.

davemclaren
You'd snub a potetially good player, the gaffer likes the look of because he came from an unlikely place?

What about the Uganda....but your criteria...not worth bothering with....so you think we should snub Obua?

I don't care where good players come from. Unfortunately, the Kaunas well has proved to be pretty dry over the last few years. I'm hoping that the days of 'showcasing' mediocre Kaunas players at Hearts are over so this statement does make me uneasy..

Let's wait and see. :rolleyes:

I dont know why there are so many fans with such a negative response to Csaba's quotes.

Is it really that much of a surprise that VR still wants Csaba to take a look at players from Kaunus to see if they would enhance the squad, thatwas happening even when Burley was at Hearts.

Anyway Csaba claims they may be announcing 2/3 signings in the next 3 days, which by my reckoning ends on Sunday evening and Kaunus dont play Rangers till Wednesday Night.

I dont know what all the fuss is about.

givememychoice

Miko's quality is undeniable. He played a starring role against the world champions on their own soil.

Whether he is consistent enough is another story.

Also, with regards the whole burley thing. There were 4 players who played every minute of the league under burley. Webster, pressley, hartley and.....robbie. So is robbie good? (i actually think he is, but its not a common view!)

The fact that he even mentioned the Kaunas thing at all suggests to me that he's absolutely comfortable with the arrangement and confident that he has the authority to make these decisions himself. If he wasn't, he surely wouldn't have mentioned it at all? He's no dafty, he'll be well aware that this is a bit of a hot potato. Still, as with everything else...we can but wait and observe.

But back to these signings...someone must have heard even a wee whisper about who they might be?

davemclaren
The fact that he even mentioned the Kaunas thing at all suggests to me that he's absolutely comfortable with the arrangement and confident that he has the authority to make these decisions himself. If he wasn't, he surely wouldn't have mentioned it at all? He's no dafty, he'll be well aware that this is a bit of a hot potato. Still, as with everything else...we can but wait and observe.

But back to these signings...someone must have heard even a wee whisper about who they might be?

Good attempt at positivising the thread.... ;)

No idea. We need new players so hopefully they are better than what we currently have. That's all we can ask for.

Doesn't sound so dodgy when you put it like that.

Lithuanian players are going to be part of life at Hearts for as long as Vlad is in town. As long as Csaba is not told to play them and he gets to bring in his own players, then it's not the end of the world I suppose.

Good attempt at positivising the thread.... ;)

No idea. We need new players so hopefully they are better than what we currently have. That's all we can ask for.

And I thought I was being subtle about it. Hehe.

Doesn't sound so dodgy when you put it like that.

Lithuanian players are going to be part of life at Hearts for as long as Vlad is in town. As long as Csaba is not told to play them and he gets to bring in his own players, then it's not the end of the world I suppose.

Yeah, I think we need to get our heads around the fact that we're stuck with them and they're stuck with us too...for as long as we form part of the magical pyramid of Vlad anyway.

The theory behind the strategy is sound, but the system he envisions just can't work unless the quality is there to be found and developed in the first place. We all know that and I've never really quite understood why sometimes, we think that Vlad doesn't see that too. He must see it. I can only imagine that he has some cunning plan in mind to resolve that 'glitch'.

Csaba seems to get it...if he really gets the autonomy that he's supposed to get, hopefully this plan will reap the occasional dividend rather than saddle us with endless duds.

Drylaw Hearts

Csaba seems to get it...if he really gets the autonomy that he's supposed to get, hopefully this plan will reap the occasional dividend rather than saddle us with endless duds.

I do not like FBK Kaunas.

Or

Duds FC as they should be known.

Commander Harris

as an aside, whether we like the content or not I think it's a positive step that we are still getting increased communication even when the content of that may be controversial with some. It's not just a question of the club only telling us what we want to hear but seemingly open and honest communication with the fans.

I'm also not going to get too upset about the actual content of this. Csaba mentions a couple of possible targets and also the possibility of looking at the Kaunas squad to see if there is someone he might want. I don't see a problem with this if it is Csaba who has the decision on this.

Given Romanov's involvement with both clubs I would have been surprised if he didn't look to see if there were any options there.

Archived